pixeltracker

Legally Blonde: The Musical- Page 3

Legally Blonde: The Musical

etoile
#50re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 5:45pm

"If my elusive buddy would answer my messages he could probably get me an audition..."

Still yet, one ponders why someone is elusive.

Your buddy has got to be feeling a little like Marc Shailman. You know, people attempting to suck up left and right for their own benefit.

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

shesings
#51re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 5:59pm

Reese is significantly younger than Cheno. And while I too thought that Cheno was a perfect choice (if a tad bit younger) you have to admit that there are a ton of girls out there who would probably be just as good. Why does Elle have to be portrayed by a big name? Look at Hairspray's sucess - they took a popular film and cast someone that was clearly not the original actress and it went on to be a huge sucess! I hope they give it to a newbie ... I hope I hope I hope it's me!

Marc Shaiman Profile Photo
Marc Shaiman
#52re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 7:19pm

Etoile, you sweet thing,

I have received a ****load of PM's since I started posting on BWW, and I have NEVER ONCE felt I was being 'sucked up to for someone's benefit' as you say...except for two or so nasty PM's about how ungrateful I am (because I bully bullys or tattle-tales to get them to stop posting rumors or pure nasty things about people), I have only read the most sincere and lovely PM's and posts.

I am aware that my posting on here makes me a bit of a magnet for up-and-comers, but that is a responsibilty I accepted when I decided to post as myself, and I have really enjoyed giving advice or reading the sweet and funny posts and messages. Believe me, NO ONE (especially me!) is beyond needing some nice, pure complimenting now and then, and though it wasn't why I started posting on message boards, it has given me real encouragement on quite a few dark days

I'll shut up now! Updated On: 7/7/04 at 07:19 PM

M J R Profile Photo
M J R
#53re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 7:30pm

While I think it would be great to see a "newcomer" play the lead in this, it made me look at the status quo in casting - so many roles filled with celebs, that don't have to be - but they do it because they draw in the tourists. (Of course they're all talented people, so save those comments...)

42nd street - Patrick Cassidy & Shirley Jones
Aida - Deborah Cox
After the Fall - Peter Krause
Assassins - Mario, Neil
Beauty & the Beast - Christy Carlson Romano
Boy From Oz - Hugh
Caroline or Change - Tonya
Chicago - too many to mention.....
Fiddler - Fred Molina
Frogs - Nathan
Frozen - Swoosie
Hairspray - Michael McKean
Little Shop - Fatone
Millie* - Delta Burke, Dixie Carter
Raisin in the Sun - P Diddy, Felicia Rashaad
RENT - Scary Spice, Nick Lachey...
Sight Unseen - Laura, Ben
Sly Fox - All of them...
Tony & Tina - that freak from the Donald Trump show...
Wicked - Joey McIntyre, Harrison...

I think it's hard to imagine the producers selecting an unknown to try to lead this production....but hey, Sutton did it, right?

"High time we made a stand and shook up the views of the common man" - Tears for Fears
Updated On: 7/6/04 at 07:30 PM

iflitifloat Profile Photo
iflitifloat
#54re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 7:54pm

One person's sucking up is a snack for another person's ego. It's all about the eye of the beholder, I guess.

Sueleen Gay: "Here you go, Bitch, now go make some fukcing lemonade." 10/28/10

shesings
#55re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 8:15pm

MJR .. that was truly scary ... i guess i didn't realize quite how many washed up "celebs" were taking away our jobs. I feel a little disgusted now.

bstndiva Profile Photo
bstndiva
#56re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/7/04 at 10:20am

Etoile what would you know about it? Since you said you were a friend of Amy Archer I'm sure he wouldn't give someone like you the time of day.

Iflitifloat is right. Some people see something as sucking up while others see it as a friendly gesture. It's all in the motivation. Thank you for clarifying that point.

cvapb Profile Photo
cvapb
#57re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/7/04 at 12:56pm

MJR: it wasnt nick lachey in Rent, it was his brother, Drew. Updated On: 7/7/04 at 12:56 PM

etoile
#58 Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/7/04 at 12:59pm

Regarding Iflitifloat's comment: Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it, sweetie?

Rest in peace, Iflitifloat.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#59re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/7/04 at 1:03pm

Does Tonya Pinkins count as a celeb that draws in tourists? Somehow, I don't think so. Neil Patrick, Mario, Swoosie and Molina are not really box office draws either. Some of them have a small celeb status for some film roles, but are not really box office stars or anything. When was the last time people flocked to see something because Felicia Rashaad was in it? Maybe Into the Woods in 1989 because The Cosby Show was still fresh in our minds, but that is all. I doubt if "that freak from the Donald Trump show" is actually boosting ticket sales for Tony and Tina. He may be considered stunt casting by the producers, but how many people do you think are just salivating to see him?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

1'm Better Than This
#60re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/8/04 at 12:27am

There are so many people on here saying that Cheno would be perfect for the role. True, she could pull it off, but I don't think she wants to be cast as every dumb blonde on broadway. Also, i love the legally blonde movies, but i really don't think it would make a good musical. I think that whoever does take on the role of Elle would be committing career suicide(so i really hope cheno doesn't even TRY to get the role)

bwaymargie Profile Photo
bwaymargie
#61re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/8/04 at 11:43am

I think the idea of a Legally Blonde Musical is hilarious! I think the kitschy-ness could be played up to great effect! I think this is a perfect vehicle for Kristin...but it could easily be so for another younger actress. What about someone like Juliana or Jessica Grove? I think this is something that screams SHAIMAN/WITTMAN!

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#62re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/8/04 at 11:50am

Brittany Murphy.

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Videos