News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

September 1st Broadway walk out?- Page 5

September 1st Broadway walk out?

Shut It Down Profile Photo
Shut It Down
#100re: september 1st broadway walk out?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 12:52pm

I haven't really thought much about my expectations, but that nobody gets hurt.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#101re: september 1st broadway walk out?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 2:45pm

Do you think Kerry would support such an effort?

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

fae Profile Photo
fae
#102re: september 1st broadway walk out?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 3:26pm

okay...i've been watching this thread for days. here is my two cents. this sounds like a wonderful idea.... for the plot of a new broadway musical. however, reality dictates that the media will be present everywhere. have you ever trusted the media to tell the whole story? my hunch is that if shut it down actually happens, the media will suck every last ounce of negative.... and leave us looking like a bunch of "liberal nuts." please don't misunderstand, i AM a "liberal nut," but why, why why would you want to turn down the opportunity to say something profound by shutting the city down? honestly, that would only work if everyone was 100% unified... even this thread is not unified.
we've got the republicans coming to town... the media will be buzzing like flies...let's DO something. i love the idea of having a demonstration and inviting the casts to come... possibly perform and speak. i love the window tratment idea. how great would it be to see hundreds of thousands of signs posted everywhere you turn? evidently, the symbol is a W with the "no" (circle slash.)

the republican convention is two short months away from election day. let's start something and see if it can spread across the country. i just don't want to make a "pleasure move" that is isolated to this one tiny island. kill 'em with kindness.

thanks for letting me get that off my shoulders
Fae

Ocean Breeze soap. It's just like taking an ocean cruise only there's no boat and you don't go anywhere.
Updated On: 7/28/04 at 03:26 PM

Shut It Down
#103re: september 1st broadway walk out?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 5:49pm

What's a "pleasure move"? I like the sound of it anyway. I think the window treatment idea is a great one. Like all of these ideas, execution is the killer.

wonderfultown
#104re: september 1st broadway walk out?
Posted: 7/28/04 at 6:23pm

As if on cue;

Here is the site my pals made, where you can print up the W sign with the red line through it, and post it on your window. It's self-explanatory, easy, and a nice little protest too;

http://www.windowtreatmentnyc.com/

I have to say that I think shutting the whole town down, while inconvenient, is not a bad way to get the attention of the republicans and the media- I'm not talking about the Chicago '68 kind of shut down, but a more peaceful one- like a sit down strike.

It's like the blacks who sat at the bar that refused to serve them in the south. Attention must be paid!

Of course, being unemployed, I can talk a good game. But I do know, having a Republican right wing father, that nothing would bother him more than NOT getting to see 'those gays' dance and sing for his pleasure.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#105re: september 1st broadway walk out?
Posted: 7/30/04 at 10:55am

And I have the right not to patronize any establishment that posts that sign in the window.

My dollars will be spent elsewhere - and I have lots of dollars to spend - thanks to a great job that I worked hard to get and work hard to keep.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

Shut It Down
#106re: september 1st broadway walk out?
Posted: 7/30/04 at 11:43am

Its a good idea and we should definitely patronize those establishments that hang (or don't depending on your bent) the No-W sign. It is a perfect free market solution to ensure the success of progressive entrepreneurs. Plus AdGirl won't have to wait on line anywhere
Help Welcome the RNC to New York

Videos