pixeltracker

GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'- Page 4

GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#75Can you sing the word 'Frankenstein' with a straight face?
Posted: 11/25/07 at 8:19pm

Sueleen,
I write reviews when I have at least something positive to say. I don't believe in hurting theater. I am an interviewer and write reviews when I am moved. I don't see any point in reviewing a horrendous show. Corinescorner is about helping theater not hurting it.

I did hate Frankenstein. But, there is no need to write that on my site. I write about great theater.

Young Frankenstein was reviewed because I had a great time.

So it is okay for you to come to another site (who I suspect has quite a few more readers than Corine's Corner) and bash the show? Where is the logic in that?

So you only review shows you LOVE on CoCo'sCo? No wonder there is so little content at the Corner. You are doing your readers a disservice. Is it safe to say, then, that the shows you HAVE reviewed on your "blog" are the ONLY ones you think are "great theater"?

PEACE.

Loruh28
#76Can you sing the word 'Frankenstein' with a straight face?
Posted: 11/25/07 at 10:05pm

You wanted to know our other favorite shows? I wouldn't call Frankenstein a favorite show though. My favorite shows include The Phantom of the Opera, Les Miz, Jacques Brel is alive and well and living in paris, Aida, Hair, Hedwig and the angry inch, reefer madness, the rocky horror picture show, jesus christ superstar. Just to name a few.

Little-Lotte Profile Photo
Little-Lotte
#77Can you sing the word 'Frankenstein' with a straight face?
Posted: 11/25/07 at 11:20pm

Some of my favorite shows overlap with Loruh, but in no particular order:

Phantom, Jesus Christ Superstar, Les Miz, Lestat, Hedwig, Jacques Brel, Carnival, Sweeney Todd, The Producers, Rebecca, The Last Five Years, Chicago, Lippa's Wild Party, Der Glockner von Notre Dame, Thoroughly Modern Millie, Light in the Piazza, West Side Story

and I'm adding Frankenstein to that list as well!

Loruh28
#78Can you sing the word 'Frankenstein' with a straight face?
Posted: 11/26/07 at 12:42am

Oh my god Sweeney Todd. Why didn't I mention that it's in my top 5! Hahahaha Good job to me.

And yeah I'm not afraid to admit that I love Lestat and Frankenstein as well.

Der Glockner von Notre Dame <--best disney musical i've ever seen.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#79Can you sing the word 'Frankenstein' with a straight face?
Posted: 11/26/07 at 10:10am

Sue,
If someone writes a thread about Frankenstein I can give my opinion. Also, writers cover many areas. I consider myself an INTERVIEWER not a critic. Interviewers don't write reviews. I do one once in awhile, but I enjoy interviewing. So, I focus on that.
I am one person and I cover more than theater. I also cover NYC events, film, opera and cabaret. It is very difficult to cover everything. I might get someone new to write reviews in the future.

Videos