News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for keatonbynumbers

keatonbynumbers Profile Photo
Member Name: keatonbynumbers
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Andrew Lloyd Webber - how many people total have seen his shows?  Oct 16 2007, 08:55:58 PM
I have, and my boyfriend has. So, at least two?
re: Train Wrecks You Wish You Had Seen  Oct 16 2007, 11:49:21 AM
Carrie
In My Life
Via Galactica
Dude

NOW you all wish you'd seen Lestat. When it was me all alone in that theatre, night after night, wearing my KISS ME CAROLEE t-shirt and weeping, where were you then?

re: Young Frankenstein Review (10/15)  Oct 16 2007, 11:30:07 AM
Also, Sutton was being hit on by some sort of dillusional prostitute.

She knew this would happen when she chose to work in this crazy business!

re: GODSPELL returns to Broadway, summer 2008  Oct 16 2007, 11:26:55 AM
Tch. Except for the people who embarrassingly love Joseph so much that they can't help but see it every time they're in London.

Not that I know anyone like that. Uh.

re: League Wants FCC to Prevent Portable Devices on Airwaves Used for Theat  Oct 15 2007, 03:38:12 PM
Or just play on man's sympathy for technology! Telling them it interferes with the performance won't deter them, but tell them that it interferes with the mics and they'll turn those suckers off willingly.
re: McMullan's SOUTH PACIFIC Design for LCT  Oct 15 2007, 03:35:18 PM
Aw, it's way pretty.

She isn't just kicking the dog, though, she's stepping right on it, completely maiming and crippling it permanently. Which, honestly, is good, because that's a direction that this particular musical has never been taken in.

re: GODSPELL returns to Broadway, summer 2008  Oct 15 2007, 03:26:26 PM
I wish I was less excited about this, but I don't know, I just love Godspell so much it's unnatural. I would definitely prefer a Pippin revival, but this is just as good to remind me that once upon a time, I did really adore Schwartz.

But I agree about casting all unknowns. Having any one character being too distinctive because of the actor playing them would really take away from it a lot, IMHO. I mean, knowing how theatre fans these days are, I imagine even a cast of unknowns w

re: Official MERMAID PICS  Oct 14 2007, 10:39:52 PM
Sherie Rene makes insane look insanely hot.
re: Best Anything Goes Recording?  Oct 14 2007, 10:34:39 PM
Smaxie, that's SCARILY accurate.

I'm partial to the 1988 (1987? Whatever) with Patti recording, but the studio cast from 1988 (the one with Kim Criswell) is definitely, definitely worth having.

Also, I may be lying about the year, I don't know if it's 1988.

re: If they made Hercules into a broadway musical what would be your castin  Oct 14 2007, 10:29:03 PM
Is it incredibly contrived and obvious of me to cast Susan Egan as Meg? Because... you know, she was pretty much perfect.
re: Word on the street is the common folks love Young Frankenstein  Oct 13 2007, 11:04:31 PM
This is fairly shocking, as I didn't know commoners were allowed inside the theatre any more.
re: Joseph....Dreamcoat Reality TV Show  Nov 8 2006, 12:38:22 AM
Ha ha ha ha.

Man. I love JOSEPH.

re: Grey Gardens doing away with student rush (?)  Nov 6 2006, 12:23:02 PM
Ergh.

There's still SR, though, right?

re: Simon Shepherd, Star of London Sound of Music, Replaced After Two Previ  Nov 6 2006, 12:04:10 PM
So, he only played two performances?

For some reason, I think my father was really excited about Simon Shepherd, so I hope he happened to see either of those performances. 'Cause, well... that sucks for him.

re: Nudity in Company?  Nov 6 2006, 11:57:05 AM
Yeah, but then, shouldn't he shun costumes altogether? An all-nude production of COMPANY? "Esparza's Bobby is the most vulnerable Bobby yet," the critics could say.
re: The Official Daphne Rubin-Vega Appreciation Les Mis Thread  Nov 6 2006, 11:53:39 AM
Khashoggi, your bashing of RENTheads is a very clever method of making your opinion seem superior.
re: Have you ever walked out of a show? Or seen others walk out?  Nov 6 2006, 11:33:19 AM
I never do. It's not a money thing, it's just how I am. Even the worst show in the world has the possibility of wowing me in the last six minutes, and why would I want to miss that?

I've seen plenty of others walk out, though. I usually take their seats. Thanks, you guys.

re: Any confirmation of Patti doing GYPSY?  Nov 6 2006, 11:31:45 AM
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Patti effortlessly split herself in two and did both shows. This would only confirm my suspicions about her.
re: Nudity in Company?  Nov 6 2006, 11:30:20 AM
This is cool with me. COMPANY has always been one of my favorite shows, but around "Barcelona", I do start to get a little restless. Nudity would wake me up, I think.
Nonce or nonsense lyrics in Broadway musicals?  Nov 6 2006, 11:27:27 AM
Yeah, what is the deal with "shrecking"?

Is that how, like, Bill Finn says it, and he didn't realize that it's not actually how most people say it? It's always confuses me.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You