News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Favourite Theatre(s)

MargoChanning
#75re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 8:11pm

New York Theatre Workshop, The Newman (at The Public), The Century Center, The Cherry Lane, The Walter Kerr, The Drury Lane, Carnegie Hall, La Scala and The Metropolitan Opera House.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney
Updated On: 7/18/04 at 08:11 PM

Bret Profile Photo
Bret
#76re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 8:43pm

Zoran- As G said, Anyhting Goes is playing at the Theatre Royal, and what a production it is! Its closing in august, as its a limited run, which is a shame.

"Wherever you go... I'll be right there. When you get your own private kick in the ass, just remember: it's a present from me to you." Rose's dying words to Louise

TorontoBoy Profile Photo
TorontoBoy
#77re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 9:29pm

The Biltmore Theatre in NY, love reading about it's history and seeing pictures of some of the productions downstairs.

The Royal Alexandra Theatre in Toronto, it opened in 1907 and was rennovated in 1963 and is now an historic landmark.

Awards are like hemorrhoids. Sooner or later, every a**hole gets one. (Charlotte Rampling from Swimming Pool)

BlueWizard Profile Photo
BlueWizard
#78re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 9:44pm

My favourite theatre (and one of my favourite places on earth, period) is Toronto's Princess of Wales Theatre. It has an elegant design that is modern, yet warm. From crescent motifs and the famous washroom sinks to the decadent murals and gorgeous lobby, the theatre is a real rich gem. The auditorium is also extremely well-designed, seating nearly 2000 seats but still feeling intimate. Every seat in the house offers a close view of the stage. I've seen most of my favourite shows in this glorious theatre, so it's a very fond place for me.

BlueWizard's blog: The Rambling Corner HEDWIG: "The road is my home. In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me."

zoran912 Profile Photo
zoran912
#79re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/18/04 at 10:15pm

I didn't get to see Anything Goes while in London. 'Tis a shame. I did get to see the wretchedly awful "Jailhouse Rock" though.

BalletGirl85 Profile Photo
BalletGirl85
#80re: Favourite Theatre(s)
Posted: 7/19/04 at 2:29am

I love the Minskoff because the legroom between rows is NIIIICE. Now I'm a munchkin so it doesn't really matter...but I was like, in my short person glory with all that room. There's like 40 feet of space in between the front row and the banister. I guess there has to be a lot of room since the rows are so loooong and people have to get up and move, blah blah, but it was a very comfy theater. I guess I'll go with the Little Shubert, too. I enjoyed their chairs immensly.

Videos