pixeltracker

Dee to Depart Wicked JAN- Page 5

Dee to Depart Wicked JAN

snowskittle
#100re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 6:58pm

"....Plus, the standbys often go on biweekly (at least!) for one or more performances, because, as Julia Murney once stated, Elphabas HAVE to rest here and there. Wouldn't it look so much better if they didn't have an understudy listing for their lead almost once a week?!"

I soooo agree with this. Put the standby on for 2 or 3 shows per week. Give those singers a vocal rest and give the standbys and understudies a chance.

Maybe, if Wicked is listening (and I'm sure they're not) we might get double Elphabas the next time there's a cast change.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#101re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 8:03pm

This vocal debacle brings up Phantom... how long did it take for Christine to have an alternate.

Since they opened on Broadway...

HBP Profile Photo
HBP
#102re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 8:13pm

ok, just to be clear, i was being 100% sarcastic with the beauty pageant winner newsflash. i was reading this ridiculously clueless thread when a commercial came on for a diabetes diet cookbook so i thought i'd be funny. apologies to those who thought i might be offering real information. i just think people are getting a little crazy about this - and i think it should be pretty clear right now that we can't believe anything ANYONE says in this thread unless they cite an actual source. as of right now, we have about five conflicting people 'in the know'. let's just wait it out, folks.

:)

mywonderwa11 Profile Photo
mywonderwa11
#103re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/13/09 at 8:15pm

inick - Patti Cohenour was the original alternate to Sarah Brightman's Christine. I believe Patti went on twice a week; Thursday nights and Saturday matinees. Rebecca Luker was the original Christine understudy.

"Somethin's comin', I don't know what it is but it is gonna be great!"

Pianist3912
#104re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/16/09 at 9:54pm

Any news updates? My boyfriend called the Gershwin today and the staff not only said that they had no idea about Dee leaving anytime in January, but that she had only started "a month ago." :-S Obviously, they have no clue at all.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#105re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/16/09 at 10:01pm

Why should the box office know? That's not their job.

Pianist3912
#106re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/16/09 at 10:23pm

True, but I found it striking that they even thought she had only been there for a month.

BwayBoundJoe Profile Photo
BwayBoundJoe
#107re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/16/09 at 11:54pm

My guess is the one woman from the Dixie Chicks....or Paula Dean.

Formally Stews_Bitch::: Shows in the 2010 Season for me. 101 Dalmations tour - Jan 24th, Xanadu Tour - Mar 9th and 10th, Wicked - May 14th, Legally Blonde - June 12th:::::::Upcoming - South Pacific, Young Frankinstein (Two Cities) Rock of Ages (Two Cities) Shrek (3 Cities) Les Mis, DreamGirls, Spring Awakening, Color Purple, and 9 to 5!

erinrebecca
#108re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/16/09 at 11:58pm

I don't know what is going on there but Julie was back on again tonight.

Elphaba3 Profile Photo
Elphaba3
#109re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/17/09 at 12:28am

Yeah, I've always wondered why Paula Deen has never played Elphaba. re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#110re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/17/09 at 12:57am

No, no, no.

Suzanne Somers has signed on to be the next Elphaba.

bwaycomposer Profile Photo
bwaycomposer
#111re: Dee to Depart Wicked JAN
Posted: 12/17/09 at 1:28pm

I heard she is doing Bobby Cronin's musical The Beaten Path in January.

Videos