News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Spring Awakening breaks the mold again in 6 hours?!- Page 4

Spring Awakening breaks the mold again in 6 hours?!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#75re: Spring Awakening breaks the mold again in 6 hours?!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 5:49pm

So, here is an update....

I got my text message with the confirmation code at 4:12 this afternoon.

I put the code in on the site, and was re-directed to the Broadway Offers site (where you go to buy discount tickets through Telecharge). Once there, you put in your information, and then you can actually select your seats (maximum of 2) just as you normally would be able to. So, I would guess they are using this as a way to get rid of unsold tickets. But, you can choose the section of the theater you want, and when the seats come up, you have the option to decline and search again. Not bad.

However, here's where they lost me. When you go to purchase the tickets, what they have not told you up to this point, is that they're going to add all of the telecharge fees on to the cost of the ticket. That means an additional $9.50. So, the tickets actually cost about $50.00, not $40.00. So, a bit of false advertising on their part, and that annoyed me. Perhaps, however, that's a bug, and they'll work that out.

$50.00 tickets still isn't bad, but it's not what was advertised.

I took a pass, tonight, though.

FWIW, the seats I was offered were M6, K7, P109 in the orchestra. Not bad seats.

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 6/16/08 at 5:52pm

Updated On: 5/4/09 at 05:52 PM

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#77re: Spring Awakening breaks the mold again in 6 hours?!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 5:55pm

Weren't they supposed to text you by 3 pm? I'm just wondering if this is actually worth it, especially since I would have to take a 1.5 hour train ride into the city...

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#78re: Spring Awakening breaks the mold again in 6 hours?!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 5:57pm

On days when the show is at 8 PM, you were supposed to have gotten it by 4:00 PM, so they were 12 minutes late.

Patash Profile Photo
Patash
#79re: Spring Awakening breaks the mold again in 6 hours?!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 6:29pm

Damn, if more shows start doing this, I just may have to break down and get me one of those f*****g cell phone things!

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 6/16/08 at 6:31pm

Updated On: 5/4/09 at 06:31 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#81re: Spring Awakening breaks the mold again in 6 hours?!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 6:58pm

Frankly, I think it's something that should be applauded, and more shows should do it. It makes a lot of sense to sell unsold seats at a discount in the hours before a show, rather than have them go empty.

shh282 Profile Photo
shh282
#82re: Spring Awakening breaks the mold again in 6 hours?!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 7:29pm

Adam wouldn't the hurt shows to some extent? because people would then say why should we buy tickets in advanced when we can get them discounted on the day of?

LePetiteFromage
Posted: 6/16/08 at 7:31pm

Updated On: 5/4/09 at 07:31 PM

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#84re: Spring Awakening breaks the mold again in 6 hours?!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 7:32pm

There probably would be a percentage of people who did that, you're right.

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#85re: Spring Awakening breaks the mold again in 6 hours?!
Posted: 6/16/08 at 7:41pm

This is an incredible idea. Seriously.

I love it.

Videos