News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TimesSquareRegular

TimesSquareRegular Profile Photo
Member Name: TimesSquareRegular
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A Clockwork Orange (Off Broadway)  Sep 13 2017, 10:43:56 PM

Surprised that nobody has pointed out that this show is participating in the 20at20 promotion that runs through Sep 24. Got in line around 7pm, had no problem getting $20 tickets (which go on sale 20 minutes before performance time), had stage seats in the first of the two rows on the stage. And yes, I liked the show!

Dear Evan Hansen casting announced?  Aug 22 2017, 07:24:10 PM

Saw Noah give a knockout performance a few years ago in a staged reading of a new musical SMALL TOWN STORY -  really looking forward to see him in the cast! cheeky

INNER CITY the musical  Jul 27 2017, 09:55:58 AM

.... and a bit more trivia: Tom O'Horgan  had all 3 theaters on 47th St home to shows he directed. Along with INNER CITY, HAIR continued on at the Biltmore, and LENNY sat across the street at the Brooks Atkinson.

Chances of Hello Dolly on TKTS this week?  Jun 29 2017, 10:37:09 AM

Don't forget that there is also a TKTS booth at Lincoln Center which opens at noon. Here's link for the daily info http://www.nytix.com/TKTS/TKTS-lincoln-center.php

When is 20 at 20 returning?  Feb 3 2017, 12:25:15 PM

Here you go ..... just received email

IT'S ALMOST HERE:

20at20 Returns This Spring
TUESDAY, MARCH 28th thru SUNDAY, APRIL 16th

Broadway Museum?  Jan 16 2017, 10:05:11 AM

,,,, and then there's the small but impressive collection in the upper lobby areas of the Gershwin Theater

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Theater_Hall_of_Fame

Rear Mezzanine at Music Box  Dec 5 2016, 08:48:33 AM

Agree with the above comments  - and indeed I have sat on a far end of the back row (not for this show) , and the stage view is fine. I did sit center next-to-last row for DEH and the view is perfect. Because of the projections, etc  the mezz may very well be a more satisfying experience for many people.

TodayTix Code: $10 off use code WINDG  Nov 26 2016, 03:22:11 PM

If you will be using TodayTix for the first time, be sure to enter

VZYST

for a $10 discount!

(I have always depended on the kindness of strangers....)

Othello NYTW Previews  Nov 26 2016, 12:45:12 PM

Was there Wednesday night. When you enter the theater, you'll probably be taken aback by what you see (I'll not spoil the experience) and you'll probably be wondering how this is going to work. It does, Brilliantly. The intimacy is amazing -  nobody is more than 4 rows from the playing area, and the boldest and most amazing lighting design (often the audience bathed in the same light as the performers) enhances the overall effect. I could go on and on, but suffice to say the

Dear Evan Hansen seating options  Nov 26 2016, 12:39:49 PM

I was so pleased when it was announced that this would be at the Music Box  -  except for the box seats, you cannot have a bad location. Over the years I have literally sat in the last row of the mezzanine at the far end  - and had a perfect view.

New 'Unsung Sherman Brothers' CD  Sep 27 2016, 10:04:05 AM

One of my LP treasures: http://cartoonresearch.com/index.php/time-travel-with-the-sherman-brothers/

CIty Kitchen food hall at Row NYC  Sep 21 2016, 02:16:37 AM

Sounds like this might be a great place for a break during Sunday's Broadway Flea Market!

good musicals that never made it to Broadway?  Sep 16 2016, 08:17:06 PM

Two of my favorite musicals never made it from the West End to Broadway:

1) THE CARD - Great score and script, starred Jim Dale, Marti Webb and Millicent Martin. (Alec Guiness did the non-musical film sometimes retitled as The Promoter.)

2) WINDY CITY - terrific fast-paced and tuneful adaptation of The Front Page -  all the fun of the original with a great score.) 

Who will take the August Wilson?  Sep 7 2016, 09:21:46 AM

I'd be perfectly happy if Smokey Joe's Café really happens and lands back here.

$20 tickets for off-Broadway shows  Aug 26 2016, 07:59:06 AM

Direct link to the official website:

http://20at20.com/

TheaterMania Gold Club  Aug 21 2016, 11:45:16 AM

Broadway_Boy said: "Gold Club used to have great selections years ago and also would offer a pair of Broadway tickets upon joining, but it hasn't had a Broadway show in years.  I'm with Theater Extras now and saw at least ten Broadway shows last year through it as well as off-Broadway, City Center, Lincoln Center events weekly and a Yankee game.  You do have to check often to catch the Broadway shows. 

Misleading ..... from June

TodayTix Discount Code!  Aug 19 2016, 10:39:15 AM

VZYST

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers ......

RE:  Aug 14 2016, 08:41:34 AM

A few months ago I saw Kim David Smith's  solo performance in Manhattan, and I mentioned to my companion that he would be PERFECT for the emcee in CABARET.  And now, there it is  - probably won't have the opportunity to see it, but those who do should be in for a treat.

Trip of Love  Jul 29 2016, 10:24:20 AM

The show has been on life support since day one, so the real question is "what took so long for reality to kick in?"  Having said that ......  I describe this to friends as  the most enjoyable bad show I've ever seen. Some very solid talent on stage, a glitzy over-the-top production design, the costumes are impressive (when the cast actually wears clothes- pay attention to the shoes, the wigs, etc), choreography better than some dumb Broadway shows I've s

TodayTix Discount Code!  Jul 15 2016, 02:42:13 AM

VZYST

I have always depended on the kindness of strangers.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You