News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JSquared2

Member Name: JSquared2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

NINE & BYE BYE BIRDIE at Kennedy Center - Cast?  Apr 16 2024, 06:27:35 PM

BorisTomashevsky said: "JSquared2 said: "NOWaWarning said: "I’d love for Santino Fontana to get another crack at it."

He was pretty terrible in it when he did the one-night concert for Transport Group last year.

Karen Akers, on the other hand, was STILL a fantastic Luisa!

"

Santino was indeed shockingly bad in the part. The role has enough laissez-faire in the writing. And then we got

NINE & BYE BYE BIRDIE at Kennedy Center - Cast?  Apr 16 2024, 05:38:39 PM

NOWaWarning said: "I’d love for Santino Fontana to get another crack at it."

He was pretty terrible in it when he did the one-night concert for Transport Group last year.

Karen Akers, on the other hand, was STILL a fantastic Luisa!

2024 Tony Awards  Apr 15 2024, 04:47:24 PM

And somehow every time someone calls out "Broadway Flash" -- then THOSE posts are deleted.  Hmmmm...

Lempicka's Fashion @Opening Night  Apr 15 2024, 04:31:34 PM

muscle23ftl said: "MemorableUserName said: "If you want to share this message with them, it might be best to reach out on social media. I doubt the casts or creatives of any show would benefit from reading message boards, and I hope they're not reading this one."

Several Broadway stars have sent me private messages through BWW for your information.
"

YARN | Oh, please, Blanche. | The Golden Girls (1985) - S01E14 That Was No Lady | Video gifs by quotes | 9769b40c | 紗

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 13 2024, 07:16:11 PM

thirtythirtyninety said: "Caught the matinee today ( from the front row!) based on the incredible recommendations on this board, and I absolutely adored this show!

I only wish there were more songs in the second half, but I could have sat there rapt for another 3 hours at least!

Side note: it's fun to realize that Kendall Roy and his beleaguered assistant Jess are both currently dazzling on the Great White Way!
"

Kendall Roy’s ex-

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 12 2024, 11:31:26 AM

Theatrefanboy1 said: "With the 29$ million price tag. Obviously they must have a plan once Eddie leaves in august after only five months. I’m curious who people think they have in line for emcee or sally.
I’m wondering if it’ll be big names like: TImothee Chalamet, Austin Butler, Chris pine, Harry Styles…

and: Emma Watson or Margot Robbie…

any idea of who you think they’ll be casting?
"

The

Patti LuPone Will Return to Broadway in THE ROOMMATE Opposite Mia Farrow  Apr 11 2024, 03:19:48 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "No interest in this snooze property of a play paired with two histrionic actresses. Mia is long past her acting prime in my opinion. Again, just my opinion, so don’t crucify me.

I can’t even imagine the inflated prices they will be charging for this so called event. I wonder if they will even get along. Both require a lot of attention.
"

But not as much attention as you require, apparently.

THE OUTSIDERS Broadway Previews  Apr 10 2024, 02:50:18 PM

BETTY22 said: "Angelina has approval over ALL opening night press. Several outlets have been denied."

Sorry -- but that is bullsh*t.  You need better sources.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/7/24  Apr 9 2024, 05:55:49 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "Jarethan said: "A question. Even with DR out of Merrily, it sold out and had the fourth highest average ticket price. i am still assuming that it will win tony awards for Revival, Director, Actor and Supporting Actor at a minimum. I doubt that LM will win, based on her attendance track record. Coming fresh off of multiple Tony awards and (presumably) and entirely sold out run, doesn't it make sense to announce an extension around now. i would imagine th

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway  Apr 9 2024, 11:04:39 AM

CurtainsUpat8 said: "I am not writing this to be obnoxious. It's my honest view. Can we please have a one year moratorium on anything Sondheim?
I have seen almost every original cast since Night Music. I love him as much as everyone. Let's move forward.
"

Or here's another idea...maybe you could just not go??  Sorry but that's my honest view.

PATRIOTS Previews  Apr 1 2024, 12:14:17 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "As a former New Yorker, if getting a rock thrown at my back is considered an “attack” then I can easily say I’ve experienced countless assassination attempts during my 7 years in NYC."

Really??  I've lived here 40+ years and it has never happened to me -- but if it ever does, I would most certainly consider it an attack.  If it happened to you "countless times" in just 7 years -- I think it&

PATRIOTS Previews  Mar 31 2024, 09:01:28 PM

Jonathan Cohen said: "Without diminishing what could well be a very insightful play, asking people to spend money on a play about Putin, while we still can't escape him on the nightly news is kind of a hard sell for me."

I'm pretty sure Putin doesn't get a royalty -- so I don't get the reasoning here? Is he made out to be a misunderstood hero in the play?

Maybe you and the "anti monarchy" guy should start a cover band?

Titanic Musical Based on Movie 1997  Mar 31 2024, 08:55:22 PM

Wow, this place has really gone to sh*t and the children have taken over...

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews  Mar 31 2024, 02:13:45 AM

They might as well go ahead and engrave Eddie Redmayne’s and Bebe Neuwirth’s names on Tonys. 

Who performs at the Tony Awards? (predictions)  Mar 30 2024, 01:03:02 PM

I’m guessing that every new musical that’s still running (and that can afford to pay for it) will perform on the Tonys —even if it’s not nominated for Best Musical or Revival. No closed show will perform. It’s the best (maybe only)shot some of these underperforming shows will have to make a splash. 

HEART OF ROCK & ROLL to open on Broadway this season?  Mar 29 2024, 03:27:54 PM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "GoldenGiggery said: "BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Truly bonkers that Gutenberg had to give up the Jones for this..."

That's not what happened though. They were offered the chance to extend, but Josh Gad decided not to, so they stuck with the original close.
"

Yes they could have extended at most two weeks due to the load-in and load out schedule which he felt wasn't worth it but there was absolu

HELL'S KITCHEN Previews  Mar 28 2024, 11:33:45 AM

If anyone has done the in-person rush, are the seats in the balcony?

Merrily Attendance - Spring 2024  Mar 27 2024, 01:10:22 PM

Maybe the creepy poster who keeps track here of every absence will now provide daily updates on every aspect of the pregnancy -- thinks like how many baby weight pounds she has gained, when her gyno appointments are scheduled -- right up to how many minutes apart the contractions are and how many centimeters she's dialated??

DeBose to host the 77th Annual Tony Awards (2024) at Lincoln Center  Mar 27 2024, 01:04:03 PM

Fordham2015 said: "It's nice to have a host who actually likes the art being celebrated, unlike Kimmel with the Oscars."

Wha???

Hamilton On Broadway 10th Anniversary  Mar 26 2024, 05:14:31 PM

The ability to stream the OBC production on Disney+ sort of negates the need for any sort or cast reunion.  

Plus I doubt many of the cast are longing to "reunite" with (you know who).

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You