Music Man Fiasco on ABC

shesings
#50re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/5/04 at 11:26pm

I love CHeno's voice and she has an amazing legit, but I thought she was too belty on some numbers like My White Knight instead of using her gorgeous soprano. Also the songs were totally lower than usual which confuses me b/c she can soo totally sing in the original key. I mean I saw Wicked the week before the Tony's and she went up an extra octive at the end of Good News. It was amazing. Cheno -what happened in Music Man?!?

And I disagree - Matthew Broderick can totally sing!

starlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
#51re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/5/04 at 11:33pm

M.Brod can definitely sing (he's not the greatest, but he can hold his own...), but i think this was just a waste of both of his and Cheno's talents. I was watching last night MORTIFIED. and i like to think i'll give anything a chance. i mean...i even forced myself to sit through Fame on 42nd street two months ago...and THAT was torture. but this...idk. i was very disappointed.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#52re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/6/04 at 1:47am

I am in the LOW minority here when I say that I actually liked this version and kind of disliked the original. BLASPHEMY I KNOW. But, this is coming from the guy who hates Gone With The Wind and other stuff like that.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

TheaterChef Profile Photo
TheaterChef
#53re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/6/04 at 5:42am

Jon, in 40 words or less you managed to speak my mind.

"More than in any other performing arts the lack of respect for acting seems to spring from the fact that every layman considers himself a valid critic." --Uta Hagen

Videos