pixeltracker

Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol- Page 5

Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 24 American Idol

GirlfriendFromCanada
#100re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/23/05 at 12:34pm

Constantine sang "I Think I Love YOu" by THE PARTRIDGE FAMILY. Which really, he did well with it, and made it interesting, but WTF. Bo sang "Time in a Bottle" by Jim Croce. He did amazingly well with it.

Apparently, there were issues with the vote last night and there will be a re-vote tonight, with the results coming out tomorrow. Hmm.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#101re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/23/05 at 12:37pm

Re-voting? What kinda issues?

OtherDaryl Profile Photo
OtherDaryl
#102re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/23/05 at 12:47pm

They displayed the wrong graphics over the end-of-show recap giving the wrong extension numbers to one or more folks - I've got it on tape and plan to check that out when I get home.

"Love Life. Live." Michael Bennett

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#103re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/23/05 at 12:47pm

What I heard is: 3 of the people the phone numbers were wrong so they didn't get any votes. This is due to an error within the FOX station. I heard that on the radio on my way to work..

tthomas76 Profile Photo
tthomas76
#104re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/23/05 at 12:51pm

OtherDaryl - I guess we answered at the same time. LOL

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#105re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/24/05 at 9:28am

I missed Tuesday night's show...but they replayed all the performances last night... What the hell was Constantine singing? Whoa! Did anyone else think it was terrible? And man,...is he tall or what? He could squash Ryan Seacrest like a bug!

Also...did it not look like Bo Bryce was singing to his guitar player? That was funny.

And poor Clay Aiken wannabe..."no thank you". Last night my cousin asked me, "Would you buy a CD with his face and neck on the cover." I said, "Probably not...and I don't the general public will either."

Also, Nadia...black chick with the mohawk...I looked at my cousin and said "Afro Horse." We laughed so hard!
Did anyone see the movie RATRACE? In the beginning of the movie some guy was checking out of his hotel and was disputing his bill which "Afro Horse" (obviously an adult movie) was charged to his account ..over and over again.
Updated On: 3/24/05 at 09:28 AM

Eric J. Profile Photo
Eric J.
#106re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/24/05 at 4:55pm

I personally do not agree with anyone who is doubting the abilities of Constantine.

Granted a non-equity tour; nevertheless, he still performed very well and I found him to be very entertaining as both a performer and musician. How can you compare him to past Rogers? Should his role be decided on mere tradition or embracing character in a role in which he protrayed well?

Constantine is a very talented individual and I wish him all the luck in American Idol.

#107re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/24/05 at 5:00pm

has anyone ever seen him in Pray for the....? Very heavy rock indeed.

Eric J. Profile Photo
Eric J.
#108re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/24/05 at 5:01pm

Yes I have.

Very different vibe that I can get into. I may just be bias though, who knows re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol

#109re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/24/05 at 5:04pm

I am one to frequent sketchy rock clubs to see sketchy rock bands. definitly good, but not rememberable. you know what i mean? i much prefer something with a presence... LISA JACKSON anyone?

GirlfriendFromCanada
#110re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/24/05 at 5:20pm

Betty has a HUGE presence. In fact, if I were to rank everything, vocal power, music quality, etc., their energy and presence would beat all the rest. That said, I love their sound, and I think Constantine is an amazing performer with the band, and he sounds damn good too. I've seen them play at CBGB's, as well as The Red Lion on Sullivan St., and a club in CT. Good stuff, they are. I found them very easy to get into when I hadn't heard their stuff before, and moreso after I had.

eatlasagna
#111re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/24/05 at 7:56pm

i hated Constantine as Roger... i thought his voice was bad and his acting horrible... in fact, whenever i see him sing... he looks like he's either constipated or like he's smelling something bad in the room... argh...

Eric J. Profile Photo
Eric J.
#112re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/25/05 at 5:13am

I can not agree with your opinion, in mine that is far incorrect. Constantine is/was very talented both musically and acting-wise.

However, you are entitled to your opinion but I must ask, who in fact are you comparing him to? Non-equity does not guarantee top-notch actors and/or actresses, lets all remember that.

I was very impressed with his performance and was greatly refreshed with a new sense of the role.

Switz78 Profile Photo
Switz78
#113re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/25/05 at 11:00am

anyone know the truth to Constantine getting fired from the Rent tour?

eatlasagna
#114re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/25/05 at 12:43pm

if i'm seeing a non-equity show OR an equity show... i'm looking for talented people... regardless.... i think it's safe to say that we've all seen equity people who suck and non-equity people who are awesome and vice versa... my basis of Constantine of Roger was based solely on him... i'm not comparing him to anybody... i did not like his voice whatsoever in the role and his acting was so subpar to non-existent... awful... to me, he was the worst thing about that cast... even on American Idol... i just don't get how the hell he made it into the top 10... maybe it's all the screaming girls or whatever... i don't know... Bo Bice is 10 times better than Constantine

aliceripleysnumber1 Profile Photo
aliceripleysnumber1
#115re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/25/05 at 3:26pm

I saw many Rogers, and I think that Constantine was one of two favorites...kinda tied with Jeremy Kushnier. Both of these two men are extremely talented and have the sex appeal that the character needs. I say Good Luck to Constantine! You rock!

GirlfriendFromCanada
#116re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/25/05 at 3:28pm

Constantine's departure from the tour is shady, but given he not only was around for their final performance, after he left and also went on stage to SING with the cast during their version of the SOL Reprise, something tells me it wasn't under the worst conditions that he departed. Why else would he be welcomed back to say goodbye to that leg of the cast?

Switz78 Profile Photo
Switz78
#117re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/25/05 at 4:59pm

well his being brought on stage was by one cast member in particular and not by the management or anything, people can still have friends I guess. I heard this from a tech person who started on Constantine's last day and never got the whole story.

new_philosophy
#118re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 12 American Idol
Posted: 3/25/05 at 10:56pm

i never saw him live, but i heard his Goodbye Love, Your Eyes, and Another Day and he is incredibly flat in all the songs.

i do think that hes good in AI and he will go far.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#119re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 10 American Idol
Posted: 3/30/05 at 11:24am

Hello. I don't understand why so much praise was given by the judges for Constantine's performance.
I did enjoy his vibrato, but that was about it.
My cousin said he had a butt-chin.
Randy (I think it was Randy, or perhaps Simon?) said he did better than Bo. I didn't think so.

GirlfriendFromCanada
#120re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 10 American Idol
Posted: 3/30/05 at 12:21pm

It was Simon, and he was right. I love Bo, but Constantine did out-sing him last night. I thought it was one of his best vocal performances yet.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#121re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 10 American Idol
Posted: 3/30/05 at 12:38pm

I've heard on the boards that when he was playing Roger, he would often play with his hair. Not judging last night, I noticed he does that when he performs in general. I think its cool...for a concert, but I can see how its annoying if he is suppose to be Roger.

#122re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 10 American Idol
Posted: 3/30/05 at 2:10pm

I wish constantine would sing something good. I've seen him do so much better so long ago.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#123re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 3/31/05 at 1:45pm

I take back what I said earlier. I now believe Constantine is going to be there a lot longer than I thought. He's going to beat Bo. He will probably be come in at 2 or 3.

They voted the wrong singer off last night. Anwar was terrible the night before. Completely off pitch.
They also need to vote off Scott "evil shrek" Savol. I can't look at him.

Adam Chris Profile Photo
Adam Chris
#124re: Constantine Maroulis of Rent -Top 9 American Idol
Posted: 3/31/05 at 1:50pm

If you go to idolonfox (American Idol) site and click on Constantine they ask him:

Do you have any lucky charms?

And he answers:
My necklace from "Rent" I wear.

Pretty cool.
Updated On: 3/31/05 at 01:50 PM

Videos