News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Wicked- Just something I noticed- Page 3

Wicked- Just something I noticed

BSoBW2
#50re: Wicked- Just something I noticed
Posted: 12/30/04 at 10:47am

i am pretty sure you only graduate with one

broadwayalto01 Profile Photo
broadwayalto01
#51re: Wicked- Just something I noticed
Posted: 12/30/04 at 11:05am

Who me? No way ! I went for something worse....

Music Education
and
Theatre Arts

Life is like a patio door, you never know which side is open... and then you run into the glass.... ~Connie and Carla

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#52re: Wicked- Just something I noticed
Posted: 12/30/04 at 11:18am

Actually, the hands are covered with the suit. The only thing she paints is her face.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#53re: Wicked- Just something I noticed
Posted: 12/30/04 at 3:27pm

Actually, she does paint her hands. Her suit comes between her fingers I think, but she does paint her hands (and neck).

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

Merrydothe Profile Photo
Merrydothe
#54re: Wicked- Just something I noticed
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:36pm

Well as you might be able to tell from my user picture, I did the whole Green Makeup thing for Halloween this year. I used all of the identical Mac makeup that is used on Idina in the show. The whole process starts out with the Landscape Green Chroma Cake, put on by wet taklon brushes. Then before its dry, it is dry brushed with a few different sized white goat hair brush-this blends it all together, melds it into the hairline, and makes the skin look genuinely green. Then I went in with Mac's Golden Olive pigment and put it on my cheekbones, and a dot on my chin, as well as on my eye lids-then I went in and contoured in the eye crease with a Mac Purple Haze eye shadow. I used a green eyeliner and topped it off with black mascara. Then I used the purple eye shadow on my cheekbones and on the sides on my nose as well to contour. Used the same green eyeliner for my lips. To top it off I used a translucent loose face powder to set everything-this also tones down the harsh green color.

In Wicked, Idina does not have to blend the makeup into her hair since she wears a wig that has a green scalp and silk overlay, which covers the very top of her forehead, and can't been seen from 3 feet or more away. She also has many different waterproofers and sprays that fix the makeup to her skin, so that she doesn't completely sweat it all off--those are all made by Ben Nye.

Hope this was interesting and helpful to someone!

ElphieDefiesGravity Profile Photo
ElphieDefiesGravity
#55re: Wicked- Just something I noticed
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:46pm

That was very interesting! Thanks! How long did it take you to do all that?

"Blow out the candles, Robert, and make a wish. Want something. Want something."

Wishes come true, not free.

Merrydothe Profile Photo
Merrydothe
#56re: Wicked- Just something I noticed
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:48pm

About 40 minutes I'd guess. :) Its the same process they use for the show. I researched a bunch of different articles, including that awesome NYTimes story on her makeup.

#57re: Wicked- Just something I noticed
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:49pm

"In Wicked, Idina does not have to blend the makeup into her hair since she wears a wig that has a green scalp and silk overlay, which covers the very top of her forehead, and can't been seen from 3 feet or more away. "

Not true. I had 9th row 2 weeks ago and easily spotted her wigline. Megan was on as Glinda and since she is reguarly blonde, it was hard to see her wigline.

Merrydothe Profile Photo
Merrydothe
#58re: Wicked- Just something I noticed
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:53pm

SORRY. Guess I was WRONG. My God.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#59re: Wicked- Just something I noticed
Posted: 12/30/04 at 4:55pm

I'm an English major asshole

my grammer is just fine thnks

and no more comments about my spelling please

Umm..I was just kidding, dude. Calm down. In case you haven't noticed, I was on your side. And I'm hoping that post you wrote was meant to be ironic.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

BroadwayBaby816
#60re: Wicked- Just something I noticed
Posted: 12/30/04 at 5:13pm

why is everyone here so quick to jumo down everyones thorats...its such a turn off..

anyway. I was 3rd row last week and you can see the body suit clear as day.....i dunno about the hands situation and im afriad to say anything with the fear of being scolded.

Videos