pixeltracker

Nicest Broadway Person You've Met Somewhere besides Stagedoor- Page 3

Nicest Broadway Person You've Met Somewhere besides Stagedoor

Ftworthguy Profile Photo
Ftworthguy
#50re: Nicest Broadway Person You've Met Somewhere besides Stagedoor
Posted: 8/15/08 at 1:38pm

I've had several that were just terrific.

Just recently ran into Amanda Seyfried (Sophie from the film Mamma Mia!) at a bar and she couldn't have been nicer. It was the DAY before the film was released and I don't think she was used to being recognized!

Jean Smart, Doris Roberts and Alison Janey were all at the performance of "The Producers" I was at. All of them were so nice and gracious, but Alison Janey was amazing.

Finally, went to see a friend of mine that was in the 90s revival "The Sound of Music." It was Jeanne Lehman, who played Mrs. Potts in the LA run of "The Beauty and the Beast." She invited me to go have a drink with two friends that were in that show with her. Fred Applegate and Gary Beach. They were both so warm and funny!!! So cool that I had drinks with Mrs. Potts, Lumiere and Clogsworth!!!

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#51re: Nicest Broadway Person You've Met Somewhere besides Stagedoor
Posted: 8/15/08 at 1:47pm

I was in line at PAX next to David Hyde Pierce and we discussed which sandwiches we liked. I made no mention as to who he was. I am sure he knows I knew. I just treated him like a person and he was very sweet. He's very shy and pleasant.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#52re: Nicest Broadway Person You've Met Somewhere besides Stagedoor
Posted: 8/15/08 at 1:57pm

I ran into Jennifer Hope Wills on the LIRR. I had just seen Phantom and stage doored after the show. I was standing right by the door due to lack of seats listing to my Ipod and minding my own business. She walked passed me as the train was pulling into her station. She was surprised to realize that we took the same train home. I told her where I got off and she said that that explains it and we were chatting for a few moments until she had to get off.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

jamessite
#53re: Nicest Broadway Person You've Met Somewhere besides Stagedoor
Posted: 8/15/08 at 3:07pm

Many years ago I met Betty Buckley on a vacation. For the first few days, I just knew her as Betty. She was not yet the diva. Then her last night, she sang a song and her voice totally stood out from everyone else. The next day she left and we exchanged addresses. That is when she put down Betty Buckley and then I knew why her voice stood out. We were just friends during the vacation because she was so down to earth. I have tried not to miss any concerts or shows since that time.

Videos