pixeltracker

My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08- Page 3

My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#50re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/15/08 at 10:26am

The Opera House is gorgeous. I saw Boston Ballet's Nutcracker there when I there in December for my "White Christmas" trip.

J*, your PMs is off. Sorry you didn't like the show. Now I don't feel so bad, because I was bored silly when I saw the show in DC.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany
Updated On: 2/15/08 at 10:26 AM

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#51re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/15/08 at 10:55am

Wow! I just pm yesterday... I dont know why it was OFF this morning.

Dottie D'Luscai- You know what I saw what you posted after I saw the show. I guess I am just like you..... I got bored to tears too. My Fair Lady by Lerner & Loewe is not really my cup of tea... re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08 . I saw Pygmalion with Claire Danes and I totally love it...and there's only three songs that I like

1. With A Bit of Luck
2. I Could Have Dance All Night
3. Wouldn't be Lovely?

The Opera House is very pretty. It looks like a jewelry box and it looks like the palace in St. Petersburg in Russia (?) but the acoustics are soo bad...We went down to MEZZ front but I could hear the reverberation...I cant barely understand any of the book. The theater was blazing hot with the furnace on. I feel like just wearing my tank top! re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08

Yeah... I was depressed that I did not likethe show..I cant even look at the ushers face downstairs in the lobby when they asked me ..leaving soo soon? I felt like I committed a MORTAL SIN! but it was really torture for me to stay...btw.. the old man sitting at our back was snooring... we have to move to another seat again.

I REALLY REALLY have to see only 1 show a week..or even less.. I am seeing too many shows that's becoming like....Okay... I just have to do this....

The fault really lies on me... I think I am reaching the point of "saturation". I definitely need to feel like... I am EXCITED and when the curtain goes up.. Its a magical experience! Sadly.. I think I am just the doing it for the purpose of ..
IVE SEEN IT! and that's wrong....

re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08

J*

Edit : I think after GYPSY (last week of March) and all the shows that I already have tickets... I will probbably take a vacation this April...the whole month..I mean by vacation..not seeing any shows.
Updated On: 2/15/08 at 10:55 AM

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#52re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/15/08 at 11:08am

I totally understand getting burned out from seeing too many shows. That's why I try to limit myself. Believe me, when I moved from DC I still kept my suscription to the ballet in NYC. It got to a point where I gave my tickets away and didn't renew the following year. Sometimes its best to do things at the last minute as opposed to buying tickets in advance for a bunch of shows, only to find out, you don't feel like going.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

BroadwayEnthusiast2 Profile Photo
BroadwayEnthusiast2
#53re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/15/08 at 2:06pm

ORCHLC Row J Seats 1-3 or MEZLFT Row M Seats 5-7?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#54re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/15/08 at 2:26pm

Orchestra is always better in that theatre. the reverb (as jay said) in the Mezz can wear you down

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#55re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/15/08 at 2:34pm

Even left orchestra?

"I mean, sitting side by side with another man watching Patti LuPone play Rose in GYPSY on Broadway is essentially the equivalent of having hardcore sex." -Wanna Be A Foster. "Say 'Goody.' Say 'Bubbi.'" ... "That's it. Exactly as if it were 'Goody.' Now I know you're gonna sing 'Goody' this time, but nevertheless..."

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#56re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/15/08 at 4:00pm

I was in left orchestra and it was fine

ElFantasma14 Profile Photo
ElFantasma14
#57re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/15/08 at 4:17pm

Is there a show curtain? I really hope this show goes to Broadway because I live in Boston but I'm seeing "Sunday..." tomorrow so I can't see this! re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#58re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/15/08 at 4:21pm

There are two shows this Sunday (2/17), ElFantasma.

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#59re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/15/08 at 5:07pm

El Fantasma- Yes. there is a curtain.- red roses and during the prologue part- the rose heads became people's faces. What time are you seeing Sunday in The Park tomorrow?

J*

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#60re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/16/08 at 12:24pm

Jaystarr,
Did we see the same show?
I thought it was a perfect evening of theatre.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

PhantomTango1 Profile Photo
PhantomTango1
#61re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/16/08 at 1:28pm

I agree with Princeton - I saw the tour during its stop in DC, and it was probably one of the more enjoyable theatre experiences I've had in awhile. I loved every minute of it. I was floored with the whole cast, particularly Lisa O'Hare and Tim Jerome. Having said that, though, I can see how the show might not be someone's cup of tea. The Boston Opera House is truly stunning - reminds me of when I saw POTO there a couple of years ago. It was wonderful seeing all the restoration done and that beautiful building back in such great shape.

veryownplanetz Profile Photo
veryownplanetz
#62re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/16/08 at 8:16pm

I saw this show last night and I was absolutely blown away. For a 2 hour and 50 minute show this felt like it just FLEW by.

My favorite in the cast was most definitely Lisa O'Hare. She was absolutely stunning. She had that quick wit, the spry, spit-fireness that Eliza was supposed to have but yet had that wonderful vulnerability during some of the quieter scenes. Her voice is also to die for.

A couple of my favorite numbers though were the doolittle numbers, A little bit of luck and Get me to the church on time. They were breathtaking in the choreography and absolutely hysterical.

I wish I could see this show again. I recommmend it to anyone and everyone.
Updated On: 2/16/08 at 08:16 PM

TheActr97J Profile Photo
TheActr97J
#63re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/17/08 at 1:00am

This is one of the most stunning productions of ANY show that I have EVER seen. Honestly. I think it really is that good. If you have the means to see this tour, do whatever you can to get a ticket. It truly is phenomenal.

Lisa O'Hare is going to be big. Mark my words. She's just far too talented not to be!

"I seem to have wandered into the BRAIN load-out thread... "
-best12bars

"Sorry I am a Theatre major not a English Major"
-skibumb5290

ElFantasma14
#64re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/17/08 at 9:47am

I saw Sunday at 2:00 yesterday, Jay. I would love to go see My Fair Lady this evening, but unfortuneatly I'm a little short on cash right now, even if I rush. re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#65re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/17/08 at 10:10am

I was there too at 2 pm matineee Sunday in the Park with George . I saw Ed Morsteshead at the stage door. I guess. I miss you.. I will post my pictures tommorow-Monday. I have tons of photos..probbably almost 50..so it might took me a while.

Did you stay at the TALK BACK session after the show?

J*
Updated On: 2/17/08 at 10:10 AM

ElFantasma14
#66re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/17/08 at 10:32am

Yes I did, although I was hoping it would involve members of the cast, but it ended up being Peter Filichia sharing his wealth of musical theatre knowledge on Sondheim and Lapine's collaborations and then taking questions. I wanted to ask one but I had to leave early to catch a train =(

jaystarr Profile Photo
jaystarr
#67re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/17/08 at 10:43am

I wanted to ask one but I had to leave early to catch a train.

^^^^^

Wait for my posting tommorow.. I have something for you and for fellow Bostonians.

I am not saying anything,. I wanna suprise you guys...I am going to do something different 10/10 Report on Sunday in the Park....

J*

BroadwayEnthusiast2
#68re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08
Posted: 2/17/08 at 1:21pm

Looks like I won't be seeing "My Fair Lady" after all... re: My Fair Lady Review (Boston Opera House)--2/6/08

Videos