pixeltracker

Most Important Prop in Each Show?- Page 3

Most Important Prop in Each Show?

nomdeplume
#50re: Most Important Prop in Each Show?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 12:11am

I think the grannies' walkers in The Producers.

missyrose87
#51re: Most Important Prop in Each Show?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 12:13am

I don't understand why everyone is saying the hat in Wicked is important- even if Glinda didn't give her the hat, Elphaba would have still become the Wicked Wich of the West, she just wouldn't have a hat.

nomdeplume
#52re: Most Important Prop in Each Show?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 12:14am

A good point, missyrose87.

Controversy?

Mattbrain
#53re: Most Important Prop in Each Show?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 9:24am

It is an important prop. Here's the deal:

Glinda and her friends are getting ready for a party at the Ozdust Ballroom. One of her friends finds a "hideodeous" hat (it's the Witch's hat) which is a present from Glinda's dear ol' gran-gran. Glinda says, "I'd give it away but I don't hate anyone that much." Her friends say, "Yes, you do." So she gives it to Elphaba. At the party, Madame Morrible approaches Glinda and tells her she has been accepted into the sorcery seminar thanks to the efforts of Elphaba. Glinda feels remorse and when Elphaba arrives in the hat, everyone laughs at her. That is when Glinda realizes she must make things right. At that point they become friends. The hat and its consequences are what unite the two. So, yeah, it is pretty important. There's lyrics concerning it and it becomes a plot device.

Sorry if I sound condescending but it's true.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Dre2387 Profile Photo
Dre2387
#54re: Most Important Prop in Each Show?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 11:03am

I think for DRS the Christine's soapbox is the most important prop.

Man Who Came to Dinner -wheelchair

And I also think the hat is one of the main props for Wicked.

<--- the set of A Midsummer Night's Dream that I was assistant stage manager for during the 2007 season at the STNJ outdoor stage.

-Dre-
You must remember all the same that at the crux of every game is knowing when it's time to leave the table... And it's important to be artful in your exit. No turning back, you must accept the con is done... It was a ball, it was a blast. And it's a shame it couldn't last. But every chapter has to end, you must agree.
~Dirty Rotten Scoundrels~

There's a special kind of people known as show people. We live in a world full of dreams. Sometimes we're not too certain what's false and what's real. But we're seldom in doubt about what we feel.
~Curtains~

It is a far, far better thing I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest I go to, than I have ever known.
~A Tale of Two Cities ~

missyrose87
#55re: Most Important Prop in Each Show?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 11:29am

I've seen Wicked- you didn't have to go through all of that. But right before Glinda gives Elphaba the hat, Nessa tells Elphaba what Glinda did for her, and then Elphaba goes up to Glinda to tell her thank you. Glinda just gives her the hat before she is able to say anything. People would have still laughed at her, because she is green, she wears ugly clothes, and nobody liked her. However, if there were no green bottle, there would be no Elphaba, no technically thats more important.

jboy1 Profile Photo
jboy1
#56re: Most Important Prop in Each Show?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 12:23pm

DROWSY CHAPERONE- The cast album of DS

RIGHT NOW: Closing DISNEY'S WHEN YOU WISH at Marquee Productions (Apr. 23-26)

NEXT UP: Playing Albert Peterson in BYE BYE BIRDIE at The Western Stage in Salinas, CA (Aug. 15-Sept. 5)

Photo: Nick Adams - BEAUTIFUL!!!

COOOOLkid
#57re: Most Important Prop in Each Show?
Posted: 8/4/06 at 12:47pm

^ How can I forget that?

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

Videos