Favorite Sondheim

RENTingFAME Profile Photo
RENTingFAME
#50re: Favorite Sondheim
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:18am

Love Sweeny.

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum is the funniest thing I have ever seen. My theatre did a production of it 2 years ago and I was distressed I could only see it 5 times. (I was ushering, ok? I didn't just come every night. lol.)

Measure your life in love, RENTheads, and keep it always in your heart.

Avatar: Me with Al Larson, Jonathan Larson's father.

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
keatonbynumbers
#51re: Favorite Sondheim
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:29am

NEVER make me choose.

I will be forced to say Sunday in the Park with George, but it hurts me to say it as I feel Sweeney, Company, Pacific Overtures, and ALNM will all be jealous. But I love them too.

I even love Bounce. It's craaazy that way.

Piazzaslight Profile Photo
Piazzaslight
#52re: Favorite Sondheim
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:30am

My top two are SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE and SWEENEY TODD. I actually prefereed the Revival of SWEENEY to the original DVD. I think that the whole Insane Asylum concept adds more depth to an already deep story. The DVD, while breathtakin, didn't make me think like the Revival did. I mean, it did make me think, but the Revival brought out the show's brilliance to me.

SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE is also, to me, a work of art (No pun intended). It took me at least a year and a alf of watching the DVD to get the second act. And the music is so beautiful and meaningful. I really hope the current West End production gets a transfer over here.

MARGARET: "Clara, stop that. That's illegal." - The Light in the Piazza

"I'm not in Bambi and I'm not blonde!" - Idina Menzel

BobbyRobbyBobbyBaby
#53re: Favorite Sondheim
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:30am

Right now, Sunday in the Park with George.

Something is stirring, Shifting ground... It's just begun. Edges are blurring All around, And yesterday is done.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#54re: Favorite Sondheim
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:37am

I think 'Follies' is my favorite, but 'Sweeney Todd' is a not-too-far 2nd.

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

broadway_freak2
#55re: Favorite Sondheim
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:57am

For me it has to be a tie between the Revival Cast of Sweeney, Original Into the Woods, and Original Sunday in the Park with George and Merrily We Roll Along. It's so hard to pick one them. Although at the moment, I must say Sweeney. Sondheim is pure genuis!

Videos