News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tom1071

Tom1071 Profile Photo
Member Name: Tom1071
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chicago  Aug 22 2023, 12:11:40 PM

I wonder if Katharine McPhee will star in this.  

BCEFA FLEA MARKET 2021 COLLECTORS UNITE  Oct 3 2021, 01:23:30 PM

Phillytheatreguy10 said: "If I’m not mistaken, I believe Triton posted somewhere that they won’t have the frames like they had in the past this year. "

Honestly, that does not surprise me.   I’m sure that they suffered considerable losses due to the pandemic and most likely can’t afford to offer that generous deal.  

BCEFA FLEA MARKET 2021 COLLECTORS UNITE  Oct 3 2021, 12:48:04 PM
Can any one tell me if Triton Gallery has a table and if they are giving their usual deal on window card frames (4 for $100)?
DREAMGIRLS- Movie Director's Cut  Oct 18 2017, 01:00:45 PM

It Ain't No Party is one of my favorite songs from the Original Broadway Cast Recording, but sadly I don't think anyone can sing it like Loretta Divine.  I missed the 2001 benefit concert performance and was so excited to get the live recording.  I was broken hearted for Heather Headley at what a tragic vocal performance that was for her on It Ain't No Party, and that that recording would be out there in the world forever.  I don'

Harvey Weinstein Accused Of Sexual Misconduct  Mar 31 2015, 10:39:20 AM
I don't want to be accused of victim shaming. I know that there are real victims out theree but something about this is suspect. I know that Page Six isn't a credible news source and the New York Post is basically a tabloid but after reading that article, it is difficult to think that Ambra Battilana is a credible victim. According to the article, Harvey Weinstein is not the first powerful man she has made accusations against.
Holiday Albums by Broadway Performers  Oct 14 2014, 10:16:02 AM
Idina Menzel's new holiday album comes out today and she will be making a personal appearance and signing copies at the Barnes & Noble in the CitiCorp Center at 54th St and 3rd Avenue today at noon.
What shows are due for a revival?  Oct 9 2014, 10:49:19 AM
I have been wanting a revival of The Secret Garden for years. And I don't think it's ever too soon to revive 42nd Street (Gower Champion [Randy Skinner] staging and choreography). For me personally, it's the perfect Broadway musical.
David Archuleta as Fiyero  Aug 1 2014, 11:14:37 AM
He's 22 now, right? So cute!

Is Meryl Streep playing Tyne Daly playing Maria Callas?  Jul 11 2014, 09:18:19 AM
I officially have Meryl fatigue!
Danny Strong Tapped to Pen GUYS & DOLLS Remake for Fox  Dec 16 2013, 03:26:50 PM
I am amazed that Danny Strong has become such a Hollywood heavy hitter. Until he won the Emmy for Game Change, I had no clue that he was even a writer. Now he's got The Butler, Mockingjay and now this. It's pretty incredible. I remember him as Jonathan on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Who knew? Good for him!
SOM nsg  Dec 6 2013, 10:24:54 AM
I think this could have been better in the hands of a different director and I also felt it suffered from not having a live audience. It lacked energy and pacing. Even Christian Borle paused after a funny line as though he was pausing for laughter and nothing came. It would have been much better if there was that give and take from a live audience.
Shaiman's article  Oct 30 2013, 03:07:45 PM
Yes, because hate watching her on television means that you really know her and how she thinks and feels.
Ole Miss Football Players Interrupt Campus Production of THE LARAMIE PROJECT with 'Borderline Hate Speech'  Oct 4 2013, 01:10:42 PM
It's a damned if they do...damned if they don't situation. At least the administration acknowledged that there was wrong doing. I think it would be even more of an outrage if the school had said absolutely nothing. I don't think we know that names weren't taken. We will just have to wait and see what happens.

I still have to believe that there is an opportunity for some good to come out of this even if it is just an open dialogue about what is acceptable behavior and tre

Ole Miss Football Players Interrupt Campus Production of THE LARAMIE PROJECT with 'Borderline Hate Speech'  Oct 4 2013, 11:12:06 AM
This open letter to the Students and Faculty is promising. Hopefully, some good will come out of this incident. It's awful that the actors had to endure such a horrific display of ignorance and bigotry.

"While we work to determine with certainty who disrupted the Laramie Project play, we want everyone within our university community and beyond to know that we strongly condemn the behavior exhibited Tuesday night. As a member of the Ole Miss family, each of us has a responsibility to

Rachel Potter on X Factor  Oct 3 2013, 12:06:33 PM
Her first audition was fantastic but I defintely didn't care for her last night. I hope she redeems herself.
Rachel Potter on X Factor  Oct 3 2013, 10:56:24 AM
They sure didn't make Rachel look good last night. Her performance was rough and when she said she had been sick the audience boo'd her. It was like Showtime At the Apollo. In the end, she made it to the final 4 of the Over 25 group, but it seemed like the audience was against her.
McDonald, Benanti, and Borle Join NBC'S SOUND OF MUSIC  Oct 1 2013, 11:21:35 AM
While I love Matt Doyle, I wouldn't think his look would be appropriate for Rolf. I know this isn't very creative thinking but I always expect Rolf to be aryan.
The Glass Menagerie Reviews  Sep 27 2013, 09:36:44 AM
You have to consider the source. The NY Post is basically a daily tabloid.
Lea Michele/FUNNY GIRL on GLEE  Sep 9 2013, 02:51:36 PM
If you look closely she is photoshopped into that picture. Notice that she is more colorfully vibrant than anyone else in the picture. You can really see it around her knees.

DAMES AT SEA to Set Sail on Broadway in 2014; Directed and Choreographed by Randy Skinner  Aug 20 2013, 01:28:41 PM
I always felt like it was Anything Goes meets 42nd Street. You have the aging star, the ingenue and the loud mouth comedian.

I live for a tap show. 42nd Street was my everything when I first moved to NYC in 2001. I saw it at 15 times in a year. I know I will be seeing this. Randy Skinner is amazing at this style of show.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You