News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

RENT Lyric Question

#50re: RENT Lyric Question
Posted: 7/20/05 at 1:07am

thanks!!!!

atiram Profile Photo
atiram
#51Silly questions!
Posted: 7/20/05 at 6:26am

I have also some questions, which perhaps may seem a little bit silly for you, but i never saw the show and i'm from Germany.
So here they are:
1. What does "stash" mean, because Mimi sings: "I think that i drop my stash". And the meaning of this word which I found in the dictionary doesn't fit in the rest of the sentence.
2. Does Angel die after he had sex with Collins?
3. When everybody says: "It's over" Do they all break up with their partners?
4. Why does Roger always says Muffy instead of Allison or does he always forget her name?
Thanks for replying me.

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#52Silly questions!
Posted: 7/20/05 at 7:19am

atiram, most of your problems stem from American slang:

1.) "Stash" in this case is refering to Mimi's drugs
2.) "Contact" a little bit more complicated. During the blocking of "Without You", we see Collins carrying Angel onto a hospital bed. I don't believe (and this is an opinion) that Angel and Collins actually have sex during "Contact" but rather than Angel is hallicinating while in pain before he finally passes away.
3.) When they say "it's over", Maureen & Joanne and Roger & Mimi have falling outs, but when Collins says it, it means that Angel has died
4.) "Muffy" is a nickname that is stereotypically used to refer to wealthy little girls which in turn stems from the nickname "Muffin". Roger calls her that because he is making fun of Benny's rising in society through his engagement with someone from a wealthier social class.

Hope that helps Silly questions!
Updated On: 7/20/05 at 07:19 AM

atiram Profile Photo
atiram
#53Silly questions!
Posted: 7/20/05 at 9:49am

yeah, thank you!!! Silly questions!

xM3L24x Profile Photo
xM3L24x
#54Silly questions!
Posted: 7/20/05 at 9:58pm

"If I pay $100, I want a door."

You get your door in the second act. Actually, it's a folding table stood up on end, but it does a nice job portraying a door. That table deserved a Tony nomination for playing so many roles in RENT.

<-- that was funny, sorry just wanted to say that :). I know everytime I see that table used as a door I have to shake my head :-/ haha RENT isn't the most glamerous show on broadway is it? but we love it anywayss<3.

Dreamcatcher Profile Photo
Dreamcatcher
#55Silly questions!
Posted: 7/20/05 at 11:46pm

Yes indeed but I like how they have a few generic props like a table, some chairs etc and those things mock all the other necessities like doors etc. I also love the cardboard cutout door on an eisle like stand with a chain and padlock chrisschrossed across the front and big arrows labeling them PADLOCK and DOOR with black permanent marker to represent Benny locking them out of their loft. :-P I always thought that was hilarious. (Especially that pic of Anthony as Mark holding his camera and making a funny exasperated smirk while gesturing toward the "door".)

I wanted to get something that an "ex"-junkie like him would really appreciate and cherish....it's a brick of heroin shaped like a heart. -Scrubs

Videos