News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JSquared2

Member Name: JSquared2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jul 24 2024, 05:55:19 PM

Broadway Flash said: "I hear they’re auditioning drag queens for some of the strippers and also Lea delaria"

They're auditioning drag queens to play Lea DeLaria??

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 24 2024, 01:07:46 PM

Kad said: "It’s intriguing casting but I’m not entirely sure how it’ll shake out, box office wise. I assume Lambert has a dedicated fan base that will turn out but I’m not sure aboutCravalho being a big draw- people certainly know Moana but they may not know her, specifically. Regardless, I think it’s telling they went with 2 sort of B-list names rather than one A-lister in one of the roles."

In what univer

Nick Jonas and Adrienne Warren to star in THE LAST FIVE YEARS Broadway Revival
 Jul 22 2024, 11:32:29 AM

Truly insane pricing.  I'll wait.. There will be PLENTY of discounts for this one.

2024 Kennedy Center Honors
 Jul 18 2024, 04:07:31 PM

Another missed opportunity who should have been recognized decades ago...

Bob Newhart RIP

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 18 2024, 01:48:29 PM

ColorTheHours048 said: "Mandy Gonzalez will be the Norma alternate."

Looks like the Sweaty dude was wrong again!

2024 Kennedy Center Honors
 Jul 18 2024, 11:50:21 AM

Cue the "But what about Liza" contingent!

Seriously though -- what ABOUT Liza??

2024-2025 Broadway Season
 Jul 18 2024, 11:46:25 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Doubt the N2N run could be THAT short given the expected budget for a Broadway transfer.

Is the intention to transfer the entire British cast, or replace with some Americans? I recall some complaints here about Jamie Parker's performance.

And, as always, even a producer as prominent as David Stone does not get to choose his theater. This show could play well in any Shubert playhouse. It's all a matter of scheduling and the

THE OUTSIDERS Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 Jul 18 2024, 11:32:08 AM

JayElle said: "Any truth to the entire cast missing on a Sunday matinee per a B'way Facebook post?

Are the 2 leads done?
"

No.

No.

Cheyenne Jackson & Kevin Cahoon starring in Pasadena Playhouse's LA CAGE, directed by Sam Pinkleton
 Jul 17 2024, 05:43:23 PM

This NEEDS to come to Broadway!

Shorts in the theater
 Jul 11 2024, 05:45:54 PM

n2nbaby said: "MasterThespian 2 said: "The slobification of America continues. Why stop at shorts? Make sure you also wear flip flops and a tank top."

Oh, bite me. I do day trips from Syracuse for 2-3 show days and I’m gone for a full 24 hours. If it is 80-100 degrees out, you damn well believe I’m wearing a tank top and shorts for my own comfort. Judge me if you’d like, but you paid for a performance - not was other patrons are wearing

BroadwayWorld Announces Summer Madness Bracket - Best Musical: Losers Edition
 Jul 11 2024, 05:42:02 PM

Matilda can not be allowed to beat Dreamgirls!

Is Broadway quieter during the Jewish holidays?
 Jul 11 2024, 12:15:58 AM

Broadway Flash said: "I know the city slows down during Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, is it easier to get tickets during this time? I’m trying to plan something with a friend for October, I’m wandering if the shows will be on TDF."

If you ever meet a Jew someday, ask them? 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jul 9 2024, 08:18:06 PM

TotallyEffed said: "You make a lot of fair points but you also have to admit that the difference between $2,000 a week and $50,000 is pretty staggering.

Even retail workers get a bonus or commission when a certain budget is hit. If they can charge $1,500 a ticket I think the whole cast making Equity minimum should get a bonus.
"

Going by that logic —- would it also be OK to ask all cast members to take a pay cut when a show is unde

City Center’s MATTRESS transferring to Broadway this summer
 Jul 8 2024, 09:56:31 PM

terrilovesNY said: "I am extremely disappointed and frustrated that theticket I bought during presale is now listed $30 cheaper (front row balcony) and the entire theatre pricing seems to have been restructured as I’m lookingat tickets tonight for shows during previews. I know Broadwayis a business and certainly prices could have increased after today’s announcement, I’ve just not experienced this type of pricing change in all the years I’ve attended Broadway

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jul 8 2024, 03:55:44 PM

Broadway Flash said: "They cut the endings of a lot of the songs to accommodate the ballroom. All you have is underscoring while the cats are competing in front of the judges. this was the case with most of the numbers."

I was watching old SNL skits when suddenly.. : r/DunderMifflin

OH, MARY! Previews
 Jul 8 2024, 01:40:12 PM

Impeach2017 said: "Will the critics be as kind this time around. I am sensing a possible disturbance in the force."

Why wouldn't they?  It's the exact same production a few months later.  

Sorry, but your post is kind of "Broadway Flash" level dumb.

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way To the Forum film
 Jul 8 2024, 01:14:35 PM

Broadway Flash said: "The way to do it is to not shy away from the misogyny. You’ve got the shrill wife, the dumb blonde, and the prostitutes being sold to the men. The funny moments are when it’s not PC.the dirty men are objectifying the women literally the entire time; trying to buy them, sleep with them, marry them. You’ve also got the slave trying to get his freedom. If you’re soft, this is not the show for you. I wouldn’t want to see this nonsense w

Broadway Real Estate 2024-25
 Jul 8 2024, 01:13:52 PM

Yes, ELF at the Marquis this holiday season is the rumor -- and Josh Gad just went live on IG to say that he'll have a big announcement tomorrow morning -- so it seems to be happening.

Jul 8 2024, 12:49:19 PM

There was also a very well-received all male production done at Williamstown that was directed by Jessica Stone (and starred her husband, Chris Fitzgerald as Pseudolus) that was heavily rumored to transfer to NYC.  The cast also included Bryce Pinkham, David Turner, Kevin Cahoon and Josh Grisetti. It would be great to see that one come back to life (now that Jessica is a hot A-list director).

https://wtfestival.org/main-events/funny-thing-happened-on-the-way-to-the-forum-a-3/

Jul 8 2024, 11:31:18 AM

The film is pretty terrible -- but still worth watching for the performances of Zero Mostel, Jack Gilford and Phil Silvers.  They cut most of the songs.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You