News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Piazzaslight

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Member Name: Piazzaslight
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: N/A
Blog Address:
Profile: Yeah.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 'Flops' you were lucky enough to see  Aug 26 2007, 05:30:03 PM
The Woman in White (No substance whatsoever, but I loved it.)

Coram Boy (I though it was OK... not my cup of tea I guess.)

The Pirate Queen (Liked it despite some major book issues.)

Festen (Enjoyed it when I saw it, but now that I look back on it it was a mediocre play.)

The Lieutenant of Inishmore (Very good play, but understand how the subject matter would put some people off.)

Grey Gardens (Fantastic, saw it twice.)

Souvenir (Thought this

re: Goodbye , Frost/Nixon  Aug 20 2007, 11:07:38 PM
I saw this the day before it closed.

It was one of the most entertaining plays I have ever seen. The direction was, as sanda put it, fast paced and focused and the performances were remarkable. The moment when Nixon apologized to the country for Watergate... ugh, it got to me. And the look on Langella's face up on the T. V. screens was so full of emotion... such a powerful moment one can only experience in the theatre.

So good bye to a thrilling play that will hopefully be turn

Memorable parts in show tunes that haunt you  Aug 20 2007, 10:37:37 PM
What are some little moments in show tunes that are so hauntingly beautiful, or so catchy that they are burned into your mind forever?

For me, it's "Come to my garden..." from THE SECRET GARDEN. Hearing that little part of the song haunted me from the first time I heard it.

Also, "Practically Perfect" from MARY POPPINS would NOT get out of my head from the moment I first heard it.

Yours?

re: You'll never guess who was at Grey Gardens tonight...  Jul 13 2007, 12:50:15 AM
I was there tonight also, my second time. Why, oh why must it leave at the end of the month?

It is such a beautiful and devastating show. I agree that some of Ebersole's vocal's were a little weak, but she still gave the brilliant performance everyone is talking about.

And Stephen King... I missed him. Ah, well.

re: This Doesn't Sound Good  May 29 2007, 08:17:01 PM
How's about a musical about bunch of German teenagers going through puberty, based on a play that was banned for many years due to it's sexual content?
re: The Wizard of Oz  May 14 2007, 08:52:27 PM
"...I've heard that you get a chance to enjoy being in it if you aren't one of the 4 principals."

Oh so true. My school did the RSC production this year, and three of the four leads (And one of the crew members) were injured during rehersals for the show. Our original scarecrow had a skiing accident, which resulted in a broken shoulder. So we brought in his understudy to play the role (Who I thought was much better, personally). Our Tinman was at work when he accidentaly injured his han

re: Lloyd Webber Must Haves  Apr 1 2007, 10:12:58 PM
If you like "I Know Him So Well" so much, buy one of the cast recordings for CHESS. It's not from Starlight Express.

Anyway, I really enjoy the London cast recordings for ASPECTS OF LOVE and THE WOMAN IN WHITE. Two very beautiful shows by ALW, in my opinion.

re: LoveMusik, ugh!  Feb 17 2007, 06:04:13 PM
What about a new production of "Dance of Lestat and Dracula"? I'm sure that'll bring in the big bucks...
re: SUNDAY IN THE DISCO WITH GEORGE  Feb 13 2007, 09:36:52 PM
Such a beautiful show. I'm glad that this production is transferring from London, no matter how long I'll have to wait to see it.
re: Favorite Grey Gardens The Musical Quotes  Nov 27 2006, 04:52:19 PM
I agree with "It's a god damn beautiful day! SHUT UP!" A favorite ever since I first read that.

All of "AROUND THE WORLD." That's my favorite song out of the whole score.

re: Color and Light - Sunday in the Park with George Love  Nov 26 2006, 05:00:23 PM
I'll chime in on expressing love for this show. Seriously, it;s one of the most beautiful, thoughtful and innoventive shows of all time. The lyrics beautifully express how the characters feel about something, and I was able to relate some of those lyrics to myself. Examples being "Everybody Loves Louis," "Finishing the Hat," etc.

Another thing I like about it is the way it discusses art in the real world, and the struggle of the artist: The most beautiful and classic works of art (Book

SPRING AWAKENING - First Preview  Nov 16 2006, 07:27:18 AM
Spring Awakening starts previews tonight, as we all know. Whoever's going tonight, do us a favor and tell us what you think. Word of mouth from the Final Dress Rehearsal is overwhelmingly positive. Hope the reaction is the same tonight.

re: Gaydar not Radar  Oct 31 2006, 10:52:05 PM
Like everyone else has been saying...

Gay.

re: What to see Phantom Vs. Les Miz  Oct 29 2006, 01:19:25 PM
I agree - Les Mis. PHANTOM will be around for who knows how long, and the return engagement of Les Miserables will be around for only six months. Les Miserables.

re: Les Miserables- first preview review  Oct 24 2006, 11:32:30 PM
I agree: What about Daphne?
LES MISERABLES - First Preview  Oct 24 2006, 07:13:01 AM
The day is finally here. Les Miserables is my favorite show, and I can't believe it's back! If anyone's going to the first preview tonight, PLEASE post reviews.
re: Grey Garden Changes  Oct 22 2006, 07:24:57 PM
dirty rotten guy: Yes, it was.

I have a possibly stupid question: (Spoilers I guess) During ANOTHER WINTER IN A SUMMER TOWN, Little Edie looks over and sees her younger self packing up to leave like she did in the first act. Was this always in the show, including the Off-Broadway production? If they were experimenting with it for previews, I say keep it. I added more power to the lyrics of the song.

re: Les Mis Revival opened 2 nights ago?  Oct 22 2006, 07:16:47 PM
I'm going November 5th. I will be sure to post my thoughts as well.
re: Grey Gardens  Oct 22 2006, 03:15:21 PM
I bought my GG tickets at the TKTS booth when I saw the show last night.

Here's a link to help you out:

http://www.entertainment-link.com/tkts.asp?show=all

Grey Gardens last night (10/21/06)  Oct 22 2006, 12:45:54 PM
After months of anticipation, I finally got the chance to see this musical. I can proudly say that I was not dissapointed.

Christine Ebersole was truly fantastic, nailing both the comic aspects of the show, and making me feel all emotional inside during the dramatic moments. Around the World and Another Winter in a Summer Town were highlights.

The rest of the cast were all brilliant in their roles too, but something seemed off about Matt Cavenaugh's Jerry. He just seemed lazy

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You