News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?- Page 3

Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#50re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 5:43pm

Of the 5 shows I just saw in New York in April, I only paid full price for 2, Wicked and Assassins (Got Assassins tix before they went on sale to the general public though). But I only ended up spending about $450.00 for about $700.00 worth of seats. I figure, if I can get a few seats at a discounted price, I will pay the 100 bucks for the rest of my seats. For me it beats paying $100.00 to see a concert in an arena anyday!

Just give the world Love.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#51re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/14/04 at 6:53pm

I paid full price for the 1st time ever to see the final performance of AIDA recently because I ordered the ticket online at the last minute and couldn't recall a discount code on the spot. It was well worth the price of admission. Before that, I'd never paid full price to see a show on BWay or at a regional theatre.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.

buddha2 Profile Photo
buddha2
#52re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/15/04 at 6:35pm

$100. no not for me. If I can't find a discount or see it for cheap in previews I will wait till there are discounts (like around closing) But I guess living in Manhattan and being on just about every mailing aand e-mail list for shows its not so hard

DickonDefysGravity Profile Photo
DickonDefysGravity
#53re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/15/04 at 10:00pm

WICKED and MILLIE and LION KING.... hands down....AMAZING!!!

And you think of all of the things you've seen, and you wish that you could live in between ,and you're back again only different than before... After the Sky. -Into the Woods (Jack)

Mythus
#54re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/15/04 at 10:20pm

I won't say if I think any of the shows on Broadway currently are worth $100 and more, because it's an opinion and opinions lead to arguments. I will say, however, that I would pay $100 and more to see some of the shows (Producers, Avenue Q, The Frogs, et cetera). But are they worth it? Well, I guess they are, to me.

BroadwayBaby21
#55re: Is any show worth $100.00+ per ticket?
Posted: 9/15/04 at 10:29pm

my family paid full price for Les Miserables. We went a month before closing, and had orchestra seats, so of course it was going to be $100. But Les Miserables is my and my father's favorite show, so the money was definitely worth it.

-If you don't like your fate, change it. You are your own master.- Aida

Videos