Legally Blonde: The Musical

WickedDude
#0Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 9:51pm

Has anyone heard of the idea of turning Legally Blonde as a Musical. Who would even be bold egough to play the role of Elle Woods? Updated On: 7/5/04 at 09:51 PM

POLisPOL Profile Photo
POLisPOL
#1re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 9:53pm

Broadway is getting crazy....

Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!

ponine24601
#2re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 9:53pm

haha. when i first heard about this Cheno was the first thing that came to mind. cheno or laura bell bundy.

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#3re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 9:54pm

They have to put Cheno in that role. She is beyond perfect for that role. The script supposedly passed her hands, so ya never know. One can only hope.

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#4re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 9:54pm

Tina Maddigan all the way!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

ponine24601
#5re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 9:57pm

i love tina too!! yay! sorry. i'm a lameo

"People asking questions, lost in confusion. Well I tell them there's no problems, only solutions." ~The one and only John Lennon

WickedDude
#6re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 10:10pm

I think Jessica Snow-Wilson will play Elle.

starlight2
#7re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 10:10pm

They did cast Kristen and she turned it down! too many irons in the fire including her new movie with Nicole Kidman, Bewitched. So, they have moved on to others...who knows, any of you might be called to auditioon..be prepared!

shesings
#8re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 10:14pm

starlight - how do you know that?

I LOVE Cheno - but shes a bit too old. I know she plays young, but shes staring to look older (despite the outfits!). I think Elle should be in her 20s for sure!

WickedDude
#9re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 10:17pm

She's supposed to be a dumb blonde who gets accepted into Harvard! How about Jessica Snow-Wilson as Elle. Did any of you see her as Audrey?

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#10re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 10:20pm

Tina's gorgeous and has the voice of an angel.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

WiCkEd4LyFfE
#11re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 10:20pm

no but i am rooting for cheno though. Don't get mad, but i feel like that role somewhat belongs to her. It just somewhat fits.

*Kristen*

starlight2
#12re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 10:21pm

A friend who knows her from college went to see her in "Wicked" last week and she told her she had turned it down. But we all know in this business, it is never over til the Fat Lady sings!

JohnPopa Profile Photo
JohnPopa
#13re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 10:25pm

What script passed through Cheno's hands? The show hasn't even been written yet.

And, no, she wasn't offered the movie before Reese Witherspoon.

shesings
#14re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/5/04 at 10:44pm

cheno is perfect for it. And DON'T be mad but I just don't see LBB in the role. Her real life outfit choices just aren't always up to Elle's standards. She does have the right hair color though!
Maybe that's what I'm missing!

Victoria Grant Profile Photo
Victoria Grant
#15re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 1:07am

Cheno is a great idea! I also think Amy Spanger would be a good choice but that's just my thoughts.

J. Profile Photo
J.
#16re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 1:19am

I think Carolee Shelle should play Elle.

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#17re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 1:21am

I've already told you guys that Idina is playing Elle and Cheno is playing Bruiser!

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

J. Profile Photo
J.
#18re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 1:22am

Who is Cheno?

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#19re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 1:23am

My mom.

spiderdj82 Profile Photo
spiderdj82
#20re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 1:33am

Cheno = Kristen Chenowith

And am I the only one who thinks that this is one of the dumbest ideas in broadway history? I mean, the movie was great and all....but as a musical? DON'T THINK SO.

"They're eating her and then they're going to eat me. OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!!" -Troll 2

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#21re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 1:35am

I'm actually looking forward to it...I think it could be really funny.

J. Profile Photo
J.
#22re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 2:30am

I thought the movie was fuuny and the musical could be good depending on who does it.

SammyGal
#23re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 2:33am

It could be funny if done right...It might be a little overrated though.

On a clear day I can see myself for miles ~Taboo

M J R Profile Photo
M J R
#24re: Legally Blonde: The Musical
Posted: 7/6/04 at 2:42am

Never count something out until it actually PLAYS - certainly won't be the first movie turned musical...And God knows the tourists (and wanna-be sorority girls) will eat it up.

"High time we made a stand and shook up the views of the common man" - Tears for Fears

Videos