pixeltracker

name a show no one knows- Page 5

name a show no one knows

spintoboy
#100re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/8/05 at 11:48pm

"Wholesale" was just done by York Theater Co as part of its "Musicals in Mufti" series.

How about "Sarava"?

roquat
#101re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/9/05 at 12:41pm

"Sarava"--is that the Carole-Lawrence-in-blackface Edna Ferber debacle?

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

AspectsofLoveLover
#102re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/9/05 at 2:12pm

"The Boyfriend" I think its a great show and no one knows about it.

"It's telling me to hold you tight and dance like it's the last night of the world."-Miss Saigon

Nothatsmrt Profile Photo
Nothatsmrt
#103re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/9/05 at 3:35pm

Peggyandvelma, are you speaking of The Medium, the Gian Carlo Menotti opera? It's a cool piece, but I think it's considered opera. It's got some great music...lots of young sopranos use Monica's two big songs regularly. Check it out, everyone!

spintoboy
#104re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/9/05 at 3:40pm

"Sarava" was a musical based on the movie "Dona Flor And Her Two Husbands," and starred Tovah Feldshuh.

Never heard of Carol Lawrence in blackface (lucky for me!)

Di2
#105re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/9/05 at 3:43pm

Rasputin the Musical

(I am a part of it)..

check it out...

www.rasputinthemusical.com

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#106re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/9/05 at 3:57pm

Sleepy Hollow the Musical

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...

WOSQ
#107re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/9/05 at 4:06pm

The Lieutenant 1975; the shortest running musical to have been nominated for Best Musical. 9 performances and maybe a week of previews at the Lyceum. It was a lousy year. The other nominees were Mack & Mabel, Shenandoah and the winner, The Wiz. It was also nominated for book, score and lead actor who was a very talented unknown named Eddie Mekka, later to achieve celebrity on Laverne and Shirley.

Plot: well, this show was suggested by the Calley massacre in Vietnam. [I need to pause and quote Anna Russell: "I'm not making this up you know."] I think there was one woman in the cast and the rest were singing rock-opera soldiers.

This all said, there have been shows that have been a lot worse that played a lot longer. The energy of the cast more than made up for any artistic shortness.

"If my life weren't funny, it would just be true. And that would be unacceptable." --Carrie Fisher

BroadwayDoc Profile Photo
BroadwayDoc
#108re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/9/05 at 7:37pm

HIT THE LIGHTS with book & lyrics by Michele Lowe and music by Jon Gilutin. A cute "musical fable" which played at the Vineyard starring the amazing Annie Golden with Ann Harada, Jason Danieley & Andrea Frierson Toney in the ensemble.

STRANGE VACATION with book & lyrics by Allan Heinberg (now a writer & producer from Fox's THE O.C.) and music by Michael Rupert. The workshop starred the one and only Anthony Rapp.

SAGA with book, music & lyrics by Kelly Hamilton.

roquat
#109re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/10/05 at 12:04am

Did anyone on this board see THUNDER KNOCKING ON MY DOOR (I think that's the title) starring Leslie Uggams? Was it any good?

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

TheatreDiva612 Profile Photo
TheatreDiva612
#110re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/10/05 at 1:40am

How To Eat Like A Child, Afraid of the Dark, a random play that is amazing- The Insanity of Mary Girard....I was in Look Homeward, Angel! I was Madame Elizabeth.

leap_of_moo
#111re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/10/05 at 1:43am

"Little Mercy's First Murder"

DancNdaMoonlite Profile Photo
DancNdaMoonlite
#112re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/10/05 at 2:21pm

Updated On: 11/10/05 at 02:21 PM

DancNdaMoonlite Profile Photo
DancNdaMoonlite
#113re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/10/05 at 2:21pm

Moby Dick the Musical (except Jess925)
Honk
Dear Edwina
The Possession of Mrs.Jones
The Little Price, The Musical

Edit: The 1st one didnt go thru or somethin. Updated On: 11/10/05 at 02:21 PM

rockfenris2005
#114re: name a show no one knows
Posted: 11/10/05 at 10:40pm

The Little Prince (a Don Black musical)
More Than You Deserve (by Jim Steinman and Michael Weller: the meeting place of Jim Steinman and Meat Loaf)
The Stripper (rare Australian musical premiere of a show by Richard O'Brien, author of Rocky Horror Show)

Who can explain it, who can tell you why? Fools give you reasons, wise men never try -South Pacific

Videos