pixeltracker

Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED- Page 3

Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED

iheartcheyenne123 Profile Photo
iheartcheyenne123
#50re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:40pm

YAY gavrochegirl! totally agree!

--Alex-- "They're singing, "Happy Birthday" You just wanna lay down and cry Not just another birthday, it's 30/90 Why can't you stay 29 Hell, you still feel like you're 22 Turn 30 in 1990 Bang! You're dead, what can you do?" --TTB

gavrochegirl
#51re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:41pm

Heheheheh. Thank you, thank you...and call me Gav, pleeeeease!

What the puck?!

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#52re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:43pm

Doug---I'm not scared off by the attacks. I just look at it as wasted typing from people struggling with how to express themselves. And in truth, agree with their basic sentiment that there is NO replacement for live theatre. I just don't look at video releases as being a threatening replacement.

And Craig---Very nicely said!

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

USTheater.TV Profile Photo
USTheater.TV
#53re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:44pm

I expect those who support the idea are long gone now that the FLAMERS and AGRESSORS are in the loop.

Really guys you are offering nothing constructive in your debate except IT JUST WONT WORK. Thankfully I have many people who know it will and I expect you'll see BROADWAYWORLD.Com and others going down that route in the near future. Mark my words.

In the meantime I'm off now that I've started to get you thinking about it and that ordinary decent people will be thinking more about making it work.

_________________ www.uktheatre.net

iheartcheyenne123
#54re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:46pm

you wiiiiiiiisssssshhhhhhh! by the way..oooo sry GAV!! lol..

--Alex-- "They're singing, "Happy Birthday" You just wanna lay down and cry Not just another birthday, it's 30/90 Why can't you stay 29 Hell, you still feel like you're 22 Turn 30 in 1990 Bang! You're dead, what can you do?" --TTB

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#55re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:46pm

By explaining in detail how videotaping a performance gets rid of the live excitement and art is not "offering anything constructive"??

Better rethink that.

iheartcheyenne123
#56re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:47pm

by the way (again) lol....call me ALEX! <33

gavrochegirl
#57re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED

So, your idea of "decent" is seeing illegal bootlegs of shows?

What the puck?!

gavrochegirl
#58re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED

Double post.

What the puck?!
Updated On: 10/30/05 at 12:47 PM

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#59re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:48pm

Did you read the FAQ? Your videos are obviously bootlegs, and us at Broadwayworld, frankly don't like disobeying the rules, so STOP PROMOTING YOUR SITE!!! It's most likely illegal, and breaking the rules (And the law.)

And also: YEAH, GAV! I could never agree with you more.

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel

gavrochegirl
#60re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:50pm

Thanks!

*lights pitchfork* Let me at this guy!

What the puck?!

USTheater.TV
#61re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:50pm

STOP BEING LIBELLOUS - THERE IS NOTHING ILLEGAL ABOUT THE CONTENT OF MY SITE.

gavrochegirl
#62re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:52pm

The bootlegs are illegal. *ahem*

What the puck?!

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#63re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:53pm

Booting the leg is illegal.

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#64re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:53pm

Before this conversation goes any further - can someone either PM me a link to what they consider illegal and/or bootleg material or the discussion of such material on his website? thank you.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

USTheater.TV
#65re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:54pm

There are NO BOOTLEGS on my site and if there are then I will have them removed IMMEDIATELY. Now please, you've won your argument. You think theatre is bad online. Fine. I disagree and I'll stop the debate there.

iheartcheyenne123
#66re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:54pm

yea suuure...yr TAPING A BROADWAY SHOW..how isnt this illegal?!! and u never answered my question...have you ever experienced the thrill of a live broadway show USTheater.TV ???

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#67re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:55pm

I PMed you, Craig.

GAV: The pitchfork thing... Can I gladly join you? *Lights pitchfork*

And UStheatre, that is a weak lie. Iheart, you are a major support to this argument, and so are Gav, Elphaba, etc. You are all brilliant.

And so am I! (hehe.)

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel
Updated On: 10/30/05 at 12:55 PM

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#68re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:56pm

Guys, I just visited his site... Where do you see anything illegal here?

Wow, such rampant paranoia.

Doug---You're struggling with something new, and musical theatre is still basically a "traditional" art form, even if it's relatively new in the scheme of our history.

I feel that the Broadway plays and musicals as a visionary art form will eventually go the way of opera and become a "classical" medium... unless we infuse new approaches and techniques to widen the appeal and influence. Any time someone tries something new, its always met with resistance from traditionalists. This is actually an old battle, if you think about it.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

USTheater.TV
#69re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:57pm

Thanks mate....yeah...these guys have just wound things way out of proportion just to win their argument. I don't bootleg anything and I've gone out of my way with all the theatre bodies in the UK to make sure I do this right. I will remove anything that is deemed illegal immediately.

gavrochegirl
#70re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED

Sure, piazzaslight.

Woo!

What the puck?!

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#71re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED

I am scouring his site (you ALL know how I feel about illegal material) and I can't find anything that suggests bootlegs. I see actors reels which are often on their own websites. I don't see any discussion nor posting of contraband. Again - PM me a link to anything you find to support your suggestions.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

iheartcheyenne123
#72re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:58pm

Thanks So much Piazzaslight!! :)

442namffug Profile Photo
442namffug
#73re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:59pm

Best12bars, You have incorrectly used "paranoia". If you are trying to insinuate that we are nervous that someone is after us, and we can't go on with our lives because we are so distracted by the thought of this website, you are mistaken.

On the contrary, the thought of this website is pretty disgusting, and I, for one, feel the need to defend the opinion that theatre should remain live, fresh, and real.

The concept of putting this stuff online is silly.
Updated On: 10/30/05 at 12:59 PM

gavrochegirl
#74re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED
Posted: 10/30/05 at 12:59pm

Hold up.

I'm brilliant?

Wow! re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED re: Why Musicals SHOULD be VIDEOTAPED

What the puck?!

Videos