pixeltracker

Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL the stage door not the closet.- Page 3

Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL the stage door not the closet.

FeelingElectric
#50re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/19/07 at 5:46am

I am crossing my fingers for a good outcome tonight!

Drench yourself in words unspoken. Live your life with arms wide open. Today is where your book begins. The rest is still unwritten. "Unwritten" Natasha Bedingfield

stella985 Profile Photo
stella985
#51re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/19/07 at 1:53pm

bumping this up again.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#52re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/19/07 at 1:56pm

re: Gypsy!  Is Patti Coming out. LOL

Miss Patti is like the Bette Davis of Broadway.... people will either love her or hate her. from Roman in Austin, Texas.. the official Patti LuPone FANatic

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

fengshuihellnyc
#53re: Gypsy! Is Patti Coming out. LOL
Posted: 7/20/07 at 1:19am

any updates!!!!

#54re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/21/07 at 2:36am

... and signed many Playbills and window cards tonight and hung around for a few chats and hugs. Couldn't have been more gracious to everyone. Boyd Gaines too. The whole cast was signing but I think we missed Leigh Ann Larkin in all the fuss. We'll go back tomorrow.

The show was so perfect tonight. My daughter thought "Broadway" and "Farmboys" were hysterical. We had great seats in the orchestra pit, thanks to BWW member Darth. Rose and Herbie were such a pair. And the kids are so good at being bad! The road to LA scene worked like magic. And the cow!

For a shortcut to the stage door after, we went out the right front exit in the orchestra section - the side that has the bar and the men's room - to get to the back of the bldg. through the loading dock (beats walking around the block). There are also cut-through lobbies in the bldgs. on either side of NYCC - the one to the left closes at 7, to the right at midnight.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#55re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/21/07 at 1:48pm

It was fascinating reading about the Kookabura production of "Company". Someone earlier mentioned that Madame Patti does not have an understudy. If by some chance she was so indisposed that she couldn't go on, does that mean that that particular performance would be cancelled? Just wondering.... from RC in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

John Murdock Profile Photo
John Murdock
#56re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/22/07 at 2:42am

any updates? im going on thursday... any guesses?

Upcoming Shows: Gypsy, Dead Mans Cell Phone, Xanadu, Sunday in the Park with George

Lorelai Profile Photo
Lorelai
#57re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/22/07 at 10:43am

I went Friday and she came out and signed for everyone. She came out pretty fast too, in my opinion. I thought she would have taken much longer. Oh and she even took pictures with people.

(formerly bronte604) "You really just love money and power and capitalism? You know they're never going to love you back." "Things happen for the best...I don't even believe that myself."

#58re: Gypsy! Patti didn't come out 7/21 matinee
Posted: 7/22/07 at 11:49am

We went back to the stage door after the Saturday matinee so my daughter could get Leigh Ann Larkin to sign. Leigh was one of the first to come out, and she still had on her Dainty June makeup!

There's definitely a different pace after a matinee show. Tony Yazbeck chatted with fans in the street for a good long while. Jim Bracchitta came out a different door to meet friends, then went back into the stage door gauntlet to sign. Even some of the kids that were in a sprint to get home the night before were more approachable Saturday at 5.

Patti didn't come out, though.

veryownplanetz Profile Photo
veryownplanetz
#59re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/22/07 at 11:49am

thursday might be difficult cause she is leaving to do her concert like...RIGHT after the show ends I believe.

John Murdock
#60re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/23/07 at 3:03am

dont say that.. it cant be true

Upcoming Shows: Gypsy, Dead Mans Cell Phone, Xanadu, Sunday in the Park with George

ben1986 Profile Photo
ben1986
#61re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/23/07 at 11:07pm

She came out the stage door tonight and was very rushed! I was disappointed, but it still Patti. Gotta luv LuPone!

ahmelie Profile Photo
ahmelie
#62re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/23/07 at 11:18pm

Oh lordy, I hope I catch her this Thursday. I'd be so dissapointed.

Theatre is a safe place to do the unsafe things that need to be done. -John Patrick Shanley

John Murdock
#63re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/24/07 at 2:49am

im seeing it on thursday as well i would be soooooo sad

Lm4dham05
#64re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/25/07 at 2:23pm

what do u think my chances are for her coming out tonight??

and how do i get to the stage door?? (sorry if its a repeat question)

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#65re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/25/07 at 2:40pm

I haven't stage doored GYPSY yet...I think I'm going tonight. Hopefully Patti will come out and sign.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#66re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/25/07 at 11:53pm

The whole cast came out to sign tonight (including Patti) and they were all very nice. I'm so glad I got to see this show twice and speaking to the cast tonight was a lot of fun. I absolutely adore Leigh Ann Larkin...I hope she gets work again very soon.

John Murdock
#67re: Gypsy! Patti came out 7/20
Posted: 7/27/07 at 3:52am

well... since i had used this post for info regarding the stage door, thought i would update with what happened, the whole cast came out... Laura Benatti was such a sweet heart i love her so much, even patti came out and i asked for her picture and she said "as long as its quick" i quote :) The show of course was phenomenal and better than i could have possibly imagined, one of the best theatrical evenings ever

Videos