pixeltracker

Idina Menzel: what is the appeal?- Page 5

Idina Menzel: what is the appeal?

weeblo
#100re: Idina Menzel: what is the appeal?
Posted: 9/3/04 at 11:54am

OMG Broadway Girl is that really you?

Anyway, all I know is I saw WICKED a couple of days ago and thought it was great. A very enjoyable afternoon, and was delighted there were no lead understudies at a matinee. I'm happily married so can't say I'm IN LOVE with Idina, but can say she was very appealing in the role. I watched my tape of the Tonys last night and her acceptance speech, and she seems genuine and unaffected (amidst so many "haughties" in the room). I particularly liked the line when she said "and to my husband, who tells me he loves me even when I feel like a big loser." I don't know, it just got me -- I can say the same about my wife. So, what is the appeal? She's talented, engaging, and brought at least this guy a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon that I won't soon forget, and for that I'm truly appreciative. Sometimes that's all it takes -- just a nice time -- nothing more.

LilElphaba
#101re: Idina Menzel: what is the appeal?
Posted: 12/5/04 at 12:47pm

Its hard to explain. Maybe my AOL profile could explain it better? but here goes...

I love Idina because she is a great singer and actress. She was VERY sweet to me at the stage door when i met her before the show. She loved my shirt and was talking about it backstage. She signed autographs and took pictures and she wasnt mean at all. She has an awesome voice and i cant get enough of Wicked, and all the songs on her CDs. I cant really explain it but when i hear her sing it just makes mer happy because she's my role model. Im not saying i want to do movies like "Just a Kiss" if you know what i mean But i'd like to make it as far as her someday.

I LOVE SHOSHANA BEAN.

Idina's BIGGEST fan Profile Photo
Idina's BIGGEST fan
#102re: Idina Menzel: what is the appeal?
Posted: 12/5/04 at 2:03pm

let's see why do people love Idina? that's a very tough question. There are a lot of choices. And like many people here said, she really is just a person. I mean i shouldn't be talking since I cried the minuet I saw her on stage, but that's not what I'm trying to say. In my eyes, Idina is a goddess, coming down from heaven. I mean, a lot of people say she's mean. But could you please tell me how Idina is mean when after seeing a 10-year old sing Defying Gravity, she had tears in her eyes, and when someone asked her what would get her through that week, she said that girl's performance. Is that really mean? I don't think so. And it should be understandable that she's shy. Put yourself in her place. I'm sure almost no one does. Every night after belting her heart out and sweating up a storm, she just wants to go home and rest. So when she sees everyone outside that wants autographgs, she tries to get as many as she can. It really is tough for her. No one really realizes how much work goes into that show. And how she always does her best in each show. Plus, she's a trooper. I was SO excited to see her when I went to WICKED, I memorized all the songs, got grren flowers, you know the drill. So even when she was coughing the whole show, she still had time to see me backstage and sign a couple things and take a picture. Is that heartless? She wasn't mean to me at all, and she saw how much I loved her. I mean, it must be tough, every day she sees new people that love her when she doesn't even know them. Her acting skills are amazing and her voice is just... words can't even describe. I really wish Idina could see what people write on here and how much they really care about her because I don't think she really knows. I'm a big fan of hers, I'm sure not the biggest, not a very big one. To me, she's such an inspiration and I never wanted to be an actress until I saw her. And another question, is she heartless to after my mom wrote her a letter telling her how much I love her, that she SENT MY MOM AN AUTOGRAPHED PICTURE and had time to actually fill it out herself?? I mean, it really is tough to be a celebrity. I'm sure it's not that easy. And I wish Idina could really see what I'm writing because I'm writing from my heart. I never really admired someone as much as I do her. Before I went to WICKED, I'd cry in my room thinking I'd never get to see her. To me, she really is a true role model. And I really hope she knows that. And like Danielle[LilElphaba] said, it's not like we're going to grow up and shoot a movie like Just A Kiss; but it's that she can do things like that, while she's known to be shy and insecure. I just think she really is amazing.

~*DeFy GrAvItY*~

Idina's BIGGEST fan Profile Photo
Idina's BIGGEST fan
#103re: Idina Menzel: what is the appeal?
Posted: 12/5/04 at 2:04pm

by the way, i'm not expecting people to read all that. Just to let you guys know.

~*DeFy GrAvItY*~

jmaclover Profile Photo
jmaclover
#104re: Idina Menzel: what is the appeal?
Posted: 12/5/04 at 2:06pm

Why are we bringing up Ancient History?

"I've often said I should put sweets in my chair - they'd spend less time on my a** that way....." ~F.W.B.

LilElphaba
#105re: Idina Menzel: what is the appeal?
Posted: 12/5/04 at 2:13pm

Well said Heather! I think that really comes from the both of us, the part about her being a true role model and what not. After all She HAS been doing this for a while and STILL comes out to see all the fans and sign autographs 8 times a week. Wouldnt you think she's had enough of it? WEll i bet she has but she doesnt like to dissappoint fans. After all she is going through, she STILL had time to take a picture and talk with me before the show, even though she was runnning late. She STILL had time to sign everyones autographs after the show. And when a girl ran through the crowd after Idina started walking away the girl screamed "wait Idina! Can you sign 1 more thing!" Idina came all the way back to sign the girls CD. She is truly a nice person and even if she has bad days, which she DOES because, well we all do She still pulls thorugh for the fans. If you take a look at the pictures i got of her signing, you see she is signing autographs with a Smile on. I even got a picture of her laughing. Does that seem like a mean person to you? NO WAY. Thats why We love Idina!

-this is basically from me and Idina's BIGGEST Fan

Thank you and HAVE A NICE DAY!

XOXOXOXOXOXOX

I LOVE SHOSHANA BEAN.

bronxboundexpress Profile Photo
bronxboundexpress
#106re: Idina Menzel: what is the appeal?
Posted: 12/5/04 at 2:14pm

It's nto like she's attractive either. It's funny how the thread questionings Idina's appeal came out at the same time as the death threat thread!! lol

jmaclover Profile Photo
jmaclover
#107re: Idina Menzel: what is the appeal?
Posted: 12/5/04 at 2:14pm

Well, this thread WAS started in August.

"I've often said I should put sweets in my chair - they'd spend less time on my a** that way....." ~F.W.B.

NightLaughs Profile Photo
NightLaughs
#108re: Idina Menzel: what is the appeal?
Posted: 12/5/04 at 2:44pm

I think she has a girl-next-door quality to her. When you see her on stage, or listen to her perform see seems like a real person, so a lot of people connect with that. It makes the audience feel closer to the story, the characters, so on. Plus shes insanely and uniquely talented. Has this cool flare to her that many performers just don't have.

If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."- Robert Fritz

Wicked .. For Good
#109re: Idina Menzel: what is the appeal?
Posted: 12/5/04 at 5:59pm

I love Idina for her talent. But I do say, when I met her at the stage door, she wasn't openly friendly. I do know somebody who know's her though, and they told me she was "PAINFULLY SHY". Also with this new Taye threat, maybe she is scared to spend so much time outside with the fans?

"sing til you're breaking glass, or you're breaking down.."

Videos