Pianolin717
#2re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 2:31pm

Cue bryan

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#3re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 2:33pm

Oh, great. A recording of a show no one wanted to see. (Although, I am a tad curious....I have to admit.)

Cue Bryan in five....

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

#4re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 2:34pm

Hey why not?

defyingravity07 Profile Photo
defyingravity07
#5re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 2:35pm

WHAT THE F*CK!

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#6re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 2:37pm

bryan will just whine that it's not Cry Baby or Good Vibrations. Or a CD issue of Inner City. For some reason, he is very focused on Inner City.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#7re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 2:55pm

do not want

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

staticradar Profile Photo
staticradar
#8re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:00pm

Glory days may have been disjointed and lacking on plot, but the music was actually fairly decent and enjoyable. I liked the music more than the story and am actually quite looking forward to a Cast Recording, albeit a bit late.

You're always sorry, You're always grateful, You hold her, thinking: "I'm not alone." You're still alone.
-"Sorry-Grateful" Company

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#9re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:04pm

Who's the target audience for a show that played one performance?

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

PiraguaGuy2
#10re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:08pm

Excuse me, it's called GOOD VARITIONS.

Formerly SirNotAppearing - Joined 3/08

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#11re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:17pm

Regional and amateur theatre companies. Basically, the same deal as The Story of My Life cast recording. It's not a bad idea. I actually enjoy the score a bit more than Story of My Life.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

CyCoSpAz2 Profile Photo
CyCoSpAz2
#12re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:20pm

Anyone who has ever sat on bleachers

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#13re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:35pm

I liked a lot of the music for this

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Yankeefan007
#14re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:39pm

Good for them!

One shining light at the VERY end of a dark tunnel.

theaterdude87 Profile Photo
theaterdude87
#15re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:41pm

They should have Ellen from "Word of Mouth" write her commentary on the show for the CD jacket.

for fierce, fabulous and fun times visit eric mathew's world. http://ericmathew.blogspot.com/

Amalia Balash Profile Photo
Amalia Balash
#16re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:42pm

I'll buy it (if I remember when it's coming out). I saw the show at Signature and liked it. Thought it needed some work and never understood why it went straight to Broadway rather than Off-Broadway. But it's worth downloading for my iPod.

Schmerg_The_Impaler Profile Photo
Schmerg_The_Impaler
#17re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:42pm

Oh, great. A recording of a show no one wanted to see. (Although, I am a tad curious....I have to admit.)

Glory Days only played for one night on Broadway. It was very successful in D.C., which is why it transferred. Everyone I know who saw it in D.C. raved about it. If the show is produced regionally in other areas, having an original cast album might be a good idea. Heck, "Rags" only played three performances on Broadway, and it has a cast recording-- and I'm so glad it does!

In my pants, she has burst like the music of angels, the light of the sun! --Marius Pantsmercy

broadway122 Profile Photo
broadway122
#18re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:44pm

Wow, still no bryan!?

"i had no idea billy elliot was about one boy's triumph over epilepsy."-FindingNamo
Updated On: 6/18/09 at 03:44 PM

fellfromthesun
#19re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:44pm

Really excited for this, actually. The score has some great songs like "Open Road","Generation Apathy", "Boys", and "Right Here". My biggest problem with the score was the terrible lyrics at points.

Example -
"In 7th Grade, I started saying Chill and Bro, even though it wasn't cold."

:-/

temms Profile Photo
temms
#20re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:45pm

I'm more curious about this "Friends of Ghostlight" record label. Not to be crass but... is that a new vanity label wing of Sh-K-Boom? Meaning, they'll release it as long as all of the costs are borne by someone else, and they're only using Sh-K-Boom's distribution wing?

Not that it's a bad thing - I'm just curious. LML Records, which releases many great solo albums that would not otherwise get out, is the same thing. The record label works as an intermediary to get the CD out, but they don't put up any of the costs. They don't necessarily accept just anybody, so there is a bit of "quality control" and an identity to the label. But the albums are funded by an "independent source" (i.e., often the singer themselves.)

Sh-K-Boom already does co-productions on the Ghostlight label - they'll frequently bear the costs of reproduction and distribution if they are given a finished master recording (frequently paid for by the producers.) The thinking is that a cast album is a long-term investment, and so a co-production between a record company and the original producers is a good collaboration if a record label isn't willing to pick up the entire cost (like Sony or Time-Life or Columbia or Decca or some such.)

But "Friends of Ghostlight" sounds like a step down from that, where they'll release it if it doesn't cost them anything.

Again - this is not to slam "Glory Days". The only chance it will ever get revivals is with a recording, and I can totally see college groups doing it. Terrible shows with recordings do get done, where ones that don't fade away. People occasionally do "Eating Raoul" (for some reason). No one does "Imperfect Chemistry" (thank the lord.) But if the latter were recorded, somebody surely would.

Plus, this long after the show has closed, Equity has no jurisdiction over the recording and they can do it way cheaper than if they had done it sooner.

bertandrew2 Profile Photo
bertandrew2
#21re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:50pm

This means there is still hope for CRY BABY!

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#22re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:51pm

Gee, Schmerg....who peed in your cheeerios? I'm fully aware of the DC run....I still stand by my comment...which is: even thought it was a huge flop, I'm still curious about it.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#23re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 3:57pm

Really? Wow...

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

KirbyCat
#24re: Glory Days to Get Cast Recording
Posted: 6/18/09 at 4:06pm

May I play the role of bryan tonight?

Videos