Music Man Fiasco on ABC

starlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
#0Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:24pm

am i the only one that is tuning into this completely MORTIFIED?!?!?! i mean, matthew broderick, cheno...WHY?!

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#1re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:26pm

I watched for a while. COLD CASE is on now. Much more entertaining in my opinion.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#2re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:28pm

QVC is more entertaining than that crap.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#3re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:29pm

I didn't truly care for that movie "revival" either
Pity

starlyricist
#4re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:30pm

mmm. anything good on QVC? i'm looking to wrack up my credit card bill more...spending is therapeutic...especially after this crap.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

ShbrtAlley44
#5re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:31pm

I depend on Ebay for that re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#6re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:41pm

Methinks they should have played the 1960 Robert Preston/Shirley Jones movie instead.

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#7re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:42pm

Methinks they should have shown Evita

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

starlyricist
#8re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:43pm

true. i coulda went for some Antonio Banderas right about now...

CastAlbumFan Profile Photo
CastAlbumFan
#9re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:43pm

I can dig that!

Praying Decca Broadway will put "Don't Bother Me, I Can't Cope" on CD!

ShbrtAlley44
#10re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:44pm

oh YES.

BWayBoy88
#11re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:46pm

I dont like the Music Man to start with. I dont understand why it was so successful. Harold Hill doesnt sing he just talks in rhythm. The songs that are actually sung are boring.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#12re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:49pm

FYI--while you may not like MM, you should at least be aware that is it considered collectively to be a great musical. It IS an example of great writing even if it isn't your cup of tea. :)

The film tonight--not so good. re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#13re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:51pm

Methinks I don't care for THE MUSIC MAN much myself.

*standing back as to not get JRB's venom spit in my eyes

J. Profile Photo
J.
#14re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:52pm

Why is EVITA never broadcast on any channel except Encore? I think it is a very underrated movie.

jrb_actor Profile Photo
jrb_actor
#15re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:54pm

lol--me and Matt G had a big debate about this

I just think it is very important to know the difference between

like and dislike

and

good and bad

:)

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#16re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 8:55pm

Evita was a very critically aclaimed movie. It was a beautiful, lush exquisitely filmed version of the stage play. And it just proves that Esther can do no wrong. The fact she was not nominated for an Oscar and that the film didn't pick up a Best Picture nomination, despite it's 8 other nominations (I could be wrong there) just proves that the academy has no idea what they're doing.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#17re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 9:03pm

I love how you so effortlessly referred to her as Esther...

GovernorSlaton Profile Photo
GovernorSlaton
#18re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 9:48pm

I have the remake and the original on DVD, and I'm hoping that at our next garage sale I can get rid of the new one. I only watched it once before IMMEDIATELY tossing it aside and watching the original over and over. Matthew Broderick as Hill...*shudders*

StickToPriest Profile Photo
StickToPriest
#19re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 9:53pm

It is extremely difficult for me to say anything bad about Matthew, but his Harold Hill is so boring and odd. It's like a subdued middle-aged Ferris Bueller has come to River City. But don't worry Matthew, I forgive you.

"One no longer loves one's insight enough once one communicates it."

The opposite of creation isn't war, it's stagnation.

Jon
#20re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 9:58pm

What a horrifying piece of crap!

Cheno looks about 36, not 26, and could be Mrs' Paroo's sister and Winthrop's mom.

Tommy Djilas looks older than the "school board" quartet members, and they all come across gay.

My Fair Lady Profile Photo
My Fair Lady
#21re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 10:07pm

Cheno's hair is horrible. And Mathew Broderick comes across as...blah.

POLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
#22re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 10:08pm

I found the Music Man dvd (the new version) a little bit long...
I enjoyed much more the show in broadway

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

shesings
#23re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 10:41pm

her hair is positively awful! but come on, Matthew Broderick is adorable in anything!

DJ Tifa
#24re: Music Man Fiasco on ABC
Posted: 7/4/04 at 11:39pm

Was I the only one who actually enjoyed it?

^_^;

Videos