pixeltracker

SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th- Page 5

SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#100SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/20/16 at 4:24am

I wish, but unfortuntaly the situation for these 2 shows are wildly different.

She Loves Me is produced by non-profit with different financial considerations from a commercial production. Live-Streaming this gorgeous production they put on also advertises Roundabout a whole, hopefully making people want to see their future shows, perhaps even buy into a subscription. She Loves Me has also been a financial success, making over 600k in recent weeks.

Bright Star on the other hand didn't make the producers/investors any money from their investment back, and on top of that them additional money every week of their run (except perhaps the last). How could they possibly justify spending more money on having it filmed?

We're lucky most producers budget the costs for a cast recording from the get-go these days, and we got that at least! Bright Star will live on though, I think it will go on tour and have a nice life in regional theater afterwards.

If we see more of these live streams it will be, like many other people have said, be from limited runs of non-profit productions like Roundabout and perhaps Lincoln Center.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#101SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/20/16 at 4:59am

In this case, wouldn't it be Broadway HD putting out the expense? You'd think that would be part of the agreement.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#102SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/27/16 at 9:42am

I was just on Broadway HD and I noticed that Gavin Creel is not credited.  They do not say who is playing Kodaly.  Could it be possible that he won't be in the live stream?

Updated On: 6/27/16 at 09:42 AM

dissimilate
#103SHE LOVES ME To Be Live Streamed On June 30th
Posted: 6/27/16 at 10:19am

gypsy101 said: "dissimilate said: "I'm really hoping someone rips it or that it's streamed again or available on-demand later, because I live in a really inconvenient timezone (12 hours ahead of NY, so I'll be at work)."

it should be available to purchase it sounds like! also wow gmt+7, do you live in China?

"

+8, actually - I forgot about daylight savings. I’m in Singapore.

I’m glad to hear about the news that it’ll be available for a week after, and then, in a few months, put into the main library. Going to get my 9.99 ticket right now! If I’m really feeling it that day, I might also just call in sick that morning…

By the way, has anyone received their physical pre-order of the cast recording yet? I caved and bought a digital copy today. Can’t stand waiting any longer. Double-paid but I have to say it’s pretty worth it.

Videos