pixeltracker

Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances!- Page 4

Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances!

JohnnysGurl Profile Photo
JohnnysGurl
#75Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances
Posted: 2/3/05 at 3:49pm

when i saw wicked the first time with kristin cehnowith,one of her wigs came off when she hugged elphaba during For Good. When she pulled back the curtain she short of kicked it with her shoe and caught it in her hand and then when she went back on stage it was back on.

iluvtheatertrash
#76Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances
Posted: 2/3/05 at 3:56pm

Little Simba's microphone in 'Lion King' stopped working and the show was literally stopped for five minutes. The show is long enough as it is.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

ElTico68 Profile Photo
ElTico68
#77Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances
Posted: 2/3/05 at 4:30pm

Phantom of the Opera... National Tour in DC... 1993, I think... the boat broke down during "Phantom of the Opera", and they started singing backstage... and finally they just rushed onstage and Christine just laid there.

Lend Me A Tenor... local production... one of the best I've seen... alas, during the finale when they're doing the show at warp speed, one of the doors broke, and they did a fabulous job at incorporating it into the madness. It was awesome.

Happy, smile! Sad, frown! Use the corresponding face with the corresponding emotion! - Kate (Meg Ryan), French Kiss

EdnaSings Profile Photo
EdnaSings
#78Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances
Posted: 2/3/05 at 7:21pm

(New here *waves Hi* first post!)

Well, during the last Matinee performance of The Witches of Eastwick in the West-End, obviously alot of jokes going on, like during the Wedding of Jennifer and Darryl, instead of the Witches bringing on a little voodoo doll, like they usually did, they brought on a huge blow up doll that looked like Clarke Peters who was playing Darryl, he cracked up for like 10 minutes it was great! The cast had a shaving foam fight during "Dirty Laundry" and came on covered and giggling. Clyde wore Groucho Marx glasses and moustache to make Rosie Ashe who was playing Felicia Gabrial laugh, and it worked, alot.
During Joanna Riding's last matinee performance in My Fair Lady in the west-end, one of the swings dressed up like a transvestite on the underground during "Show me" and I can't remember if it was Alex Jennings or the actor playing Freddie, but they accident threw their newspaper into the audience.
And on Saturday I saw Jerry Springer the Opera (I love this show so much...) and the actor playing Tremont (the transexual) accidently broke his shirt buttons and flung them into the orchestra pit, making everyone crack up because he just looked so shocked and everyone saw it happen because it was during the "Talk To The Hand/he said that I said.." scene, pretty funny. Made the actress playing Zandra crack up for ages.
Also my mate saw Witches of Eastwick before it closed and the wires mech broke when they fly during "I wish I may" and they were stuck mid-air over the stalls during the entire interval, asking the audience and FOH's to throw them ice cream's and to get a bucket because they needed the loo!

"I dream of a world where the song comes on cue, where the music surrounds me, exciting and new..." - Jane, The Witches of Eastwick

Greekmusicalfan Profile Photo
Greekmusicalfan
#79Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances
Posted: 2/3/05 at 9:12pm

Welcome EdnaSings, hope you will have lots of fun here !
That last incident, with the Witches hanging from the ceiling through the interval had me rolling on the floor just by imagining it ! Great first post :)

Take care

chaos_dragon
#80Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances
Posted: 2/3/05 at 9:30pm

it was a few years ago (maybe two?), and I was seeing Hairspray. It was on the night of a big football playoff game (pats vs. someone else....but i AM a pats fan). Towards the end (the finale i think), when Penny's mom walks up through the aisles and climbs onstage, she accidentally tripped and fell into some guys lap. She totally broke character and said something like, "Aren't you happy your getting this view instead of sitting at home watching some silly playoff game?" I cant totally remember it, but it was quite funny

LightMyCandle125 Profile Photo
LightMyCandle125
#81Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances
Posted: 2/3/05 at 9:36pm

did she break character? because usually jackie hoffman (who i'm assuming you saw if you saw hairspray two years ago) adlibbed funny comments as she made her way through the audience. i'd be surprised if she broke. she's so funny!

Be the change you wish to see in the world.

EdnaSings Profile Photo
EdnaSings
#82Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances
Posted: 2/4/05 at 2:15pm

Thanks Greekmusicalfan! Funny/Horrible Mistakes on Live Performances Apparently it was very amusing, my friend Chris said they were just dangling there and never managed to break character once, just ad-libbing all this stuff to keep people amused while it was fixed!

"I dream of a world where the song comes on cue, where the music surrounds me, exciting and new..." - Jane, The Witches of Eastwick

Videos