Mean Girls to close

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#100Mean Girls to close
Posted: 9/3/21 at 3:31pm

JGPR2 said: "Sad to see any show close but it is not surprising."

Do we think Mean Girls has potential to return to Broadway? They're going back on tour soon-ish, it seems. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#101Mean Girls to close
Posted: 9/3/21 at 3:46pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "JGPR2 said: "Sad to see any show close but it is not surprising."

Do we think Mean Girls has potential to return to Broadway? They're going back on tour soon-ish, it seems.
"

The tour resumes November 2nd in Tempe, Arizona. And no, it will probably not return to Broadway, but the announced film remake based on the musical might just happen...

Oh look, a bibu!

JSquared2
#102Mean Girls to close
Posted: 9/3/21 at 4:02pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "JGPR2 said: "Sad to see any show close but it is not surprising."

"

Yes I hear they are taking the Majestic as soon as Phantom finishes load-out next week.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#103Mean Girls to close
Posted: 9/3/21 at 4:12pm

Jordan Levinson said: "Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "JGPR2 said: "Sad to see any show close but it is not surprising."

"

The tour resumesNovember 2nd in Tempe, Arizona. And no, it will probably not return to Broadway, but the announced film remake based on the musical might just happen...
"

Ah thanks for the update! I had been looking at their Instagram and wondering.

Lunalaaaaaaaa
#104Mean Girls to close
Posted: 9/3/21 at 4:37pm

Dollypop said: "Friends in the business tell me PHANTOM will be the next to shutter."

This is what I was referring to but mods deleted my post. So.

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#105Mean Girls to close
Posted: 9/6/21 at 6:03pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Dollypop said: "Friends in the business tell me PHANTOM will be the next to shutter."

"

Why Phantom over anything else? It seems so deeply embedded into Broadway at this point that it's a tourist trap. I'd be more likely to think one of the Disney ventures would go first

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#106Mean Girls to close
Posted: 9/6/21 at 6:03pm

Lunalaaaaaaaa said: "Dollypop said: "Friends in the business tell me PHANTOM will be the next to shutter."

"

Why Phantom over anything else? It seems so deeply embedded into Broadway at this point that it's a tourist trap. I'd be more likely to think one of the Disney ventures would go first

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#107Mean Girls to close
Posted: 9/6/21 at 6:11pm

Things that cannot be confirmed and are just rumors heard on the internet are not evidence of anything. If Phantom does similar numbers the way it has always done, it won't be closing...jesus, probably ever. 

soulmistin Profile Photo
soulmistin
#108Mean Girls to close
Posted: 9/6/21 at 10:54pm

Sutton Ross said: "Things that cannot be confirmed and are just rumors heard on the internet are not evidence of anything. If Phantom does similar numbers the way it has always done, it won't be closing...jesus, probably ever."

That's what I thought, it just seems very random for a consistently performing Broadway staple to close now, rather than mid-pandemic. 

Videos