pixeltracker

more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN- Page 4

more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

sean martin
#75re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:43pm

So you're telling me you want to write a show about these old fogies who come together at this theatre that has a date with the wrecking ball? Who's gonna sit there while a bunch of crones sing and dance?

"That duck was a sexual toy, and it was on display!" -- an unknown Nashville town leader

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#76re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:44pm

If you even think they would be than honey, you're dreaming an impossible dream

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#77re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

A murdering hooker in Times Square.

A house full of hookers being evicted.

A stupid hooker trying to get the rich guy.

Fellini.

Who wants to see that?

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#78re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

How about a little girl with a dead mother and father renews her life by growing a garden in her dead aunt's backyard?

A Mother, A Father, A Younger Brother, A baby murdering black girl, Henry Ford, a chick on a swing, a black man who dreams of something better and as if that's not quite enough, let's throw in Emma Goldman.

A girl in a yellow dress flirts with a man in a bar as people dance around to bad 80's music...and just to make sure it bombs, let's make sure no one actually sings in this musical.

"There is nothing scary about life, if you are not attached to the results." - Conversations With God

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#79re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:46pm

Well that junk about a woman in a yellow dress truly does sound like a horrible idea for a musical. But it's exactly the kind of crap that would win a Tony for best musical over other shows that were actually original and used live music.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#80re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:46pm

Two words: Wet Saris!

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#81re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:47pm

I have the winner. Take a tabloid story about a boy with fangs and point ears. Mix it up with a hick town that try and raise cattle on a mountain. Have the boy adopted by the town vet in a dysfunctional family who then teach him how to speak (perfect english) and be a gentleman.

Come one - what kind of lunatic would write such a show, let alone who'd wanna go pay good money to see it?!

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Plum
#82re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:47pm

You forgot Harry Houdini, Jamie. Terrible idea for a musical, though.

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#83re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:48pm

How about a show about a bunch of fairytale characters such as Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, and a stupid Baker and his wife? Who would go see that?

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

starlyricist Profile Photo
starlyricist
#84re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:49pm

A show about a maid with a singing washer and dryer? And you want me to believe that the moon is really a big black woman? Sure. Next.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

eyeonbroadway Profile Photo
eyeonbroadway
#85re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:49pm

Hey, Craig! I'm going to see Batboy tonight as a matter of fact...in Battle Creek, Michigan! Sorry, segued away there a little...

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#86re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:50pm

you mean the moon's NOT a big black woman? all these years wasted on a moon that's not a big black woman...how humiliating.

"There is nothing scary about life, if you are not attached to the results." - Conversations With God

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#87re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:53pm

Battle Creek? Sure you aren't seeing Tony the TigerBoy?? re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN

Ok .. back to being on-topic..

What about a musical about a man trying to find his place in the world. He has a "friend" guiding him on his journey. He's kind of like the bad idea bears, but we'll call him the leading player (even the the show should be named after the man trying to find his way). At the end of the show the man bails out of a spectacular death scene in favor of a normal life...

JamieMcG Profile Photo
JamieMcG
#88re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 3:56pm

I don't know if it would fly as a show, but it would make a GREAT concert!
Like This?

Craig Profile Photo
Craig
#89re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 4:00pm

Ok.. another crazy musical

An old married guy makes a deal with the devil so he can play baseball...

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#90re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 4:01pm

How about a girl from NY who wants to ease on down the road?

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

starlyricist
#91re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 4:10pm

A guy that gives up the throne (with some wicked pyramids) and a HOT mama that's all about the way she dresses for some no-name princess from a faraway kindgom that he's enslaved? Priceless.

There are some people in the world who say that writing stories, or composing music or dancing sparkly dances is easy for them. Nothing interferes with their ability to create. While I celebrate their creative freedom, a little part of me just wants to punch those motherf*ckers in the teeth...[tos]

eyeonbroadway Profile Photo
eyeonbroadway
#92re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 4:12pm

There's always the one about the 17 year old soldier with a great voice who has a fling with an older actress at his uncle's villa in France and the uncle surprises them and the actress takes off and ends up with the uncle and the soldier shoots the actress but she doesn't die...and years later he shows up again singing the same song...and almost has a fling with the 15 year old daughter of his uncle and his former lover...and...(yawn)...the uncle dies...and OMG, this is almost as long as the show!

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#93re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 4:13pm

Two sisters come to NY from the midwest in the hopes of making
it in the Big Apple

starlyricist
#94re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 4:17pm

mmm. that might work just as well as the one about the "modern" girl that arrives off the bus w/the subway stops and streets already memorized...who'd want to hear her story?

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#95re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 4:19pm

OK how about a sinking ship w/o enough lifeboats?

sean martin
#96re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 4:24pm

So we got these two guys and they're in some prison or jail or something and one's a fruit and the other's a terrorist and they're both dead by the end of the show. Oh yeah, that has SRO written all over it.

"That duck was a sexual toy, and it was on display!" -- an unknown Nashville town leader

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#97re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 4:24pm

How about a musical about a tomboy named Annie who stars in a Wild West show shooting guns, and ends up falling in love with some guy named Frank who also works at the show?

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#98re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 4:28pm

How about this ultimate stage mother who won't let her girls grow up?

starlyricist
#99re: more 'ridiculous' ideas that pre-date SPIDERMAN
Posted: 7/8/04 at 4:32pm

how about this hoochie that defies her stepmother and goes to this dance only to lose her freakin' shoe! and the guy who's dumb enough to have women try on the shoe...i'm SURE there's more than ONE person that has the same shoe size in the kingdom buddy...dumbass.

Videos