pixeltracker

GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'

GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'

SillyGirl2
#1GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:19am

EVERYONE SPARE SOME TIME TO GO SEE THE OFF-BROADWAY "FRANKENSTEIN" STARRING HUNTER FOSTER, CHRISTIANE NOLL, AND STEVE BLANCHARD!

STUDENT RUSH = $25 (2 tickets per ID, and you can purchase them an hour before the show)

REG. TICKETS ARE $69.25!

SUPPORT THE SHOW AND IT'S SOMETHING TO SEE WHILE THE STRIKE GOES ON!!

GO SEE "FRANKENSTEIN" AT THE 37 ARTS THEATER ON WEST 37TH STREET BETWEEN 9th AND 10th AVENUES!

(Also, I'd like to not deal with people who have seen the show and disliked it here. So if you don't have anything good to say, then why would you even bother coming in here? Because stirring up trouble is fun? Well some life that is.)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:21am

Hi, Steve!

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

COOOOLkid
#2re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:31am

I'd rather see Young Frankenstein.

"Hey, you! You're the worst thing to happen to musical theatre since Andrew Lloyd Webber!" -Family Guy

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#3re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:31am

Why don't you buy some ad space like the rest of the advertisers?

....but the world goes 'round

neddyfrank2
#4re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 3:06am

Because the Mormons bought all the remaining ad spots.

Little-Lotte Profile Photo
Little-Lotte
#5re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 3:21am

I did see "Young Frankenstein" and it's better to save $110 and just rent the film instead, you'll actually laugh!
Updated On: 11/24/07 at 03:21 AM

Yankeefan007
#6re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 6:43am

Young Frankenstein was fun.

THe other one? Not so much.

Lynnespock2
#7re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 8:35am

I don't see the ads from the Mormons. Guess they don't like Jews.

Live long and prosper. Marriage equity now!

Mealz1042 Profile Photo
Mealz1042
#8re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 9:07am

eh i enjoyed it, it wasnt the most amazing show but i dont think that i wasted money or an evening.

<-- Gwen Stewart, SOLoist at the last show of RENT
Cages or wings? Which do you prefer? Ask the birds. Fear or love, baby? Don't say the answer Actions speak louder than words. (Tick, Tick... BOOM!)

SillyGirl2
#9re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 1:36pm

Hey if I had the money, I'd buy an ad space for it. :)

"I'd rather go see Young Frankenstein" - That's funny. I've been hearing from a LOT of people that Frankenstein is so much better than YF. Guess it depends on if you like the glitz and glam of broadway or the art of off-broadway. =) Updated On: 11/24/07 at 01:36 PM

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#10re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 1:41pm

Your post convinced me. What a well written and thought out review of the show. The points you highlighted make this sound like a production not to be missed.

"Have they come yet?"

SillyGirl2
#11re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:09pm

MyManCape - go act like a man and get a life instead of hanging around here insulting me please kthxbye.

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#12re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:43pm

I adore the cast of Frankenstein. (Especially Foster and Noll)
Sadly, the show was awful.

SillyGirl2
#13re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:45pm

Can I ask, what did you not like about it? What makes it so awful?

Loruh28
#14re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:50pm

Why is everyone on this board so judgmental and mean? Jesus. God forbid someone likes a less popular show it's grounds to get insulted and flamed and hated. It makes me sad and ashamed to know that theatre has fans like that who can't just shut the **** up and understand that everyone has different tastes.

God forbid I stood here and said I think Spring Awakening is a waste of time and money and never should have been created in the first place because it disgusts me.

Oh wait. I just did. Hah.

Should I mention how I think Legally Blond the musical is crap and if you think it's a brilliant musical you have the IQ of my Guinea Pig and should probably go back to high school and learn something valuable.

I like Franekstein. My IQ is higher than that of my infant cousin and I know how to read so after reading the novel when I was younger I liked the story and now I like the show.

flame meeeeeeeeee because I have a different opinion than you! it just makes you sad and pathetic that you a. cannot be opening minded. b. have to hate people because they don't think the same way you do.

jake6970
#15re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:52pm

Um....your opinions are basically that of everyone on this board. So sorry to say, you're not a special artsy person like you think you are.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#16re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:54pm

You're not one of the people mentioned at the bottom of this page, are you?
http://www.datalounge.com/cgi-bin/iowa/forum/thread/gossip/5431559/page-7.html

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

SillyGirl2
#17re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:58pm

Who said she was? She's just pointing out a fact. Why should that make her special? Because she actually has a mind of her own??

Loruh28
#18re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 2:59pm

Actually no. I know who that post is referring too though and that girl is scary. I don't believe in clique's and fan girls scare the crap out of me. Trust me I knew girls who used to follow actors (namely in Les Miz) into the subway after the shows. Scary stuff.

and jake6970 I have no idea what you're even saying. I never said I was a special artsy person. =)

jake6970
#19re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 3:03pm

Blah blah blah....i hate commercial shows...i love artsy off broadway shows. that was your post. you said since it's a less popular show it gets flamed and hated. perhaps it gets flamed and hated because it's not that good?

Loruh28
#20re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 3:12pm

That's not entirely true. I do honestly dislike Spring Awakening and Legally blond because I think they're Garbage.

But I do love commercial shows. Rent. I love Rent. I love Phantom and Les Miz. Those are commercial. They're just more intelligent commercial shows with good music.

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy Profile Photo
InfiniteTheaterFrenzy
#21re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 3:18pm

"Why is everyone on this board so judgmental and mean?... It makes me sad and ashamed to know that theatre has fans like that who can't just shut the **** up and understand that everyone has different tastes."

AND THEN:

"God forbid I stood here and said I think Spring Awakening is a waste of time and money and never should have been created in the first place because it disgusts me."

Judgemental. And mean. Not very understanding of people with different tastes.

"Should I mention how I think Legally Blond the musical is crap and if you think it's a brilliant musical you have the IQ of my Guinea Pig and should probably go back to high school and learn something valuable."

Judgemental. And mean. Not very understanding of people with different tastes.

Well, I think Loruh28 deserves the Hypocrite of the Day Award.

[title of show] on Broadway. it's time. believe.

SillyGirl2
#22re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 3:18pm

jake, my question is this. What is so bad about it? Why is it "not good"?

Loruh28
#23re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 3:27pm

InfiniteTheaterFrenzy <---I was making a point. Clearly you missed it. =)

jake6970
#24re: GO SEE the OFF-BROADWAY 'FRANKENSTEIN'
Posted: 11/24/07 at 3:28pm

I've never seen it so I have no idea what it's like. However, loruh was saying people are judging it because it's a small off broadway show, which is RIDICULOUS.

Videos