pixeltracker

Lithgow, Weist, Holmes, Wilson to star in ALL MY SONS Revival- Page 3

Lithgow, Weist, Holmes, Wilson to star in ALL MY SONS Revival

jeniferrenepatricia Profile Photo
jeniferrenepatricia
#50re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 5:23am

Thanks for the info, nobodyhome. I never read "the Creation of the World and other Business." I can't believe I missed a Miller play. Just ordered it from amazon....

Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life.- Bette Davis

beacon1
#51re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 10:17am

The director isn't going to try to do more than "revive" this, do you think. I mean, it's Arthur Miller. I'm hoping the director doesn't try any updating. It's a period piece.

I'm not familiar with Simon McBurney's work. Has anyone else seen anything he has directed?

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

Updated On: 5/20/08 at 10:17 AM

Carl Magnum Profile Photo
Carl Magnum
#52re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 11:00am

I'm glad to see SONS coming back to broadway, but some of the casting is a bit baffling. Now don't get me wrong Wilson and Lithgow are incredible actors all the way around, I'm a fan of both. But Wilson is just a bit too old for Chris. And Lithgow doesn't really scream blue collar working class rich. I think Lithgow has a smaller hurdle to jump and audiences will eat it up regardless, most people in the crowd aren't Miller scholars, or have even heard of this little done Miller. So while I'm excited for it, I'm also cautiously optimistic.

I got rid of my teeth at a young age because... I'm straight. Teeth are for gay people. That's why fairies come and get them

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#53re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 11:35am

It's too bad Katie Holmes acting is overshadowed by her marriage to what's his name.She has a respectable buzz going for many years and has done some decent work. I hope that people focus on the acting and not her persona, her child, the husband or the stage door reports. I hope Cruise stays far away from the production and does not cause any scenes.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#54re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 11:45am

It will be interesting to see how much tv coverage this gets. (Inside Edition, ET, etc.)

Just give the world Love.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#55re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 12:59pm

I'm already upset thinking how all of the talk of "Katie" on news magazine shows could take away from the obscene amount of talent in this production. I'm also already cringing at the threads about Katie at the stage door.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

heathurrr
#56re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/20/08 at 1:05pm

I'm so glad to hear that Patrick Wilson's coming back to the stage.

"As we all should probably have learned by now, to be a Stephen Sondheim fan is to have one's heart broken at regular intervals" - Frank Rich

Dearest, how can this be so? You were dead, you know. - Candide

Oh my god, this show has everything! Half naked guys and girl on girl action! - [title of show]

(My avatar? Why, yes! That is Laura Benanti making out with a chick!)

Johnnytoc
#57re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/21/08 at 12:34am

This is my favorite play of Miller's and I'm thrilled to get to see it live, however this casting isn't that exciting. While it's good to get Patrick Wilson back on Broadway, other than him and possibly Dianne Weist, I could care less.

Theatreboy33 Profile Photo
Theatreboy33
#58re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/21/08 at 10:57am

I like this casting (minus holmes). But I still wish they had cast the father role with the original rumor of Robert Redford.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#59re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 5/22/08 at 11:33am

Not sure they have it right, but this short article that came out before the offical announcement says Ms. Holmes will be onstage 6 nights a week. No metion of matinees.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20186927,00.html

Just give the world Love.

beacon1
#60re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 6/4/08 at 5:55pm

From Cindy Adam's Column in the NY Post:

Rehearsals begin this summer. After the Tonys there's a theater shakeout, so they'll know if it's the Belasco, Longacre, Walter Kerr, Barrymore, whatever. Wanted is a fairly large 1,200-seater. Opening's mid-October. They do not plan to up the ticket price. And hers is a limited 16-week engagement. "

Does that mean it will go longer with another actress?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/06042008/gossip/cindy/tell_alls_coming_about_dubya_113818.htm?page=0

According to this Access Hollywood article about "All My Sons", the play itself will be limited run.

NEW YORK, NY --

Katie Holmes is “perfect” for her upcoming role on Broadway, according to the producer of the show.

Rehearsals on the play begin this summer, with plans for an October opening.

The play will run for about 16 weeks and the Post reported that despite Holmes’ fame, there won’t be an increase in the ticket price.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/article/9788/producer-katie-holmes-perfect-for-upcoming-broadway-role/

Where are we going, and why am I in this handbasket?

Patrick Wilson Fans --New "UnOfficial Fan Site". Come check us out!

Patrick Wilson Yahoo Group

Patrick Wilson Facebook Fan Page

Jenna1958
#61re: John Lithgow, Dianne Weist, Katie Holmes to star in ALL MY SONS Revival
Posted: 6/5/08 at 1:33pm

Actually, the tickets should be discounted substantially if whats-her-name Holmes is in it. Quite disturbing to think how she made it into this play with an otherwise outstanding cast. I will definitely miss this one. Everyone, including Tom Cruise's "wife", should EARN their roles, not pay for them.

Videos