pixeltracker

Romantic Poetry Reviews!- Page 3

Romantic Poetry Reviews!

sineparade
#50re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/30/08 at 11:50pm

either you don't get it, or you just don't care. genius is not required to be smarmy. genius requires courage, and slobbering only requires saliva, and the lack of a spine; a slug comes to mind.

sineparade
#51re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/31/08 at 12:00am

what i'm smoking is not as good as what you are smoking, because i am still making sense, and you don't have anything to say. come up with an idea before you post, because just having your presence here does not impress me. smoke on that.

wonkit
#52re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/31/08 at 1:02pm

sineparade - king of sock puppets - you are confusing two completely separate issues. Freedom of speech says only that the government may not make a law abridging that freedom. When it comes to employment as a legal matter, it is called employment at will - you can quit any time you want, and an employer may terminate your employment at any time, for any reason and for no reason. You may not like it but that is in fact what your rights are as an employee. If you don't like it, get a written contract that says otherwise. muzzy showed a sorry lack of judgment but has hopefully learned a lesson, albeit a hard one. An employer is entitled to (and pays you for) professional respect - if you don't want to abide by that restriction, quit.

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#53re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 10/31/08 at 1:45pm

And I still maintain Smaxie is a sexy genius.

And I smoke the good stuff.

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
TimesSquareRegular
#54re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 11/1/08 at 5:17pm

Anyone mind if we get back to actually discussing the show?????

I saw today's matinee, and actually stayed for the entire thing - it is indeed like a train wreck and you don't want to look away until all the dead bodies have been pulled out. This is the show that could raise calls to bring back GLORY DAYS and LESTAT.

So many of the awful lyrics (I hope they get published, a perfect "how not to" book) have already been quoted, but additionally I liked:

"It's been assault and battery
Since you married me"

Sometimes it's not a false rhyme that catches you off guard, but a line that makes no sense, such as:

"I'm like a sinner having dinner with his sin"

Huh????

2016 These Paper Bullets (1/02) Our Mother's Brief Affair (1/06), Dragon Boat Racing (1/08), Howard - reading (1/28), Shear Madness (2/10), Fun Home (2/17), Women Without Men (2/18), Trip Of Love (2/21), The First Gentleman -reading (2/22), Southern Comfort (2/23), The Robber Bridegroom (2/24), She Loves Me (3/11), Shuffle Along (4/12), Shear Madness (4/14), Dear Evan Hansen (4/16), American Psycho (4/23), Tuck Everlasting (5/10), Indian Summer (5/15), Peer Gynt (5/18), Broadway's Rising Stars (7/11), Trip of Love (7/27), CATS (7/31), The Layover (8/17), An Act Of God (8/31), The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time (8/24), Heisenberg (10/12), Fiddler On The Roof (11/02), Othello (11/23), Dear Evan Hansen (11/26), Les Liaisons Dangereuses (12/21) 2017 In Transit (2/01), Groundhog Day (4/04), Ring Twice For Miranda (4/07), Church And State (4/10), The Lucky One (4/19), Ernest Shackleton Loves Me (5/16), Building The Wall (5/19), Indecent (6/01), Six Degrees of Separation (6/09), Marvin's Room (6/28), A Doll's House Pt 2 (7/25) Curvy Widow (8/01)

sineparade
#55re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 11/2/08 at 2:12am

listen wankit, i don't confuse anything, and we have a supreme court to sort out constitutional questions such as; "what are the limits of free speech?" my point is that MTC sucks because they fired an employee for posting on this thread. what they did is immoral. if you don't get it, that says alot about you. by the way, the musical still sucks, and muzzy was right about that. i'm still waiting for you to be right about something. it's a shame that she lost her job because she shared her opinion with the swine (you know who you are) that foul this thread. i send my blessings to those of you that support muzzie, and i offer two figs to the mean dilettants that i have had the pleasure to beat down.
Updated On: 11/2/08 at 02:12 AM

sineparade
#56re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 11/2/08 at 2:28am

phyllis: i would never doubt the word of a stoner. We are cool.

temms Profile Photo
temms
#57re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 11/2/08 at 9:07am

I was doing a show out of town, supposedly in a Broadway tryout. The reviews were not good. The conductor of the show was in the lobby one day and overheard a group of people going to the box office to purchase tickets. The treasurer rolled his eyes and said "You know, it's not very good. You're better off waiting till they fix it and it comes back here on tour." They didn't buy the tickets.

The Conductor of course mentioned this to the Company Manager, and that treasurer was either fired or took a "voluntary leave" until our production closed.

Did the theatre violate his First Amendment rights? If I worked at a store and told customers that the merchandise was crap and they should shop elsewhere, you think the management should just shrug and say "Well, that's your right" and not do anything?

If MTC was going after non-employees posting about how bad RP is, that would be one thing. But if you want to work in this industry, you have to learn when to keep your mouth shut.

MTC is not passing laws about what people may or may not say; they are simply enforcing company policy that says you do not badmouth the organization in a public forum while identifying yourself as an employee. The poster in question could have said whatever she wanted about the show; but by saying she worked for the theatre, she opened herself up to recrimination.
Updated On: 11/2/08 at 09:07 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#58re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 11/2/08 at 9:53am

There needs to be a cast album of this. The sheer awfulness must be preserved

It sounds so bad that the ushers are encouraging people to tape it.

Poster Emeritus

RyToast1
WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#60re: Romantic Poetry Reviews!
Posted: 11/29/08 at 7:48pm

My friend is at the show right now and there are apparently 15 (yes 15) people in the audience!!!

Never mind....just got a call at intermission....75 people for Act 1. Probably will be fewer people after intermission...
Updated On: 11/29/08 at 07:48 PM

Videos