pixeltracker

Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording- Page 4

Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#75re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
Posted: 10/14/08 at 6:45pm

<< I wouldn't be surprised if tickets sales climbed with the coming tourist season.

>>

Numbers not great this past week, but I totally agree with you about the show doing well with the coming tourist season.

I dont know... maybe, its the "glass half-full" person in me, but the shows seems like it would do well during the holidays.

Maybe its the "snow scene" !!!?? :))

From what I read, the backers have pretty deep pockets, so hopefully they will keep it running. I have seen it 3x now, and each time the audience response has been great. People that I have referred the show to have loved it !!

maddiem
#76re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
Posted: 10/14/08 at 7:27pm

I saw the show for the 2nd time last night.. I just love it so much.. I sm just so moved by this show even more so then the first time I was there..

JillS
#77re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
Posted: 10/15/08 at 1:12am

Testing, Maddiem, Pharmer, Gunn, All you guys and gals - Thanks! Seriously. The fact that people like you appreciate the show makes it so much easier to weather the knocks and slams of those who don't. re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording

JillS
#78re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
Posted: 10/15/08 at 1:12am

Testing, Maddiem, Pharmer, Gunn, All you guys and gals - Thanks! Seriously. The fact that people like you appreciate the show makes it so much easier to weather the knocks and slams of those who don't. re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording

pharmer2000 Profile Photo
pharmer2000
#79re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
Posted: 10/15/08 at 3:09pm

Jill, no problem! I just wanted to add that friends of mine, fellow BWW posters, have also seen and loved the show multiple times. My Third time back, I brought my former High School English teacher/musical theatre director and she loved it as well. She in turn recommended the show to one of her colleagues and they are now taking an entire school group to see A Tale of Two Cities in early December. Your show has so much to be appreciated on so many different levels, not only regarding theatre production value, but also to inspire us to observe and think about history, the human condition, and classic literature in a truly exciting way...right before our eyes! This anonymous venue gives me the opportunity to express my positive opinion about your show to a broad audiance, but I am truly honored that I had the opportunity to meet you, and your cast members, in person after a preview performance and tell you all how much I loved the show in person.
All my best,
Pharmer2000

To all who have not seen A Tale of Two Cities yet, go see it! It really is a great show with a lot of heart told in the classic style of Broadway Musical Theatre

Updated On: 10/15/08 at 03:09 PM

Testing1232
#80re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
Posted: 10/15/08 at 8:04pm

I second that !! You are very welcome, Jill !

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#81re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:54pm

You know what I would do? Since it would probably be easier to get a distributor if it was a single disc release they should fill up a single CD with as much material as they can and then have the rest of the reprises and songs that don't make the CD available to download on itunes. That's what The Pirate Queen should have done and I don't think anybody ever has. It would be neat for the fans that want the full score. If I had a couple hundred thousand dollars I'd do it myself.

winston89 Profile Photo
winston89
#82re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
Posted: 10/16/08 at 4:59pm

The Pirate Queen cast album was a single disc. There were two bonus tracks that were instrumental songs (The Storm and Son of the Irish seas) that you can download off Itunes.

The storm is a good example of putting an extra bit of music from the show as a bonus track. It was used as backround music during the show whereas son of the irish seas wasn't.

"If you try to shag my husband while I am still alive, I will shove the art of motorcycle maintenance up your rancid little Cu**. That's a good dear" Tom Stoppard's Rock N Roll

CATSNYrevival
#83re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
Posted: 10/16/08 at 5:06pm

Right, but they did not have the rest of the score that went unrecorded available to download. That's what I would have done.

ca_muzikgurl
#84re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
Posted: 10/17/08 at 1:58pm

Having seen the show in Florida and on Broadway, I will be very disappointed if there is not an OBC. The cast is excellent and it would be a shame if their efforts are not preserved.
I am amazed that "JillS" even posts here. The woman has a show on Broadway, a feat none of us can claim, and she takes the time to respond to the haters and supporters. I am also amazed that posters here would spend so much time slamming this show. Surely there is a cause for good that could use your time, such as volunteering at a homeless shelter or helping little children learn to tie their shoes.

Testing1232
#85re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
Posted: 10/17/08 at 2:54pm

Revisited last night. Was excellent !! Cant think of a better number (at least, for me, personally) than "I Can't Recall" on Broadway right now. Barbour's voice is simply amazing !!

CATSNYrevival
#86re: Tale of Two Cities Broadway Cast Recording
Posted: 10/17/08 at 4:31pm

I've had "You'll Never Be Alone" stuck in my head all day today. It's beautiful.

Videos