pixeltracker

Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing - Page 3

Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing

broadwayboy522
#50re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 4:36pm

She has connections with Jerry Mitchell and Rusty Mowery who I'm assuming were both involved with the direction of this number. But I just have a hard time believing that Tiffany had computer access as soon as she got off stage but maybe I'm wrong.

sayokay
#51re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 5:41pm

Was LBB at the Tony's? I couldn't find her.

broadwayrob
#52re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 5:46pm

I think it's possible that Dani Spieler might have been up there.. I couldn't tell though...

all in all..

not a becky fan at all..

*edit*.. yeah definitely no Dani.

someone needs to get that girl in a show pronto.

anything you do let it come from you and it will be new.
Updated On: 6/8/09 at 05:46 PM

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#53re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 6:16pm

I don't know if it was nerves or the way they truncated the song or the awkward staging but I thought she was absolutely awful. I'm not a fan of Laura Bland Bundy at all, but this girl and the performance in general were simply atrocious. I can't believe they got to perform and 9 TO 5 didn't.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

sayokay
#54re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/8/09 at 6:32pm

How is Laura Bell bland at all?

kate86 Profile Photo
kate86
#55re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/9/09 at 8:37am

it was kate wetherhead not stephanie fittro.

becky put pics on her facebook. (there is a red carpet pic with all the girls).

4-11-10 Wicked (Oberhausen) ~ 8-7-10 Promises, Promises ~ 8-8-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-12-10 Bway @Bryant Park ~ 8-15-10 Jersey Boys + Sing for the Cure ~ 8-18-10 American Idiot ~ 8-19-10 Wicked Divas (Murney/Mackey) in Saratoga Springs, NY ~ 8-21-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-23-10 Natalie Weiss @Birdland ~ 8-24-10 Wicked ~ 9-4-10 Wicked (Oberhausen)

BrdwyThtr Profile Photo
BrdwyThtr
#56re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/9/09 at 9:50am

It's a little hard to argue that you weren't feeling Becky's interpretation of Elle after a verse of "So Much Better". You have to actually witness her take the character's full journey. Though I agree she doesn't "feel" the role like Laura Bell did, she's still a fine Elle Woods.

fetzles1490
#57re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/9/09 at 10:23am

The only exposure to the show I have is watching the MTV broadcast. I thought Becky sounded great, but I thought the entire performance by all the girls was extremely bland and unenthusiastic. The same goes for all the touring company performances. It seemed like even they were confused as to why they were performing on the Tony's and the result was 3 boring numbers.

kate86 Profile Photo
kate86
#58re: Legally Blonde - Becky Gulsvig can sing
Posted: 6/9/09 at 11:45am

"It's a little hard to argue that you weren't feeling Becky's interpretation of Elle after a verse of "So Much Better". You have to actually witness her take the character's full journey. Though I agree she doesn't "feel" the role like Laura Bell did, she's still a fine Elle Woods."

exactly. and she is not lbb. she has her own approach to the role. i love that she is not copying lbb but making it her own!

4-11-10 Wicked (Oberhausen) ~ 8-7-10 Promises, Promises ~ 8-8-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-12-10 Bway @Bryant Park ~ 8-15-10 Jersey Boys + Sing for the Cure ~ 8-18-10 American Idiot ~ 8-19-10 Wicked Divas (Murney/Mackey) in Saratoga Springs, NY ~ 8-21-10 Next to Normal ~ 8-23-10 Natalie Weiss @Birdland ~ 8-24-10 Wicked ~ 9-4-10 Wicked (Oberhausen)

Videos