pixeltracker

Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia Movie- Page 4

Pierce Brosnan in Mama Mia Movie

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#75re: Pierce Brosnan & now Colin Firth Movie
Posted: 7/30/08 at 3:16pm

The only cast changing i would do for the Movie was Dominic Cooper.

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

Sally Profile Photo
Sally
#76re: Pierce Brosnan
Posted: 8/3/08 at 5:52pm

When I saw the movie, nobody laughed at his singing. The friends I was with and the rest of the audience seemed to be having a good time. So was I. Maybe Middle America isn't as picky.

I haven't seen the stage Mama Mia so I didn't have an emotional attachment to the original. I think the "character singing" comments make sense.

I could contrast my attitude toward Brosnan in Mama Mia with how I felt about Gerard Butler in the Phantom movie. I've seen several Phantoms who could really sing, and maybe Schumacher and Webber thought the Phantom should sound like Butler, but I didn't. The *character* in that show is supposed to be an "angel of music" or close enough to make it seem like it.

hox
#77re: Pierce Brosnan
Posted: 8/3/08 at 7:58pm

I just feel it is sad to take a MUSICAL and cast people who aren't singers only actors. Im sure there were plenty of singers/actors who can act who would have loved to have been in this movie. I wonder about the other musicals that are to be made into movies (Wicked, Aida). Someone wouldnt be cast in a Broadway musical if they could only carry a tune.I don't know at least every show I've seen(over 30)the singers were great singers AND great actors. Everyone is intitled to their own opinion I know.

hox
#78re: Pierce Brosnan
Posted: 8/3/08 at 8:00pm

I just feel it is sad to take a MUSICAL and cast people who aren't singers only actors. Im sure there were plenty of singers/actors who can act who would have loved to have been in this movie. I wonder about the other musicals that are to be made into movies (Wicked, Aida). Someone wouldnt be cast in a Broadway musical if they could only carry a tune.I don't know at least every show I've seen(over 30)the singers were great singers AND great actors. Everyone is intitled to their own opinion I know.

Timmer
#79re: Pierce Brosnan
Posted: 8/4/08 at 2:37pm

"Christopher Plummer can't really sing, either, but his performance was SO moving and real."

Neitehr could Rex Harrison, really. Harrison and Plummer found techniques to hide that fact. Brosnan wasn't able to hide it completely, though he's better singing opposite Streep than in the other numbers he attempts to sing.

brad3 Profile Photo
brad3
#80re: Pierce Brosnan
Posted: 8/4/08 at 4:45pm

He did a fine job with the singing.
People just have to make a big deal out of every little thing.

Timmer
#81re: Pierce Brosnan
Posted: 8/5/08 at 12:26am

Let's face it -- I sing better than Brosnan.

thevolleyballer
#82re: Pierce Brosnan
Posted: 8/5/08 at 1:26am

Face it, folks. The real reason behind the Hairspray sequel is to remedy the damage done to movie musicals by Pierce Brosnan's performance in Mamma Mia.

Videos