Hadestown Understudies

BroadwayRox3588 Profile Photo
BroadwayRox3588
#525Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 7:10pm

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2 said: "My show was cancelled this afternoon but never got an email."

Out of curiosity, are you referring to Hadestown, or did another show cancel their matinee?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#526Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 7:12pm

It's more than just COVID causing people to be out. Grace Yoo is injured, Tara Jackson is on vacation and only "Yaya", Jessie and Emily posted about having COVID. Just odd that nothing was mentioned about the absences of Andre, Reeve or Lana; three principal performers. I wonder how many ticket holders showed up to the theater without knowing it's been cancelled? Emails get sent out, but that's about it. Both shows today gave two hours notice yet nothing was posted on any of their social media accounts. I'd bet tomorrow's matinee is also cancelled.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2
#527Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 7:14pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Apple Cinnamon Candle 2 said: "My show was cancelled this afternoon but never got an email."

Out of curiosity, are you referring toHadestown, or did another show cancel their matinee?
"

Hadestown matinee 

BroadwayRox3588
#528Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 7:18pm

ACL2006 said: "It's more than just COVID causing people to be out. Grace Yoo is injured, Tara Jackson is on vacation and only "Yaya", Jessie and Emily posted about having COVID."

This is what happens when Macbeth moves across the street.

BroadwayRox3588
#529Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 7:19pm

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2 said: "BroadwayRox3588 said: "Apple Cinnamon Candle 2 said: "My show was cancelled this afternoon but never got an email."

Out of curiosity, are you referring toHadestown, or did another show cancel their matinee?
"

Hadestown matinee
"

Thank you for the clarification!

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2
#530Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 7:20pm

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Apple Cinnamon Candle 2 said: "BroadwayRox3588 said: "Apple Cinnamon Candle 2 said: "My show was cancelled this afternoon but never got an email."

"

Hadestown matinee
"

Thank you for the clarification!
"

All good!! I figured it was assumed since it was a Hadestown thread but I should know better lol

Texas Tanya
#531Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 7:50pm

TOHadestownFan said: "I commend the cast and crew for working so hard this week to try to make these shows happen, but it's getting really difficult not to get frustrated with the producers for the lack of transparency. People with tickets to upcoming shows shouldn't have to rely on message boards or journalist Twitter accounts to find out if a show is being cancelled or not. I understand why they don't want to cancel multiple shows days in advance, but I wish they would at least provide clearer updates on how many people are out with COVID vs. how many people are on vacation and have a set return date. Especially with spring break being next week, it feels like the producers aren't being respectful to the many people who travel from out of town to see these shows and aren't just a short subway/car ride away from Broadway.

I guess I'll keep hoping that this mostly resolves itself in the next few days, but I wish I definitively knew whether I should be cancelling my upcoming trip to NYC...
"

I understand it is frustrating.  Our show is in a week and we are super worried about cancellations!  It's our 3rd time to attempt to see Hadestown and we are hoping third time is the charm.  BUT......I would not expect a show to release information about any members health, even general info saying XYZ number of people are out with covid.  Truly that is no one's business.  And while I may really want to know so I can stress and predict if shows will be on in a week and who will or will not be out, I have no expectations that they will provide any information on the health status of the cast.

That said.........I find it really odd that the do not post on social media when the show is cancelled.  That is one of the quickest ways to get the word out if the ticket broker (Seat Geek I think) is not getting the emails out like they should.

Our family is crossing their fingers that everyone is healthy soon!

TOHadestownFan
#532Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 8:22pm

Texas Tanya said: "BUT......I would not expect a show to release information about any members health, even general info saying XYZ number of people are out with covid. Truly that is no one's business. And while I may really want to know so I can stress and predict if shows will be on in a week and who will or will not be out, I have no expectations that they will provide any information on the health status of the cast."

That's fair, and maybe I used the wrong example to make my point. I don't think they should be forced to disclose COVID/health details, but I do wish ticket-holders with shows coming up in the next few days got at least some sort of official update, even if it's a vague one, about the likelihood of future cancellations. Even something as general as "we're pretty confident there won't need to be any more cancellations next week" vs. "this is ongoing and there might be more cancellations coming up, but we'll keep you updated" would be helpful. Of course I understand why they don't want to do that (they don't want a rush of people requesting refunds for shows that might still go forward), but it makes things difficult for people who are planning larger trips around the show.

But anyways, nothing we can really do except hope that things get better quickly. Hopefully both our families are able to see our shows!

Texas Tanya
#533Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/12/22 at 9:34pm

TOHadestownFan said: "Texas Tanya said: "BUT......I would not expect a show to release information about any members health, even general info saying XYZ number of people are out with covid. Truly that is no one's business. And while I may really want to know so I can stress and predict if shows will be on in a week and who will or will not be out, I have no expectations that they will provide any information on the health status of the cast."

That's fair, and maybe I used the wrong example to make my point. I don't think they should be forced to disclose COVID/health details, but I do wish ticket-holders with shows coming up in the next few days got at least somesort of official update, even if it's a vague one, about the likelihood of future cancellations. Even something as general as "we're pretty confident there won't need to be any more cancellations next week" vs. "this is ongoing and there might be more cancellations coming up, but we'll keep you updated" would be helpful. Of course I understand why they don't want to do that (they don't want a rush of people requesting refunds for shows that might still go forward), but it makes things difficult for people who are planning larger trips around the show.

But anyways, nothing we can really do except hope that things get better quickly. Hopefully both our families are able to see our shows!
"

100% a first world problem but........there will be tears if our show cancels!!!  Healthy vibes all around!

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2
#534Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 9:15am

Take this rumor with some salt but someone on Reddit heard they're canceling to Thursday. If true, I do Hadestown makes a formal statement within the next day or two. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#535Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 9:52am

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2 said: "Take this rumor with some salt but someone on Reddit heard they're canceling to Thursday. If true, I do Hadestown makes a formal statement within the next day or two."

Wouldn't be at all surprised. Especially if any of Reeve, Andre or Lana will continue to be out until then. Dobson and Afra may not be available next week, either.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2
#536Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 9:57am

ACL2006 said: "Apple Cinnamon Candle 2 said: "Take this rumor with some salt but someone on Reddit heard they're canceling to Thursday. If true, I do Hadestown makes a formal statement within the next day or two."

Wouldn't be at all surprised. Especially if any of Reeve, Andre or Lana will continue to be out until then. Dobson and Afra may not be available next week, either.
"

I'm not sure where Jordan is with his show but Afra starts previews with Funny Girl on March 26th. My guess is this week was her last week to come back even for emergency reasons. I know Amber's return was a one time only since Macbeth starts previews March 29th. The good thing is some of those on vacation should be returning soon, and Grace is only out 7 days (I think? Unless I read her IG post wrong). Hopefully some of these positives are out of quarantine this week. I think they'll be in a better spot this week than last so I hope that rumor is false. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#537Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 12:06pm

As of noon, the 3pm matinee is still on.

jkcohen626 Profile Photo
jkcohen626
#538Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 12:57pm

ACL2006 said: "As of noon, the 3pm matinee is still on."

If they couldn't it together for either performance Yesterday, I really struggle to see them getting together for today. I guess we'll see though. 

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2
#539Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 1:20pm

jkcohen626 said: "ACL2006 said: "As of noon, the 3pm matinee is still on."

If they couldn't it together for either performance Yesterday, I really struggle to see them getting together for today. I guess we'll see though.
"

Do we know if Afra was available for the matinee yesterday? I know Jordan updated he was on for Orpheus all weekend but the last I saw from Afra was she was only doing the Saturday evening show. Just curious if they asked Afra to do the matinee like they did Jordan. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#540Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 1:37pm

Really curious about the cast list for today's show. Appears it'll be going on. Maybe they got Amber to do the show today?

ksdc
#541Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 1:44pm

According to Khaila's twitter, it seems she'll be on, and all of the principals + fates, except for Hades, will be POC. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#542Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 1:59pm

ksdc said: "According to Khaila's twitter, it seems she'll be on, and all of the principals + fates, except for Hades, will be POC."

Her tweets are protected. So everyone is back outside of the three that tested positive this week? Dobson is still on as Orpheus.

Updated On: 3/13/22 at 01:59 PM

TOHadestownFan
#543Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:05pm

So I assume that means Eva’s out now too then? Or has Khaila ever filled in for any other roles?

EvaIsMyQueen
#544Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:06pm

According to Khaila's instagram story, her and Jordan are on for 3pm! That's all that I got from her account, not sure about everyone else!

MattieIce2018
#545Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:08pm

Per Khaila's Instagram story (she shared a post from Kevin Thomas Garcia, the hairdresser at Hadestown) - the cast for the matinee is:

Orpheus - Jordan Dobson

Eurydice - Khaila Wilcoxon

Hermes - Trent Saunders

Persephone - Amber Gray

Hades - Patrick Page

Fates - Tomás Matos, Mariand Torres, Jewelle Blackman

Workers - Sojourner Brown, Afra Hines, Sayo Oni, Timothy Hughes, Adam Hyndman

I know there's been talk about pulling actors from other projects - Khaila is currently in tech for the Six tour, is that 5 shows they've pulled from now?

Updated On: 3/13/22 at 02:08 PM

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2
#546Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:10pm

TOHadestownFan said: "So I assume that means Eva’s out now too then? Or has Khaila ever filled in for any other roles?"

She u/s-ed Fates and Workers. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#547Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:11pm

Geez!

Apple Cinnamon Candle 2
#548Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:12pm

MattieIce2018 said: "Per Khaila's Instagram story (she shared a post from Kevin Thomas Garcia, the hairdresser at Hadestown) - the principals for the matinee:

Orpheus - Jordan

Eurydice - Khaila

Hermes - Trent

Persephone - Amber

Hades - Patrick

Fates - Tomás Matos, Mariand Torres, Jewelle Blackman

I know there's been talk about pulling actors from other projects - Khaila is currently in tech for the Six tour, is that 5 shows they've pulled from now?
"

Workers: Sonourner, Afra, Sayo, Adam, and Tim 

I forgot Adam left the show!! 

Updated On: 3/13/22 at 02:12 PM

EvaIsMyQueen
#549Hadestown Understudies
Posted: 3/13/22 at 2:13pm

Hoping this means Eva needs a breather and not that she's caught what everyone else seems to have come down with!!

Videos