News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for aliceripleysnumber1

aliceripleysnumber1 Profile Photo
Member Name: aliceripleysnumber1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/tobiasb4
Blog Address:
Profile: 37 year old Broadway Boy! Want to know more? Just ask!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Opera Glasses
 May 26 2017, 08:30:45 PM

Perfect!  Thank you so much!  

Opera Glasses
 May 26 2017, 11:07:44 AM

Can anyone recommend a good pair of opera glasses for a decent price?  When I look on Amazon, there are just so many, and I don't know what to even look for in a good pair.  

Q about Shubert Theatre seats
 May 24 2017, 10:53:35 AM

Ok, so it's been a long time since I've posted anything on these boards, but when I have a question, I know who to turn to!  :)

My amazing mother-in-law bought me tickets to see Hello Dolly! on June 14th matinee.  The seats are BALC J 14 and 16.  I realize these are rear balcony seats, but I'm not familiar with the Shubert.  I assume its a very large theatre.  My question is...Does anyone know how the view is from these seats....should we get opera

Why Jesus Christ Superstar Failed
 Jun 22 2012, 09:53:57 AM
I youtubed Young's performance of "heaven on their minds" and found it one of the more boring takes on the song that I've heard! Plus, at times, he sounded a bit sharp. He's fun to look at, but that's about it.

Alice Ripley
 Jun 22 2012, 09:48:27 AM
Does anyone know how Alice's voice is doing currently? In her newest single released on iTunes, "Beautiful Eyes", she sounds quite a bit better. Has anyone heard her sing live in any of her concerts? Being out of N2N has given her some vocal rest, I hope. :)
Hugh Jackman Gives More Les Mis Info
 Oct 5 2011, 10:32:50 AM
Oh! Well, I can definitely see that more! :)
Hugh Jackman Gives More Les Mis Info
 Oct 5 2011, 10:28:49 AM
Interesting... Would Anne Hathaway play Cosette..or Eponine? Even though I adore her acting skills, how well can she sing? When she sang on the Academy Awards, I thought she was just 'ok'. I realize it's Hollywood, so they are going to pick big names, but I really hope they don't butcher this like Sweeney Todd - just to have big names. Yes, I do know that Anne is a MUCH better singer than Helena Bonham Carter, but still. Isn't Helena in talks to play Madame Thenardier too? If she does win
re: Worst Revival Ever
 Sep 2 2011, 01:20:20 PM
I, too, am shocked that acl was down on the Rocky Horror revival. It stands out as one of my favorite nights at the theatre!
Moments You Love in Cast Recordings
 Aug 16 2011, 03:41:36 PM
Side Show - during Tunnel of Love. The buildup in the middle of the song...Emily:"I am yours..you are mine....its a sin...its divine..." Alice: "I want miine..." Emily: "so diviiine" Alice: "WHERE IS MIIIINE!!!" Major chills everytime. Alice sure did have a belt on her, didn't she? You can hear the emotion in her voice...it's just f'ing amazing.
Was Audra's 1998 Tony win unexpected?
 Aug 16 2011, 02:44:51 PM
1998 was a great year for the Tony's...there were so many stand-out performances. Wasn't that also the year that Alice Ripley and Emily Skinner were nominated together for Side Show? At the time, I remember thinking that they were robbed. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Audra McDonald - but I have a feeling if Side Show ran longer (and at the time of the Tony's broadcast) the girls would have been more of a contender for Best Actress.
next revival you want starring.......
 Aug 11 2011, 04:32:41 PM
Side Show ::

Daisy - Sherie Rene Scott
Violet - Julia Murney
Buddy - Norbert Leo Butz
Terry - Cheyenne Jackson
Jake - Brian Stokes Mitchell

Julia Roberts is in talks for The Normal Heart film.
 Aug 8 2011, 03:25:55 PM
I second the idea of Sigourney Weaver. She is a fantastic dramatic actor and I'm a big fan. "Prayers for Bobby" anyone?
Patti and Mandy are headed to Broadway
 Jul 29 2011, 10:45:39 AM
Well, for me - anytime I get to see Patti perform live, I don't consider it a waste. If I had the opportunity to see this show again, would I? Yes. Because I'm a Patti fan. I just would have perferred it be more of a concert, rather than trying to intertwine some weak story in there somewhere.

And the office chair choreography was very cute.I agree with that. :)

Patti and Mandy are headed to Broadway
 Jul 28 2011, 02:44:30 PM
I've said it before...this show is drab and boring. And I LOVE Ms. LuPone.
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
 Jul 28 2011, 02:42:04 PM
LOL and I think I even saw Carol Channing thrown in the mix at one point, too! :-p
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
 Jul 28 2011, 01:42:46 PM
best12bars, I can see what you are saying about the music in Pete's Dragon being aimed more towards kids. And I think a part of why I love the songs so much is because of my childhood memories..haha Perhaps if the first time I saw it was as an adult, I may not have enjoyed the music as much. :)

And I couldn't agree more about the extended footage of Portobello Road! It seemed to go on...and on...and on. Heck - I remember watching it as a kid without the added footage and fast for

Bedknobs and Broomsticks
 Jul 28 2011, 10:47:28 AM
I disagree about Bedknobs having better music than Pete's Dragon. With the exception of "Age of not Believing", "Beautiful Briny", and "Portobello Road", the music is kind of....eh. "Eglentine" and "Substituiary Locomotion" are both just very repetitive..catchy, but repetitive. And I suppose they would add back in the cut songs which would help.

Practically every number in Pete's Dragon is great! It think this has great potential for a stage show...with opportunities for big dance nu

New Poll: What Musical Currently Running on Broadway Would You Like to See Made as a Movie Next?
 Jul 26 2011, 05:26:14 PM
I, for one, think that Next to Normal should be the next movie musical made. There was talk of it for awhile. I think it could be done very well.
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
 Jul 26 2011, 11:52:06 AM
I think Bedknobs would make a very fun stage show...but I agree with Capnhook - Pete's Dragon should be first! The music in Pete's Dragon is fantastic...

Casting ideas would be fun to hear on this - - Especially for the Gogans! I could see Jackie Hoffman as Mrs. Gogan -

Darren Criss to replace Danielle Radcliffe in HOW TO SUCCEED for a 3-week stint?
 Jul 22 2011, 01:32:51 PM

"And his voice is not that great. Definitely not great enough to handle this score. Daniel can barely handle it himself."

You say this as if Radcliffe can sing better than Criss. Radcliffe sings the songs in tune...that's about all you can say about his singing ability. Criss can actually SING.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You