pixeltracker

Who made Bennett change the ACL ending?- Page 4

Who made Bennett change the ACL ending?

husk_charmer
#75re: Who made Bennett change the ACL ending?
Posted: 2/8/07 at 3:01pm

As much as I love Kelly, Sheila's attitude would keep me from casting her. Every time.

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

ashley0139
#76re: Who made Bennett change the ACL ending?
Posted: 2/8/07 at 3:39pm

And every time I am disappointed Sheila doesn't make it. Maybe it's her being older than the rest and I'm just rooting for her. And as much as I would hate her attitude as a director, I love to watch it. "I knew it when I was in the front."

"This table, he is over one hundred years old. If I could, I would take an old gramophone needle and run it along the surface of the wood. To hear the music of the voices. All that was said." - Doug Wright, I Am My Own Wife

BwayLover Profile Photo
BwayLover
#77re: Who made Bennett change the ACL ending?
Posted: 2/8/07 at 3:42pm

Well Kelly did say that Michael B. told her her wouldn't hire Sheila because "she was too much trouble".... I know what he meant, but I personally would rather work with someone like her than with someone like Cassie.

"Years from now, when you talk about this - And you will - Be kind. "

husk_charmer
#78re: Who made Bennett change the ACL ending?
Posted: 2/8/07 at 4:21pm

Define "someone like Cassie." A hard worker, who realized she wasn't a star, never acted like one, and comes back for a job, hoping to get cast...no, I'd pick Ms. Attiuted any day...

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#79re: Who made Bennett change the ACL ending?
Posted: 2/8/07 at 6:36pm

This is completely subjective and simplistic but I always wish Sheila had been picked over Cassie because she has a far more interesting and challenging personality. I'm with Bway Lover on this one.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Pemily Profile Photo
Pemily
#80re: Who made Bennett change the ACL ending?
Posted: 2/9/07 at 5:07pm

"This is completely subjective and simplistic but I always wish Sheila had been picked over Cassie because she has a far more interesting and challenging personality. I'm with Bway Lover on this one."

Me as well. Not only that Sheila's character is way more interesting than Cassie's imo, but I found Bishop's play better than McKechnie's. But as rayandallthatjazz already said - it's all subjective.

And heck, I wanna read the transcript of the tapes as well - but as I'm from Germany, I guess I beat everyone from the distance (Well, exept BWayLover re: Who made Bennett change the ACL ending?)

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#81re: Who made Bennett change the ACL ending?
Posted: 2/9/07 at 5:31pm

I actually did have an overconfident older dancer who was auditioning for me stop in the middle of a combination, walk off and say, "Oh, you know I can do it."

I had worked with her before, but this particular audition had quite a lot of good dancers... and I didn't hire her. For that reason, primarily.

Attitude like hers rubs off on everyone around her. If you leave the director or choreographer of a show thinking you aren't giving it your "all" even at the audition... it's not a good thing.

Sheila would not have been cast. You can always find someone who can "act" the part of a girl with an attitude.

You don't need a girl with an attitude playing the part. Not ever. It's not worth the trouble.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Gothampc
#82re: Who made Bennett change the ACL ending?
Posted: 2/9/07 at 5:41pm

I find the Sheila character to be one of the most interesting. Her character raises some questions. Obviously she knows Zach from other shows. Her reputation as a dancer is solid. But if Zach knows that she is as bitchy as she seems to be, why doesn't he cut her earlier on? I don't think that Sheila is being difficult on purpose, I think it's a defense mechanism that hides her desperation and keeps her from admitting that her career as a dancer is almost over.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#83re: Who made Bennett change the ACL ending?
Posted: 2/9/07 at 5:45pm

He doesn't cut her early on because she IS good, and he's toying with the idea of hiring her again.

But when there are good people all around who can do the job just as well or better... Miss Attitude will be left in the dust. She doesn't realize how much of a strike it is against her.

And you're right. Divas, bitches and "ladies with an attitude" are always more interesting ON stage or ON screen. Just not to work with. Better to find an actress who can do it, than (God forbid) a "natural" 'tudette.

Sheila's not a box office draw or a star. Directors have enough trouble dealing with those egos... they don't need to have it lurking in the back row, stage left as well.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

Videos