News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JSquared2

Member Name: JSquared2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/5/24  May 7 2024, 10:40:17 PM

rosscoe(au) said: "Of course Back To TheFuture is one of the worst musicals ever."

Oh my, what a sheltered life you've lived.  Is it high art -- no.  Is it well-made and entertaining as hell -- yes!

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 4 2024, 02:08:38 PM

gibsons2 said: "hork said: "Matt Rogers said: "Does anyone dislike this thing or is justtotal love? I recently saw it and my opinion definitely does not match theraves posted here or from the critics."

I wouldn’t say I disliked it, per se, but I definitely didn’t like it. It felt like a weird pantomimed production of Godspell a lot of the time.
"

I felt I was at some sort of dance school finals or something, not a

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 4 2024, 02:03:42 PM

Listener said: "Is Mezzanine Front Right, seat 28 a good view?

Hearingthat someone had a left side seat 25that was an obstructed view and caused themto miss certain moments makes me wonder...

Thanks for the advice from those who've sat in that area!
"

a)  It would be helpful if you tell us which row(s) you're asking about.  Almost every row in every section has a "seat 25" and a "seat 28".

b)  You can go to A View From My Seat and see exactly what the sightlines are from those locations.

https://aviewfrommyseat.com/venue/St.+James+Theatre/

Cast of Frasier  May 1 2024, 09:24:26 PM

At one point during its Broadway run it was rumored that Kelsey, DHP and John Mahoney would do a limited run in ART. That would have been wonderful! 

FLAHOOLEY Revival?  May 1 2024, 09:18:37 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "Apparently, there was a Telecharge leak with a listing forFlahooleyat the Vivian Beaumont. Anyone else hear about this?"

Someone at Telecharge/Shubert has a great sense of humor and is f*cking with you, Taff.  Glad to see that you took the bait!

Did you know that the word “gullible” is missing in the Oxford Dictionary? 

OH MARY! Officially Transferring to Lyceum Theatre this Summer - 12 Weeks  Apr 26 2024, 11:00:04 AM

yyys said: "so this show qualifies for the next Tony season?!"

Depends on whether they invite the Tony voters -- they may not want to waste the tickets for this short limited run on chasing awards that won't mean anything to them (financially, at least).

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 25 2024, 05:13:32 PM

VintageSnarker said: "Well, one reason to get there early is that some people are furious with you if they have to get up to allow you to get to your seat. I still rarely get there more than 20 minutes before show time but I've become accustomed to the glares."

I find that it's practically Newton's Law that the couple who are sitting on the aisle are there when the house opens -- and the couple sitting dead center (and ESPECIALLY in the firs

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 24 2024, 05:28:56 PM

jv92 said: "The security and house staff at Nederlander and Jujamcyn houses have been obnoxious and overbearing for years. This is nothing terribly new.Surly, ill-tempered and ill-prepared. I can't say the same thing about the same people that work at Shubert houses.

At this point, I avoid those line situations like the plague if I can (easier to do now without the Covid checks-- which were, of course, necessary at the time), and if I'm treated poorly, I give it ri

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 24 2024, 05:22:23 PM

Jarethan said: "JoeW4 said: "It's an interesting question -- I'd be curious to hear from people who have been attending Broadway shows for many decades, to hear theories about what might have caused a change, if there's been one. Because it seems to me that the hardest things about this process -- having to shepherd a large number of people into a confined space with assigned seats, in a short amount of time -- has theoretically stayed the exact same for however

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 24 2024, 01:10:56 PM

Wick3 said: "Also, what's sometimes confusing is the EXIT sign. In some theaters, there is an EXIT door on one wall but we aren't allowed to use it at all and have to exit on the other end of the theater after the show (Jacobs for example.)

The red neon EXIT signs are required by law in all public spaces -- they need to show every possible way to exit (not just the "preferred" exit stations.  In case of an emergency, people will need to

Celebs on Stage 2024/5 season  Apr 23 2024, 05:15:57 PM

EDSOSLO858 said: "BroadwayGuy12 said: "EDSOSLO858 said:

• Joe Jonas (The Last Five Years)
  • Nick Jonas (tick, tick… BOOM!)

I feel like I need to be caught up on something.
    "

They’re valid rumors I heard a few weeks ago before the Oracle effectively confirmed it."

&nb

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews  Apr 23 2024, 05:09:05 PM

Springtime said: "Strange Lupone said: "Anyone have a current total of how many performances Mendez has missed thus far? The other board is suggesting it’s 40. But it has to be close to 60, no?"

53 out so far.
"

I notice you've stopped your running tally of LM absences?  Could that be because she's been appearing pretty regularly?  

'

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?  Apr 23 2024, 05:03:48 PM

But, I do wonder if there are adjustments that could be made? Opening the theatre one hour before? There are occasions where I have waited across the street until ten minutes before the performance, and just walk right in, and often, the culture seems less frenetic.

You appear to have solved your own problem.  Don't arrive an hour early -- everyone has an assigned seat -- it's not first come, first served. There is no reason to be there "early&q

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall  Apr 19 2024, 01:15:51 PM

If I were placing bets -- a few guesses on who sings what...

Buddy's Blues - Norbert Leo Butz

I'm Still Here - Christine Ebersole

Who's That Woman - Jennifer Holiday

Could I Leave You -- Donna Murphy (or maybe she'll do Lucy and Jessie?)

Broadway Baby - Klea Blackhurst

Carolee will do a Phyllis song and Rachel Bay Jones will do a Sally song.

Len Cariou as Dmitri Weissman

HELL'S KITCHEN Previews  Apr 18 2024, 06:28:18 PM

NotOnSugarMountain said: "And as a working musician, Ali’s dad has to hustle for work and travel to wherever the work is. It's a wonder he can show up as much as he does! At least a pilot or flight attendant who will be gone a lot on overnights has steady work. A working artist's life – as we all know – is ten times harder and more stressful."

Broadway Flash -- is that you??

NINE & BYE BYE BIRDIE at Kennedy Center - Cast?  Apr 16 2024, 06:27:35 PM

BorisTomashevsky said: "JSquared2 said: "NOWaWarning said: "I’d love for Santino Fontana to get another crack at it."

He was pretty terrible in it when he did the one-night concert for Transport Group last year.

Karen Akers, on the other hand, was STILL a fantastic Luisa!

"

Santino was indeed shockingly bad in the part. The role has enough laissez-faire in the writing. And then we got

NINE & BYE BYE BIRDIE at Kennedy Center - Cast?  Apr 16 2024, 05:38:39 PM

NOWaWarning said: "I’d love for Santino Fontana to get another crack at it."

He was pretty terrible in it when he did the one-night concert for Transport Group last year.

Karen Akers, on the other hand, was STILL a fantastic Luisa!

2024 Tony Awards  Apr 15 2024, 04:47:24 PM

And somehow every time someone calls out "Broadway Flash" -- then THOSE posts are deleted.  Hmmmm...

Lempicka's Fashion @Opening Night  Apr 15 2024, 04:31:34 PM

muscle23ftl said: "MemorableUserName said: "If you want to share this message with them, it might be best to reach out on social media. I doubt the casts or creatives of any show would benefit from reading message boards, and I hope they're not reading this one."

Several Broadway stars have sent me private messages through BWW for your information.
"

YARN | Oh, please, Blanche. | The Golden Girls (1985) - S01E14 That Was No Lady | Video gifs by quotes | 9769b40c | 紗

STEREOPHONIC Previews  Apr 13 2024, 07:16:11 PM

thirtythirtyninety said: "Caught the matinee today ( from the front row!) based on the incredible recommendations on this board, and I absolutely adored this show!

I only wish there were more songs in the second half, but I could have sat there rapt for another 3 hours at least!

Side note: it's fun to realize that Kendall Roy and his beleaguered assistant Jess are both currently dazzling on the Great White Way!
"

Kendall Roy’s ex-

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You