pixeltracker

No nominations for Brooklyn??- Page 4

No nominations for Brooklyn??

Trisky Profile Photo
Trisky
#75No noms for Brooklyn
Posted: 5/11/05 at 12:06pm

Going back to mass suicide for the deranged, does anybody else have any other examples of such acts throughout history?

David Koresh? Maybe they should do a sequel to Brooklyn. "Waco" The David Koresh/Vernon Howell thing is akin to Streetsinger/Taylor maybe being the same person, but maybe not. I can hear the screeches of "Once Upon a Burning Mansion" in my head already.

"Too young to hold on and too old to just break free and run" - Jeff Buckley

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Tom1071
#76No noms for Brooklyn
Posted: 5/11/05 at 12:50pm

I saw Brooklyn for the first and last time last night and I can fully understand why it received no nominations. While the talent of the performers is amazingly impressive, the musical itself is terrible and the book just makes so sense to me. For me, Brooklyn has unseated Thou Shalt Not as the worst musical I have ever seen on a Broadway stage. The house wasn't even half-full and people were leaving in the middle of it.

Brooklyn makes Good Vibrations look like a Pulitzer Prize Winner.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#77No noms for Brooklyn
Posted: 5/11/05 at 1:14pm

I saw Brooklyn twice in Denver prior to its B'way run. I enjoyed the show very much. I really didn't expect it to get a lot of nominations but I am sad to see that the costumes were not nominated. They were very inventive and fun.

Just give the world Love.

Videos