pixeltracker

"Toot sweets toot sweets" aka my Chitty review...- Page 3

"Toot sweets toot sweets" aka my Chitty review...

Chrysanthemum62001
#50re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:15pm

I didn't ask. It was a mad house last night.

I know they have 20 dollar seats in the rear balcony for Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday performances.

Alright, I have officially entered shilldom. Sad thing is, I'm not getting paid for this.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

ShuQ Profile Photo
ShuQ
#51re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:17pm

According to "Talkin'Broadway" there isn't anything now...but since it's so new, I don't think TB would have it listed yet. Then again, I doubt they have a policy yet.

Thanks for the awesome review! Glad you had fun!

broadwaynut20
#52re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:19pm

Did you get to meet any of the performers? And should this show get a cast recording? Not that I plan on making a petition I am just curious

Chrysanthemum62001
#53re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 8:40pm

As far as a cast recording, that's another tough question to answer. I would say, sure they need an OBC! I'd buy it. I would by every cd Raul Esparza ever sang on. And I have. (TWICE) But, the London cast recording is FANTASTIC, and it's a possibilty that they won't want to spend the money on another recording. Plus, the show isn't different. I'm not very familiar with shows that transferred from from West End to Broadway, and the only ones I can think of weren't very successful and ended up not recording an OBC. It really is hard to say, though. Because, they have to know that Raul Esparza would be a draw for many.

Yes. I did meet most of the performers. *bitter woman right here*

Yes, I did. I met Kevin Cahoon, whom I had never met before, and he is terrific. I am SOOOOOOO glad they went with him instead of Boy George or Meatloaf. He is just perfect. I knew he would be when I read he was cast. I had to go up to Chip Zien. He was talking to some friends and I just waited till he was done, and went up to him. It was so funny, I so didn't see that conversation going like that in my head. But, it was Chip Zien. And he's just so wonderful. And funny! He made me laugh, and I love it when people make me laugh. *sigh* He's another one of the sweetest guys I have ever met. I still can't believe it. I talked to Chip Zien and he said I was darling! I met Robert Sella afterwards too. Now he's a handsome fella. I tried to get Jeff Seibert, but I didn't recognize him immediately. I guess I just need to go back with another Cabaret fan so we can jump him (so to speak) when he comes out the stage door. The last person I met was Marc Kudisch, whom I have actually met on several occasions. I can't wait to go when the weather clears up and see his motorcycle!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL
Updated On: 3/28/05 at 08:40 PM

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#54re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 9:23pm

Aww. Thanks for that Chrys. Where is the stage door? I've never been to that theatre, and I wanna know for Wednesday.

Chrysanthemum62001
#55re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 9:54pm

Really? You are in for a treat. It is a beautiful theatre. The stage door is on 43rd, and you can go out the glass doors and that will put you on 43rd.

JKM2159
#56re: 'Toot sweets toot sweets' aka my Chitty review...
Posted: 3/28/05 at 10:19pm

I'll be there Wednesday also!

#57re: Chitty Rush Tickets
Posted: 3/29/05 at 9:23am

Are there any rush tickets/lottery going on yet...or any plans for them in the future?

I had been wondering the same thing; I was planning on seeing Chitty this weekend (if nothing else just because I love Raul) and was having trouble figuring out anything about them as they're not listed at http://www.talkinbroadway.com/boards/

If I don't find any rush info by then, what I will probably do is TKTS it. The Ford Center... sorry... Hilton Theatre is a huge theatre; I'd be very surprised to find it not on TKTS during previews.

kec Profile Photo
kec
#58re: Chitty Rush Tickets
Posted: 3/29/05 at 9:59am

Chrysanthemum, they may have to do an OBC, since the OLC has the spies singing a different song -- "Think Vulgar" as opposed to "Act English."

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#59re: Chitty Rush Tickets
Posted: 3/29/05 at 10:06am

I don't think most London transfers recently have gotten Broadway Recordings. Taboo had a lot of differences in music, but had it not been for Rosie, there wouldn't have been any intention of re-recording... partially because it flopped, and partially because a recording of the show did already exist. Mamma Mia! and Bombay Dreams didn't record either. Bombay wasn't really a success, but Mamma Mia! certainly is.

As much as I'd like it to happen, a minor difference like that may not be enough to make a new recording happen.

*wishes*

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#60re: Chitty Rush Tickets
Posted: 3/29/05 at 11:31am

**wishes right along with Emcee**

Chrysanthemum62001
#61re: Chitty Rush Tickets
Posted: 3/29/05 at 11:59am

Believe me, I'm not saying it can't happen. I just don't want to get my hopes up. I think it's just too early to say for certain. Personally, I think they need one! The cast is brilliant, and it would be a shame to not have that to listen to forever and ever. *thinks of the Truly Scrumptious reprise*

*sigh* Raul makes the best rag doll ever!

*whistles*

bdwaygirl Profile Photo
bdwaygirl
#62re: Chitty Rush Tickets
Posted: 3/29/05 at 12:04pm

Chrys, I watched the movie recently and kept picturing Raul in place of Dick Van Dyke. Your posts are making me smile!

Britt, Wednesday tomorrow Wednesday????? *jealous*

I hung out with Cheyenne Jackson in his dressing room waayyyyyy before he tickled D2.

"unleash the girly"

Our fingerprints don't fade from the lives we touch.

Puppies are babies in fur coats.

Tinfoil...The Terrorizing Terminator

Chrysanthemum62001
#63re: Chitty Rush Tickets
Posted: 3/29/05 at 3:26pm

Aaaaaaaah!!!! I can't beleive I forgot all about this...

************SPOILER*************

There is a sword fight scene!!! Yes, ladies and gentlemen, Raul Esparza fences! Him drawing that sword, gah! Excuse me, I'm going to go think on this now...

MagicToDo82 Profile Photo
MagicToDo82
#64re: Chitty Rush Tickets
Posted: 3/29/05 at 3:32pm

Mumsie, you're killin' me!

There's always room for pathos - and jazz hands.

Chrysanthemum62001
#65re: Chitty Rush Tickets
Posted: 3/29/05 at 3:39pm

*fans self*

I told you it was wonderful!!! re: Chitty Rush Tickets

*goes back to picturing Raul with a sword*

luvtheEmcee
#66re: Chitty Rush Tickets
Posted: 3/29/05 at 3:58pm

I contain myself. I might go tonight.

kec Profile Photo
kec
#67Spoiler Question
Posted: 3/29/05 at 4:58pm

A swordfight?! Is this towards the end when they're battling the Vulgarians?

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#68Spoiler Question
Posted: 3/29/05 at 8:26pm

Yes, bdwaygirl. Tomorrow Wednesday! *eeeeee!!!!* I'll let you know all about it tomorrow!

Chrysanthemum62001
#69Spoiler Question
Posted: 3/29/05 at 11:25pm

*Squeels with glee*

A sword fight indeed! And yes, it is towards the end when they fight the Vulgarians.

Have a good time Britt! I know you are going to love it!!! Spoiler Question I'm probably going to hit you up with a ton of questions afterwards, because I'm curious about some of the stuff they might change.

Updated On: 3/29/05 at 11:25 PM

Britt0913 Profile Photo
Britt0913
#70Spoiler Question
Posted: 3/29/05 at 11:39pm

Bring em on, Chrys! You know I love to dish!!

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#71Spoiler Question
Posted: 3/29/05 at 11:49pm

Anyone else think the image of Raul smoking is totally hot?

Chitty Chitty Bang Bang was one of my favorite movies when I was little, so I was so excited to hear that the musical was coming to Broadway. As long all my favorite songs from the movie were in it, then I could have cared less about the details of the show, but I'm glad that you thought it was good.

I'm currently planning a Broadway-binge sometime this summer if I can get into the city, and this show is definitely on my list.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how

luvtheEmcee
#72Spoiler Question
Posted: 3/29/05 at 11:55pm

Anyone else think the image of Raul smoking is totally hot?

You know, I'd have to see it. I saw a picture of Adam smoking, and as much as I HATE that they do it because it's so bad for them, I couldn't help but think (for which I hate myself, by the way) that he looks daaaaaamned good with that cigarette in his mouth.

So, end bad, terrible thought.

Chrysanthemum62001
#73Spoiler Question
Posted: 3/30/05 at 1:38am

NO, I MOST CERTAINLY DO NOT!

Okay, well, maybe a little! A teensy weentsy little bit. And I hate that! Because I HATE smoking!!! But most of all, it is BAD FOR YOU! CANCER! And I would never wish that upon someone I hated, much less someone I was so emotionally attached to.

So yes, I can say I want him to stop to protect his voice, but the fact is, there is a way more serious side to it. I just hate thinking about it.

And sure, I've entertained the thought a bit, but I really don't ever ever ever want to see him smoking a cigarette.

luvtheEmcee
#74Spoiler Question
Posted: 3/30/05 at 1:39am

See?! You think it a little, but you hate that you think it!

Videos