pixeltracker

annoyed, disappointed, bitter about having to see Finding Neverland without Matthew Morrison- Page 4

annoyed, disappointed, bitter about having to see Finding Neverland without Matthew Morrison

KathyNYC2
#75annoyed, disappointed, bitter about having to see Finding Neverland without Matthew Morrison
Posted: 5/14/15 at 10:43am

"Kathy, for the record, both Kevin Spirtas and Michael Halling were at various times standbys for Hugh Jackman in THE BOY FROM OZ; additionally, John Hill and Brad Anderson understudied the Peter Allen role.   And Hugh J. was never "out."  The producers decided to let the show go dark when he took vacation days.  He never missed a scheduled performance, even when he had a fractured foot (he had it taped tightly and slightly adjusted the choreography while he healed). "

I didn't realize about Michael.He must have taken over when Kevin left perhaps.

Kevin is a friend of mind so I know he was disappointed he never went on but he understood why. Still it's a lot to learn an entire show as the lead performer and never go on even once...

I give standbys a lot of credit..they either never go on and they have people in the audience groaning when they do.

amoni Profile Photo
amoni
#76annoyed, disappointed, bitter about having to see Finding Neverland without Matthew Morrison
Posted: 5/14/15 at 11:15am

"Streisand, Verdon and Lansbury seldom left the stage yet were able to appear regularly (okay Verdon cut material from matinees)."

Ask Liza if she enjoyed performing in the original production of "Chicago". Better yet, ask her WHY she was performing in the original production of "Chicago".

broadwayghost1
rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
broadwayghost1
rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#82annoyed, disappointed, bitter about having to see Finding Neverland without Matthew Morrison
Posted: 5/14/15 at 1:11pm

Julius is the nicest guy ever!

He seemed that way when they were in Camb! Does he have a track he's doing regularly? He did at A.R.T., even though the program listed him as swing. I think he was actually doing what I recently learned on another thread is called "part swing."

Updated On: 5/14/15 at 01:11 PM

Videos