Wicked- Melting Scene

Candleshoe2 Profile Photo
Candleshoe2
#50re: Wicked- Melting Scene
Posted: 10/17/06 at 10:04pm

Just thought I'd clear some of the things above up:

Elphaba DOES NOT fly in during No Good Deed on Tour anymore. That was cut in rehearsals after Stephanie J. Block was injured. Instead, she runs in from Stage Left with the flying monkeys.

Also, for the finale of the tour, when there isn't a trapdoor, they use a well prop, which is a platform with a well on the left of it. Elphaba hides behind the well and when Fiyero opens the trapdoor (built into the platform), Elphaba sneaks behind the door, to make it look like she crawled out from the trap door. It actually looks pretty real. Kind of hard to understand if you haven't seen it thought.

Hope that helps! :)
Updated On: 10/17/06 at 10:04 PM

PaintWordPictures Profile Photo
PaintWordPictures
#51re: Wicked- Melting Scene
Posted: 10/17/06 at 11:15pm

I believe those changes apply to the Chicago version as well - though it strikes me as a little strange that the Oriental doesn't have a trap door system...

Sillyism Profile Photo
Sillyism
#52re: Wicked- Melting Scene
Posted: 10/17/06 at 11:27pm

mejusthavingfun- What you said about Elphabas silhouette during the opening song "No One Mourns the Wicked." I only noticed it the second time I saw it and got MAJOR chills. I *LOVE* that part. It's just so... Powerful, to me I guess. I don't know. AH! When I saw it a third time I practically ripped my friends arm off with excitment.

Kay: You might want to be careful about wearing that. Steven doesn't like things that are quite so obvious. Crystal: When Steven doesn't like what I wear, I take it off! -The Opposite Sex

Claire2141 Profile Photo
Claire2141
#53re: Wicked- Melting Scene
Posted: 10/18/06 at 3:49am

Do the US versions have the Green silhouette at the start too? We have in in place of the spinning hat in London, just wondered if the Chicago version or Tour had the same thing. It looks amazing, if a little CG-ish.

Another question though, if they don't have trap doors how do they do the bit at the start with the Wizard and Witches Mother?
Updated On: 10/18/06 at 03:49 AM

Joshua488
#54re: Wicked- Melting Scene
Posted: 10/18/06 at 4:00am

Green silhouette? I'm not sure. The Broadway production still has the hat, but I believe the subsequent productions eliminated it, so this green silhouette you speak of is probably in its place.

Videos