pixeltracker

Glory Days to Get Cast Recording- Page 3

Glory Days to Get Cast Recording

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#50re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/19/09 at 12:55pm

I for one will be buying the hell out of this cd!

How does that work? I mean, you just pay for it and receive it, right? Is there a way to more aggressively do so that would somehow make the CD, I don't know, beg for mercy and weep with exhaustion? If so, please film the transaction and upload it to Youtube. I would love to see that.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#51re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/19/09 at 1:02pm

"I for one will be buying the hell out of this cd!"

"How does that work?"

I thought they meant they would be "taking one for the team" and buying all the actual hell that will exist in these cast recordings, so the rest of us would be left with... blank CDs.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#52re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/19/09 at 1:12pm

The show had so much potential, it's a shame it wasn't better than it was. However, there are still a few pretty nice songs (Generation Apathy, to name one) and I for one am glad these guys are getting a chance to record it.

To those who don't think it's fair for them to get one and other shows not to, I don't really see the logic in that. They got the money to preserve their score and get it out there, so good for them. One more show (like it or not) that won't be entirely forgotten.

perfectliar
#53re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/19/09 at 1:25pm

Now that MTI is licensing Dracula, the recording will probably finally be released.

I love the 5 songs from Glory Days that were posted on Myspace, so I'll definitely buy a copy as well.

BTW, this is the official word on what exactly Friends of Ghostlight is: "An extension of Sh-K-Boom and Ghostlight Records, Friends of Ghostlight was established to 'help distribute artist-produced musical theater recordings to the world.'"

The only other recording on the label that I know of is the 2007 Off-Broadway production of Frankenstien (with Hunter Foster). It sounds like this is for recordings that are in the can and just need distribution money, etc.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#54re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/19/09 at 2:03pm

I hate that anyone thinks it is FAIR or not for recordings. It is a financial decision. Period. If someone finances it, then it will get a recording. I don't see how that is so hard to understand!!

Is it FAIR that my neighbor has a Mercedes and I drive a KIA? Who cares...he spent his money on his car...because it was his choice. He's paying for it so it is "fair".

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#55re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/19/09 at 2:58pm

I don't see how that is so hard to understand!!

And yet, after years of being told exactly this, bryan still doesn't understand it.

Hmmm...Glory Days or Story of My Life...

I'm going to consider the hell out of those two options!

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 6/19/09 at 02:58 PM

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#56re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/19/09 at 3:19pm

I can' help that I am an idealist. I have hope for all the little children of the world to learn.

I saw SOML and hated it...so there is no option there. I am actually considering GD because I am curious about it.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Videos