pixeltracker

Why do you want autographs?- Page 3

Why do you want autographs?

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#50Why do you want autographs?
Posted: 7/19/13 at 3:44pm

Perhaps I just admire their career, their work- I may not have seen them live, but I can still see them in performances that have been preserved on film, TV, recordings ect.

Darreyl with an L!

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#51Why do you want autographs?
Posted: 7/19/13 at 5:27pm

"I wonder how many people really (deeply) think about the phenomenon of celebrity worship.
How many people ask themselves, "How is my life made better by this brief, essentially meaningless contact with someone I adore, but whom I don't know and who doesn't know me?""

This isn't all about the culture of celebrity worship. That may be a significant part of it, but it is also about having a chance to interact with people you respect, and express your gratitude for their work as an artist.

I have, on many occasions, seen shows without any famous people in them (regional, local theatres and the like) and felt compelled to speak to the performers afterward, not because they are famous but because I want to express my admiration of their work.

Alternately, if I saw a celebrity in a show whose work I am not very familiar with, or whose work I don't particularly enjoy, I won't be as compelled to speak to them afterwards, even though they are famous.

For me, it's about meeting artists that I respect and admire, and giving them my thanks and conversing with them when possible.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#52Why do you want autographs?
Posted: 7/19/13 at 8:18pm

I admire many tv and film actors. I don't understand why having a signed piece of whatever obtained by someone else is meaningful. Just my personal feeling.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

TheatreDiva90016 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva90016
#53Why do you want autographs?
Posted: 7/19/13 at 8:50pm

"TheatreDiva, kindly remove your foot from your mouth and stop pretending to know me and the way I live my life."

My foot is no where near my mouth.

I never said I knew you. I don't know you are really don't care.

But I can smell bull crap miles away and you reek of it.

"TheatreDiva90016 - another good reason to frequent these boards less."<<>> “I hesitate to give this line of discussion the validation it so desperately craves by perpetuating it, but the light from logic is getting further and further away with your every successive post.” <<>> -whatever2

Videos