pixeltracker

Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances- Page 3

Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#50Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances
Posted: 8/17/16 at 1:01pm

Like Johnstp, I also was a great admirer of the late Nancy LaMotte's Intertwining of "Good Thing Going" and "Not a Day Goes By." That haunting cello. It was I guess the first recording that made me realize that there was more to Sondheim than "Clowns."

Of course you can't ignore Peters' "Not a Day Goes By," and I see that almost no one has ignored it.

Gothampc
#51Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances
Posted: 8/17/16 at 1:05pm

The entire "Cleo Laine Sings Sondheim" album.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#52Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances
Posted: 8/21/16 at 8:04am

Judy Kaye's Being Alive

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#53Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances
Posted: 8/21/16 at 10:28pm

Barbra Cook is one of my favorite Sondheim "interpreters" (as she's been called). Her whole Mostly Sondheim album is to die for (even the non-Sondheim stuff). Her medley of Not a Day Goes By and Losing My Mind is among my favorite performances of all time.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Chowd95 Profile Photo
Chowd95
#54Sondheim-Favorite Artist Song Performances
Posted: 8/22/16 at 1:50am

I've never been a huge fan of Patti Lupone but when she sang "Being Alive" at the Sondheim Celebration concert in the 90's she absolutely killed it.  Love that the conductor has to watch her for the cue to cut off at the end. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eZ8Lvg3skw

Also, at the same concert Madeline Kahn sang one of the best renditions of "Not Getting Married Today" ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrRDrz53Q1E

Videos