On Your Feet! Lottery

asmith0307
#51On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/16/16 at 3:05pm

Also, I believe they had a matinee lottery today!

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#52On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/19/16 at 7:18pm

Blackbird3 said: "Just wanted to report back and say that I won the lotto again last night and had seats in Row H on the left. Excellent view! I arrived at 6:20, and my theory is that the earlier you get in line to pick the tickets up, the better the seats are (the last two times I waited until 10 minutes before showtime rather than 30 minutes and had seats further back in the orchestra)."

Having won it three times (and lost more than that), they always look through a stack of envelopes for my name when I hand them my ID, and pull one when they find it, so I don't think it's random based on when you are in line. Perhaps the system they use for "drawing" the names puts them in order and they just go by that?

FWIW, I've been in the back side of house left (fine view - solo), dead center in Orchestra T (perfect view - with a friend), and most recently Row B9 (amazing - solo).

As to the "no lottery for matinees" (I know, not the post I quoted, but hey), there certainly has been a lottery for Saturday and Sunday matinees when I've tried. And I just looked out of curiosity and there is one for tomorrow. The matinee ones start and close earlier - tomorrow's starts at 8am (not sure when it closes...probably 11 or something).

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

asmith0307
#53On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/19/16 at 11:04pm

Hmmm. I've tried to go for Sat and Sun matinees, but they weren't having them. Interesting.

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#54On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/20/16 at 6:46am

asmith0307 said: "Hmmm. I've tried to go for Sat and Sun matinees, but they weren't having them. Interesting."

I know they had one this past Sunday (the 17th) because I entered and lost. And I've entered on other Sundays as well.

And when I was entering for a Saturday evening, there was one for Saturday matinee also (I had my TKD belt test that day - so I know that was June 4 - so matinee wasn't an option.

And there is definitely one listed for today that opens at 8am. I'm looking at it now (not entering as I have a ticket for it as it is my birthday show).

Experience live theater. Experience paintings. Experience books. Live, look and listen like artists! ~ imaginethis
LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

petewk87
#55On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/22/16 at 10:56am

Has anyone seen Ektor as Emilio? How was his performance?

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#56On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/22/16 at 11:04am

I saw Ektor, but I don't have anyone to compare him to. He seemed fine to me, though maybe a bit wooden in his acting at times. But I'm not sure if he was really wooden or if the character is supposed to be kind of stoic. He handled the emotional and angry scenes well, and he sang it well. 

In case anyone is interested, I won the lottery last week and sat up in the front-ish mezz. Though I moved to the front row of the orchestra at intermission. There were a lot of empty seats throughout the house, especially for a Saturday night. 

I enjoyed the show more than I thought I would, having disliked shows like Beautiful and Jersey Boys. It even made me cry toward the end. 

asmith0307
#57On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/22/16 at 12:00pm

So, basically any time I want to enter a matinee, there isn't a lottery. Haha. Story of my life. 

P.S. I finally won last week. #17thTimesTheCharm

jordangirl Profile Photo
jordangirl
#58On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/22/16 at 1:34pm

petewk87 said: "Has anyone seen Ektor as Emilio? How was his performance?"

I really like Ektor's take on the role. I feel like he is definitely stronger vocally than Josh, and I think he and Ana ultimately work better together chemistry-wise.

LIVE THAT LESSON!!!!!!

hes16
#59On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/26/16 at 2:13pm

So me and my two friends all entered today, and all three of us won. I'm wondering if they are giving more lottery seats because of the low grosses.

mailhandler777
#60On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/31/16 at 1:57am

I won last night. First time I tried it. Was in Row E right side of the orchestra. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

akmiller_98
#61On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 7/31/16 at 8:32am

I won last night too. Far left, row F. Very good seats. Andrea wasn't on though. On Your Feet! Lottery 

it was better than I thought it would be. I think there were a lot of lottery winners. Maybe they are giving out more lottery tickets now. 

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#62On Your Feet! Lottery
Posted: 9/14/16 at 5:10pm

I won last night, got Orchestra Row G, seat 3. Fantastic seat! I even got pulled into the aisle to dance during "Conga" right before intermission. It was slightly mortifying, and even more so when I found out Gloria Estefan was there last night and probably saw it.

Videos