pixeltracker

Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...- Page 3

Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...

Sant
#50re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 8/25/05 at 4:13pm

WHITEGUY, wait I'll join you! re: Victoria Clark  Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
I found the score uninspired and boring too. Sorry guys, but it just isn't my cup of tea.

Even though THE LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA isn't one of my absolute favorite shows, Victoria Clark was absolutely fantastic in it!! From the word go you can see why she won the Tony for it! And her singing... having seen and heard her belt in "Urinetown" and sing through "Titanic" I think she's one of the best and versatile singers on Broadway right now. Her voice is simply AMAZING.

Updated On: 8/25/05 at 04:13 PM

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#51re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 11/12/05 at 3:29pm

lol this was a funny time. I felt like reliving it for a second.

cserannie
#52re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 11/12/05 at 3:51pm

Although I don't like every Piazza number, that review was pretty untrue.

And that Justin Timberlake quote. OMG, lmao.

Norbert Leo Butz quotes about John Lithgow: "He's really clumsy. One of the joys in life is to watch a great big huge man totally wipe out backstage. It takes John about three minutes to hit the floor. It's like watching a Great Sequoia falling gracelessly."

RentBoy86
#53re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 11/12/05 at 4:54pm

I haven't read the review, but I agree her voice does sound kinda strange. sounds like she's got some nasal or something problems, but I noticed it sounds like that in her speaking voice too. She still is really good, just sayin'.

gavrochegirl
#54re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 11/12/05 at 5:08pm

That whole review of Piazza made me want to jump over to the east coast and stab the guy.

I especially wanted to do this when he was calling Matthew Morrison "that Justin Timberlake look alike".

What the puck?!

Jazzysuite82
#55re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 11/12/05 at 5:31pm

I generaly don't care about what reveiws say as long as they don't insult people and the opinons they have are based in some sort of knowledge. The problem with the musicals.net reviews I've read in the one post, is that no one seems to know the field they're talking about. People are guilty of that here too. When talking about a person's acting and vocal ability or a show's score, people better be damn sure they know what they're talking about. Now opinions like this show was boring, Vikki Clark sounds like a duck etc., are valid even if they are harsh and a bit childish. They're valid because they're subjective. What's foolish is to say that she can't sing or act, or has nasal problems. Unless you're an expert in the field of acting, or a vocal pedagogue, you can't say that and have anything to back it up. What one CAN say is, I didn't like her voice or her acting didnt' really reach me. You have to know what acting is to know if it's good or bad. WHICH IS DIFFERENT FROM LIKE AND DISLIKE.

The same is true of the score. IF someone says Adam Guettel has no talent and the score meanders, then I immediately know the person has no idea what they're talking about. Any musician can look at the Piazza score and see that Guettel has a huge talent. I can also say that if you look at the score (which I know MOST of you haven't) you can see that it def. does NOT meander. You can look and see where Adam is going and you can see how he gets there. There are definate logical chord progressions that Adam uses. I could sit here and break down the score, but in my opinion that would be very boring ;o). The point is that that meandering "opinion" is not based in any type of knowledge of composition. Just like the 'no melody' complaint.

So what's the one conclusion I can bring this numba to? Evaluate what your impressions are. IF you don't like what someone does or where the score goes, that's fine. Just don't say someone is doing something incorrect if you don't know what IS correct. Cause then you look incompitent...like my spelling.

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#56re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 11/12/05 at 5:45pm

I love the fact that the person doesn't know who Matthew Morrison is..."that Justin Timberlake lookalike", yet in a few posts down says how Hairspray is one of the musicals that he does love....hmm....

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

hypertruffle
#57re: Victoria Clark Sounds like Donald Duck Performing Opera...
Posted: 11/12/05 at 5:48pm

Really I'm speechless.

I can't believe someone decided to bump this thread.

"The cynicism you refer to, I acquired the day I discovered I was different from little boys!~All About Eve

Videos