pixeltracker

2017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances- Page 3

2017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#502017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/24/17 at 7:18pm

Okay. Lol. Thanks. Yes, that was probably what I did. Thanks! I kept looking for her. winkI’ll amend my message above. 

Updated On: 11/24/17 at 07:18 PM

ellbellthomps
#512017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/24/17 at 11:34pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "I think Spongebob had the only good choice here and the number was so much fun, but oy vey, the reception. Some person said on Twitter they literally should drown Ethan in Biniki Bottom. God.

Dear Evan Hansen was good, but not memorable.

I think Anastasia should have done Paris HTKTYH, but the direction for OUAD was gorgeous. I loved loved Christy and Nicole's dresses (Christy looked like an angelomg), but was confused why they changed their outfits, especially with Nicole since she's in it for 5 seconds.But honestly, since they found a way to do the dress transformation for Once Upon a December, they should put Christy's pink dress in the show. The big problem is that after Rumors Never End, Christy Altomare never leaves the stage and she already has a different outfit in Learn To Do It.

Once On This Island didn't have that much energy after Hailey's WFL. They should have done a full version of WFL, We Dance, or Mama Will Provide. But, I'm so glad the reception was terrific
"

I know right, I was SHOCKED when I watched the playbill live rehearsal that Anastasia chose OUAD

After Eight
#522017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/25/17 at 12:33am

RaisedOnMusicals wrote: "do you not understand that while you might not relate to You Will Be Found, there is a generation of teens out there who no doubt watched the parade and who found the song uplifting and inspirational?"

I have a feeling that a goodly number of teenagers throughout the land have not seen the show, and have not adopted the song as the anthem of their generation. And I also find it a stretch to think that said teenagers turned on the Thanksgiving Day Parade first thing in the morning to be uplifted and inspired by either show or song between spoonfuls of breakfast cornflakes. But for argument's sake, let's say what you assert is indeed the case, and that "this was for them." To that, I reiterate the question I asked earlier: "And the rest of us who wished to enjoy the event?"

And whether I relate to the song or not is wholly irrelevant to the question at hand. I relate to and am moved by a song like "Far From the Home I Love." That wouldn't make that song any more appropriate for either the venue or the occasion.

We're not talking about rocket science here, just common sense.

curel1
#532017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/25/17 at 8:47am

ellbellthomps said: "
I know right, I was SHOCKED when I watched the playbill live rehearsal that Anastasia chose OUAD"

Why? OUAD is way more recognizable

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#542017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/25/17 at 8:57am

After Eight said: "RaisedOnMusicals wrote: "do you not understand that while you might not relate to You Will Be Found, there is a generation of teens out there who no doubt watched the parade and who found the song uplifting and inspirational?"

I have a feelingthat a goodlynumber of teenagers throughouttheland have not seen the show, and have not adopted the song as the anthem of their generation. And I also findit a stretch to thinkthat said teenagers turned onthe Thanksgiving Day Parade first thing in the morning to be uplifted and inspired by either show or song between spoonfuls of breakfast cornflakes. But for argument's sake, let's say what you assert is indeed the case, and that "thiswas for them." To that,I reiterate the question I asked earlier: "And the rest ofus who wished to enjoy the event?"

And whether I relate to the song or not is wholly irrelevant to the question at hand. I relate to and am moved by a song like"Far From the Home I Love." That wouldn't make thatsong any more appropriate for either the venue or the occasion.

We're not talking about rocket science here, just common sense.
"

Next year, the producers will send you a proposed content list in advance so that you can veto any particular performance you think you might not like.  Because, after all, the Thanksgiving Day Parade is geared primarily to those in your demographic, but more importantly, to you in particular  

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#552017 Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade Performances
Posted: 11/25/17 at 9:44am

Next year, the producers will send you a proposed content list in advance so that you can veto any particular performance you think you might not like. Because, after all, the Thanksgiving Day Parade is geared primarily to those in your demographic, but more importantly, to you in particular”

yesheartyesheart

Videos